Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2814098 - 11/07/16 04:54 AM Wonderous Stories - Yes - Bass TAB or sheet music???
Ducati944 Offline

I really want to learn the bass line for the subject song. I can't seem to find it through Google or stores. I'd be willing to pay for sheet music if I could find it. Any leads?

Worse case scenerio, I guess I could watch this video and reverse engineer it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTowdMyIB4

Thanks!

BP Island
#2814122 - 11/07/16 05:50 AM Re: Wonderous Stories - Yes - Bass TAB or sheet music??? [Re: Ducati944]
jcadmus Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Connecticut
I don't have the sheet music, but wanted to register my own love for that song -- the whole record, actually.

It's been in regular rotation at my house again lately.

#2814137 - 11/07/16 06:51 AM Re: Wonderous Stories - Yes - Bass TAB or sheet music??? [Re: jcadmus]
Danzilla Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Baltimore, MD
"Going For The One" is my favorite classic Yes album, too.

I used to have the Yes Complete songbook. If I can find it, maybe I can scan it? It might not be broken out into just the bass guitar line, but maybe it will be helpful.

#2814318 - 11/08/16 03:14 AM Re: Wonderous Stories - Yes - Bass TAB or sheet music??? [Re: Danzilla]
Flemtone Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Mine Hill, NJ
I remember learning a bunch of Yes songs old-school - line by line, raising the tone-arm and dropping the needle back down over and over..and over........and over again.

Use tab or sheet to augment, but try to memorize the song itself, including the overall 'feel'. I found that worked well with Yes, Floyd, Steely Dan & Rundgren/Utopia-type songs.