Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

D'ya think the fact that we're keyboard guys influenced our decision as far as choosing the Yamaha brand, Dave? :idk:

dB

Evidently. :laugh:

I also purchased a Yamaha acoustic for my daughter several years ago, it was the best guitar at the price point I wanted to spend. I, however, own a Telecaster, a Stratocaster, and a Jazz Bass because of one of my favorite Electric Piano's, which I also own. ;)

:nopity:

Been through some gear shuffles recently, plenty to update the dig my rig thread with as well...

Korg Kronos 2 88

1977 Rhodes Mk1

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

Moog Sub 37

Couple of stompboxes...

Gassing after a Korg MS2000B at the moment...

Will it ever end? :-P

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

Waiting for my amp guy to build me a 125 watt attenuator based on a Kendrick design for my 50 watt Boogie so it will be easier to run at proper stage levels.

Those Boogie amps are deceptively LOUD for their small size. I used to own a MkIIA, sold it because it was too loud and it was a one trick pony (never liked the rhythm channel).

A lot of guitarists think they need an attenuator with the same wattage rating of the amp. Not true. The wattage rating of an amp is spec'd for an (relatively) undistorted sine wave. Overdrive a guitar and the wattage can be almost double that. Your amp tech is smart that he knew that.

A lot of guitarists have burned up 100 watt attenuators when diming their Marshall Super Lead 100 amps (they also burn out the output transformers). "Oops" :blush: Boogie is one of the few amps with conservatively rated output transformers so they don't burn up.

I'm the one guy that could possibly get by with a 50 watt attenuator but I won't. I won't dime the amp. I just want to be able to run the amp on 4 and be at a quiet stage volume. The Boogie is loud or off. The Kenderick attenuator mounts inside the combo's cabinet and it is always hooked up. There are 2 switches. Flip one it runs -6db. Flip both it cuts -12db. My biggest concern is heat dissipation but my guys says it is fine that he has done several of these. The way I think of it is, you would never put a 50 watt speaker in a 50 watt amp. In my case I run a Celestion 90.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Heh...funny that we both got Yamaha guitars. :D

dB

and they are both very good looking guitars. Hope they sound equally well. :thu:

Indeed!

D'ya think the fact that we're keyboard guys influenced our decision as far as choosing the Yamaha brand, Dave? :idk:

dB

I kind of like the idea of playing something no else is using locally. I hang out at a lot at a local Yamaha dealer. They had a lower cost Revstar and I notice how nice the frets were dressed on the guitar and it played well. So when looking at guitars I looked at the Yamaha line and found this model. They seem more popular in Europe. I listened to demos and the range of tones they got from the split coil humbucker and P90 was wide so I had the store order me this 611. I have it setup very well. I'm known as a Tele guy but Country has really changed a lot and you need a humbucker axe these days.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

http://thumbs1.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/142098205504_/Korg-PlugKEY-Mobile-Audio-MIDI-Interface-Black.jpg

Works great with Mojo61!

Just picked up one of these as well. Definitely the missing link for turning my iPad Air 2 into a pro, sound module. Fits well with the iPad on the left panel of my Montage 8.

3' MIDI and audio cables (using the audio input on the Montage), Galileo on the iPad w/ dedicated control Performance = modeled drawbar organ for Montage.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

DBX GoRack units are $29.99 at Sweetwater and other retailers. Great for taming monitor feedback, EQ, or light compression for FOH. Or maybe as a super low-end mixer. Cheaper than most good DIs. Used them on a few bar gigs, great results in nailing monitor feedback.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

For the US tour of American in Paris: road-case for 4 keyboard rigs, custom built in the UK. Hold 4 boards, 4 laptops, 4 interfaces, stands, pedals and cables.

By far the coolest piece of music-related gear I've ever purchased.

It's a Facebook post but I think anyone should be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208714621635315&set=a.2978977305864.2127990.1004826416&type=3&theater

Very nice indeed. :like:

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Oops:

240790.jpg

It was on eBay, it was cheap...?

