Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Check a song from one of my projects(The Electric Bootleg)

Songs name is Kemi's Odyssey

No guitars and bass in this tune, only drums, keys and vocals.

Keys :

Intro Samples - Manikin Memotron

Intro Piano - Manikin Memotron to Strymon Lex pedal

Piano Solo - Manikin Memotron

Rhythm el. piano- Hohner Pianet T to Bias desktop plug in

Rhythm Organ - Kawai K1 custom patch to Strymon Lex pedal

Bass Keys - Kawai K1 custom patch

Solo Hammond - Yamaha reface YC to Strymon Lex pedal

If you want to download for free(type 0 to Buy now)

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com/track/kemis-odyssey

I hope you like it.

Thanks !!!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Hi Folks.

Please check out the latest composition from my son.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-green-61/from-within

I realize that EDM isn't very popular on this board (I am not personally a huge fan), but I'd love to provide him feedback on not only the music, but also the production. Most of his songs were performed entirely on a Korg Krome and recorded to Ableton. I believe this current piece, however, was done entirely within Ableton, using the sounds/effects that come packaged with standard version of the software.

Thanks, in advance, for any comments.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

This is a recording from a recent session with a guitarist and drummer in my home studio. I'm playing a Hammond A100 through a Leslie 145. The song is an original by the guitarist called Sunday Serenade. It's unrehearsed and kind of raw sounding with some imperfections, but I like the vibe. I hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/al-quinn-2/sunday-serenade

just a run of a ballad, with a bit of iReal backing... more playing than actual practice, but trying to get into the habit of recording myself warts and all so I can start getting rid of all those bad habits I don't notice while I'm playing. Any comments welcomed and appreciated!

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

I enjoy the KC Forum and 95% of my time here is reading the insightful remarks of those who are still actively involved in performing and recording. Much is learned here - the KC Forum is a valuable brain trust.

Some of you may know that I am a customer service consultant who serves the technical trades and educational videos are a frequent deliverable. It was during a recent educational video shoot that I needed a diversion and asked my video guy if we could take a break from the curriculum and have a little fun.

So we invested a few minutes of me playing a tune. It's not perfect, but it's fun to play. Hope you enjoy it.

[video:youtube]WqbUl-y64Ts

Steve Coscia

Here's the latest video from our adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" - I posted an earlier video of a different part at

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2820568/Prufrock_album_now_available#Post2820568

but having remembered this thread was here, I figured maybe it would make more sense to post the new video here. I don't want to monopolize Shameless Plugs and keep knocking other people off the front page with new posts in that old thread! But I do want to share the stuff. So... see what you think... This song isn't quite as "flashy" in the keyboard department as the two songs in the earlier video, but it's still pretty keyboard-intensive, just in a different way. It's the "finale" of the 16-track suite.

[video:youtube]

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Here's a rough mix of a new tune I finished a couple weeks ago.

WILL YOU FOLLOW

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Here's a rough mix of a new tune I finished a couple weeks ago.

WILL YOU FOLLOW

Nice... At the beginning, to be honest, I thought it was going to be kind of ordinary, but you quickly started taking it in more interesting directions. Question, what's the electric guitar patch you use? (It sounds just not-quite-real enough that I think it's a keyboard and not an actual guitar, but it's still really good.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Question, what's the electric guitar patch you use? (It sounds just not-quite-real enough that I think it's a keyboard and not an actual guitar, but it's still really good.)

The electric guitar is an actual electric guitar--a cheap Silvertone strat clone through Amplitube. I'm not much of a guitar player, so if I can't play what's in my head, I'll use Musiclab RealLPC through Amplitube. The synth solo is an Ensoniq ESQ-1 through a Lexicon MPX-110 with a short delay.

This tune was a bit inspired by listening to Steve Porcaro's new album (especially the break before the synth solo); easy for the average listener to digest, but interesting enough for me so if I have to play it live, I don't get bored with it. lol. It started out with me improving with Ample Guitar T II for awhile until I came upon the opening progression.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

The electric guitar is an actual electric guitar--a cheap Silvertone strat clone through Amplitube.

LOL, so much for my thinking it was a keyboard! I think it was a bend that made it sound keyboard-y to me. But the fact that it was real also at least explains why I thought it was such an impressivey real sounding guitar sound. ;-)

Could also be that I was running it through Amplitube. lol. If one is not careful with that plugin, or anything like it (Guitar Rig, TH2, etc.), it can sound fake. I'm still wrapping my head around it.

Hardware

Software

Not quite as bad as Jump, but still 80's pop candy. Recorded a couple days ago on a cell phone during band rehearsal.

All keyboard sounds are Kronos except the 'B3/leslie' is stock NS2. Octave synth is slightly tweaked factory patch, harmonica layer on intro/break/outro is factory, wurly is factory.

[video:youtube]

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

My originals band hit the studio to record a couple new tunes, check 'em out!

Bad Love

The Farfisa is coming from my Electro 3 and the Hammond from my Electro 4D. Pretty simple parts but they serve the song well I think.

Kids in the 90s

Lots going on in this one - Piano parts are the Grand Lady D from and NP2, though I think the engineer replaced the piano solo intro with a different software piano (not sure which one). The piano solo also quotes two 90s-era themes that you might recognize if, like me, you were a kid in the 90s.

Synth bass on this song was played by our bass player on his Minilogue. He also played the buzzy synth sound on the chorus (also Minilogue). The square-wave sounding synth is from the Nord sample library. I also played the string parts on the bridge using one of the studio's sample libraries.

Here's something really different form me:

co-composed with Keli Marks who programmed the repeating chordal pattern which begins at 1:10 after my synth intro, and then it's mostly a vehicle for my piano solo played on Ivory's Italian Grand. Very little editing done to the solo (which I'm proud of), just cleaned up one or two double notes.

I FORGOT MY LIFE

https://soundcloud.com/jazzooo/16-i-forgot-my-life

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

I did this back when I was studying The Equal Interval System as homework. I didn't "play" any of this. It's all point and click on to the staff or input from the keyboard, but it's an example of going from concept to demo. There are so many ways to get ideas for writing a song...put up a drum loop and try and find some changes you like and then find the melody, let your fingers do the wandering and see if they do something that you like, look at a set of lyrics and set them to music, etc. All are valid ways to work. This is another approach: