Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

weird guitar appreciation

They are coming up with all kinds of new sound hole designs. My buddy has a Santa Cruz model with the sound hole on top. It makes a great beer holder LOL! Me, I'm stuck on the round hole for some reason although I did like the Ovation small holes with the artistic wood designs...If the odd designs function and look OK, I can deal with it. +1 on the John Lennon model as the pickup addition has always looked great to me! And +1,000 on the Bigsby looking very awkward on a dreadnaught, especially with the bent bar model! But, someone out there is going to like it LOL! :facepalm:
Take care, Larryz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
One of my fave singer-songwriters is a guy named Peter Case. He was in an awesome band in the early '80s called The Plimsouls, but has been mainly a solo act for decades now. NPR's Mountain Stage posted this pic of him on Twitter yesterday. I asked him who made it, and he said Eastland:

CTPqJ9WWcAAvwkR.jpg

Not exactly the weirdest of the weird, but you definitely don't see it every day. Well, unless you're Peter Case, that is.

I wonder if he meant Eastwood? It looks like the Airline guitars they're resurrecting.

Big Peter Case/Plimsouls fan here, too.

One of my fave singer-songwriters is a guy named Peter Case. He was in an awesome band in the early '80s called The Plimsouls, but has been mainly a solo act for decades now. NPR's Mountain Stage posted this pic of him on Twitter yesterday. I asked him who made it, and he said Eastland:

CTPqJ9WWcAAvwkR.jpg

Not exactly the weirdest of the weird, but you definitely don't see it every day. Well, unless you're Peter Case, that is.

I wonder if he meant Eastwood? It looks like the Airline guitars they're resurrecting.

Big Peter Case/Plimsouls fan here, too.

It's definitely an Eastwood of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ok, this isn't the weirdest guitar I've posted by any stretch, but it's a Korean headless beauty, and I'm in luv with it.

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

...the whammy bar looks like a design I have not seen before. Haven't been to their website yet, so I don't know all the particulars about it. Go to about the 5 minute mark in the 1st video to get a closer look. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...