I need help. :freak:

Not yet you don't, you've got a way to go before you are a fruit loop - nice buy! :like:

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Picked this up about 3 weeks ago while the diaphragm was being replaced in my QSC K12. The unit started smoking after 4 gigs. My repair guy is making a case for warranty replacement.

So glad I got my K12 back!!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/tucktronix/peavey_3614480_dm_112_2_way_speaker_1148110.jpg

Tuck, it's unfortunate that you had problems with the Peavey; one of the things that Peavey is known for is reliability, although not as much on sound quality. How does the speaker compare to the K12? Is it as loud? How about sound quality? Can you speak to this? It certainly is a great price point.....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Voce V5. I have my gig weight down to 29 lbs.
Put a Vent on it; it will surprise you as to how good it sounds tonewise. If you come across a V5+ spring for it; the percussion is louder and the C/V is much improved over the V5. V5+'s are harder to find. I have two of them, one is a backup.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

DBX GoRack units are $29.99 at Sweetwater and other retailers. Great for taming monitor feedback, EQ, or light compression for FOH. Or maybe as a super low-end mixer. Cheaper than most good DIs. Used them on a few bar gigs, great results in nailing monitor feedback.

I picked up a couple as well. $29 can't beat it......

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Voce V5. I have my gig weight down to 29 lbs.
Put a Vent on it; it will surprise you as to how good it sounds tonewise. If you come across a V5+ spring for it; the percussion is louder and the C/V is much improved over the V5. V5+'s are harder to find. I have two of them, one is a backup. I know about V5+, but they are impossible to find. If you ever want to sell one of yours, message me. The V5 on the PX160, with a Kenyon midi converter ((converts usb-A to midi in). goes through a vent and a small soundcraft mixer with the piano. Small stage presence, light weight. V% and PX 160
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

I picked up a couple as well. $29 can't beat it......

Just curious... anyone used one of these with a SSv3?

Here for the gear.

I recently purchased a Yamaha refaced organ and I'm totally happy with it.

Very nice sounds and the speakers kill it for a small room acoustic rehearsal. I will use it in three gigs in Israel in the end of November as an add-on to my apple mainstage and Nord stage sounds and as a small and ultra portable controller

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Bome Box and Bome MIDI Translator Pro, with Leap Motion controller and Geco MIDI App.

Leap Motion into Physis K4, out into Bome Box with Project from MIDI Translator Pro loaded.

Use Leap for super fast double bowing Jean Luc licks, and Bome can do anything, but works great at controlling upper and power drawbar combos for the HX-3.

bmtp.jpgpicture upload

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Brand new Nord Stage 2EX 76:

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/baldrust/Nord%20Stage%202EX.jpg

I've been using my trusty Electro 3HP for several years now. The fusion band has been kicking up a bit more, and I wanted a single keyboard solution that could do more than one sound at a time.

This should keep me happy for a good long while.

roland rd-200

http://www.music-express.ch/band/RD-200.html

I've had a few of these--- an oldie but goodie--love the sounds, feel (SW), and what I love the most, you can fit a B3 clone on top of it---no need for double stand.

99 plus shipping...

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Brand new Nord Stage 2EX 76:

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w516/baldrust/Nord%20Stage%202EX.jpg

I've been using my trusty Electro 3HP for several years now. The fusion band has been kicking up a bit more, and I wanted a single keyboard solution that could do more than one sound at a time.

This should keep me happy for a good long while.

It's a great, great board, enjoy !!!

Very nice. Do you plan on getting the input module as well? I'm also curious; do you get any "bleed through" of computer generated noises when moving your mouse around or when there's on-screen video stuff happening? The reason I ask is I have the HDSPe AES card which I yanked fairly recently as I could no longer tolerate the internally generated pc noise coming through my monitors. RME claims it to be a ground loop. I don't disagree but after months of exhaustive troubleshooting I think the ground loop susceptibility is inherent in their design. Others on the RME forum have come to same conclusion. Sorry for the slight derail. I'm betting your interface being optical does not have this problem.