Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

This thingy right here...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/Misc/Kronos-2015.jpg

Couldn't resist.

It's funny the things I consider before making a major purchase for the live rig. Will it fit the case and on the stand? Will the pedalboard snake plugs reach the jacks? Can I eliminate/replace another board?

Fantom X6: 41.38" x 14.13" x 5"

Kronos 61: 40.94" x 14.33" x 5.28"

Hell I can probably replace the Nord, the Fantom, AND the Motif rack with this thing. Not to mention the laptop.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

This.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/products/nord-electro-5/images/Models-Electro-5D-73.jpg

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Couldn't resist.

~ vonnor

Make sure you get that sample for the beginning of Sledgehammer!

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Couldn't resist.

~ vonnor

Make sure you get that sample for the beginning of Sledgehammer!

Just let me know! :)

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

This.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/products/nord-electro-5/images/Models-Electro-5D-73.jpg

When'd you get that, Dan?

Gear:

last Monday. Got a deal too good to pass up so I jumped on it.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Couldn't resist.

Hell I can probably replace the Nord, the Fantom, AND the Motif rack with this thing. Not to mention the laptop.

~ vonnor

I replaced my MOXF6 with a Kronos 61 earlier this year (mostly because of the keyboard itself). Very happy with it. The Kronos and the Stage 2 are a nice pairing. I still prefer the organs and the acoustic pianos on the Stage. The latter surprised me given the large piano samples on the Kronos. I like the modeled EPs on the Kronos a lot better.

I will say that there are some sounds which the Motif series does much better, e.g. Kronos guitars aren't even close. So depending on what sounds you use, you may want to hold on to the Motif rack.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Yeah I use the Motif ES Rack for just about all of the electric guitar samples. Since I'm moving to a one-guitar band (thank god) I'll probably keep the Yamaha then. Thanks for the heads up.

Does Kronos have the release plink sample on its clavs, do you know?

Gear:

Hoping to get an electro 5 myself. to replace a VR-700 (which I do like, but I consider this an upgrade)

Also hoping that Native Instruments has a black friday sale, would like to get the definitive piano collection (Gentleman upright, Grandeur and Maverick grands) if it is 50% off.

Yeah I use the Motif ES Rack for just about all of the electric guitar samples. Since I'm moving to a one-guitar band (thank god) I'll probably keep the Yamaha then. Thanks for the heads up.

Does Kronos have the release plink sample on its clavs, do you know?

I don't think the standard ones do, but it looks like the Purgatory Creek (busch) libraries do have release samples. One of the sets is free.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

...it looks like the Purgatory Creek (busch) libraries do have [clav] release samples. One of the sets is free.

Thanks, Sam. :)

Gear:

...it looks like the Purgatory Creek (busch) libraries do have [clav] release samples. One of the sets is free.

Thanks, Sam. :)

If you try them out, let me know your impressions. I don't use any clavinet right now on my set, but partially because the MOXF wasn't great and I don't like playing the Stage clavinet on weighted keys. I might look to use some clav parts on the Kronos if they are good.

www.stickmanor.com

Just downloaded the D6 and it's pretty damn good. The release sample is pretty subtle...having never owned a Clavinet I'll trust that the level is appropriate. Easy enough to turn up.

www.stickmanor.com

• 2 weeks later...
Michael, make sure you never sell them. I have a Merge and a Thru (not Quadra's) and I always think I should sell them then 2 years later I find a need for one or the other for a few weeks or so. I've had them both for a decade or longer. They are rock solid and do what they are supposed to do.
:nopity:

Michael, make sure you never sell them. I have a Merge and a Thru
:thu: I have those also Dave! I too have let them sit around, but always come up with a set-up that I need them for. I'm just setting up something I need the quads for! :)

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

I ordered an Electro-Voice ZLX-12P today to replace my blown up JBL EON510.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I will say that there are some sounds which the Motif series does much better, e.g. Kronos guitars aren't even close. So depending on what sounds you use, you may want to hold on to the Motif rack.

Try the Jensen Guitar samples. I licensed these from Jensen and they are available for free to Kronos users. It's a mix of acoustic and electric guitars. I prefer them to most of the Yamaha sounds as they aren't as compromised and some of the electrics are sampled through the amps.

There are close to 200 sample libraries available at the Korg Web Store plus others for free as you can find at purgatorycreek.com and other places. The Kronos is an extraordinarily expandable keyboard.

http://www.purgatorycreek.com/page17/styled/page14/page3.html

Busch.

Try the Jensen Guitar samples. I licensed these from Jensen and they are available for free to Kronos users. It's a mix of acoustic and electric guitars. I prefer them to most of the Yamaha sounds as they aren't as compromised and some of the electrics are sampled through the amps.

There are close to 200 sample libraries available at the Korg Web Store plus others for free as you can find at purgatorycreek.com and other places. The Kronos is an extraordinarily expandable keyboard.

Busch.

Thank you Busch. I will check them out.

~ Bill C.

Gear:

Busch.

Thanks, Busch! I'll have to check out your collections. I did buy a few of the Korg guitar libraries; some are better than the stock Kronos and some are worse. But variety is good.

www.stickmanor.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...