Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/Misc/LBs80sBandRig.jpg

My 80's band rig . . .w MTG Midi Mapper/Credit Card reader on top.

People keep asking me if I take Credit Cards?

Fixed in the quote.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

thanks Vonner!

Pretty much running the Nord pianos from the Casio PX5-S...unless I need a processed piano, then I tend to use the Casios AP's w/effects (this would be for the 80's band). I use a lot of synth sounds from the Casio/Blofeld and synth+ samples from the Nord and of course Organ/EP's (Nord)..All mapped in one push from the excellent MTG Midi Mapper. Same rig for the Blues band but just minus the Blofeld! Running through MS KP-500sn/Rolls Hex-Mix/EQ/BBE (sorry yes BBE)- getting a 12" Behringer sub soon (waiting) . . .

For the Blues band I will still Casio or swap out for my CP-50 in place of the Casio and not MIDI to Nord for piano...the CP AP's can really rock pretty hard (after much tweaking)! Depends on my mood and what gear I have set up in the basement/garage at gig time for the Blues band!

For solo piano work I may use the CP but the Nord pianos are tempting....but bringing the Nord just for that is questionable! Guess that is the trade off with the Electro 5D/Nord pianos and not having a Nord 88! I have used my Roland FP-80 for cocktail hour stuff with the built in rhythms/accomp. at times pretty successfully. . .

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Just tell them your "credit card reader" is for if in mid-gig, you get to GASsing really bad and need something delivered right then and there.

:roll:

OK Lindaru, sounds like a good idea with the way I'm rolling lately!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

• 2 weeks later...

man, Jimmy, that awesome. Myself, not having much disposable income these days (2 kids in college), I just purchased a Waldorf Blofeld desktop.

Had to keep up with "Legatoboy". :laugh:

It fit a need I had and I'm glad I did it. :thu:

:nopity:

Hey guys! How have you all been? Have something new to add to this thread: iPad Pro 12.9" (128 in Space Gray)! I've waited quite awhile for it, and finally got around to ordering last week. It's incredible for Forscorecan't wait to start using it for gigs!

thanks Vonner!

Pretty much running the Nord pianos from the Casio PX5-S...unless I need a processed piano, then I tend to use the Casios AP's w/effects (this would be for the 80's band). I use a lot of synth sounds from the Casio/Blofeld and synth+ samples from the Nord and of course Organ/EP's (Nord)..All mapped in one push from the excellent MTG Midi Mapper. Same rig for the Blues band but just minus the Blofeld! Running through MS KP-500sn/Rolls Hex-Mix/EQ/BBE (sorry yes BBE)- getting a 12" Behringer sub soon (waiting) . . .

For the Blues band I will still Casio or swap out for my CP-50 in place of the Casio and not MIDI to Nord for piano...the CP AP's can really rock pretty hard (after much tweaking)! Depends on my mood and what gear I have set up in the basement/garage at gig time for the Blues band!

For solo piano work I may use the CP but the Nord pianos are tempting....but bringing the Nord just for that is questionable! Guess that is the trade off with the Electro 5D/Nord pianos and not having a Nord 88! I have used my Roland FP-80 for cocktail hour stuff with the built in rhythms/accomp. at times pretty successfully. . .

Cool rig. That MIDI mapper looks like an old Casio calculator. :laugh:

man, Jimmy, that awesome. Myself, not having much disposable income these days (2 kids in college), I just purchased a Waldorf Blofeld desktop.

Had to keep up with "Legatoboy". :laugh:

It fit a need I had and I'm glad I did it. :thu:

How do like the Blofeld? It looks like a pain to edit, but I hear it has so many good presets it good-to-go out of the box.

haven't even got through all the presets yet, Scott, but it does sound excellent. I'm planning on adding the " Analog Voltage for Blofeld by Don Solaris" soon, seems like a "no brainer" for $30.00.

I got a great deal on it and I'm very happy with it overall. Haven't researched any editing software for it, will get to that eventually, or not.

:nopity:

• 2 weeks later...

It took a while for Jerry to finish it but I picked up my old MSA yesterday. I had thought about replacing the pickups with TrueTones or George Ls but Jerry bypassed the onboard pots that most steels do not have and it is sounds great. It is a heavy guitar so it is a rock solid platform and doesn't move at all when you play.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/MSA%20done%201_zpsunceoyde.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/MSA%20done%202_zpsklqyehmj.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Getting the gear to the gig matters a lot to me.

http://www.organforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23462&d=1470748237&type=.jpg

It folds up into four and snuggles in right in that spot there in front of the doors.

http://www.organforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23463&d=1470748808&type=.jpg

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

This arrived today:

27662332884_084b487ef6_c.jpg

This is replacing my XK1, which I've posted elsewhere about the problems I've been having getting a simple repair done. I know it seems drastic to replace the entire board when the volume pot goes, but basically I've found that the XK1 is completely unsupported by Hammond any more. Really, really digging the XK1c, though, spent most of the day just playing it. Feels remarkably substantial for 16 pounds, great feeling, fast keyboard.

I'm still on the fence about running it through my Vent. On one hand, the Vent sounds like it has more depth and character than the internal sim, but the internal sim sounds very good, and it'd be an easier setup, and I could save different leslie setting to different patches.

I had two of these. The vent difference is kind or marginal actually that is why I sold mine.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• 3 weeks later...
Picked up another Alesis QS7.1 through Craigslist for $225. Great condition, keybed and cosmetics-wise, although there is some pitch wheel drift. Always good to have another backup, and this makes 3 of them, total. Bought it from this guy.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Bought it from this guy.

Did you get his autograph?

:o:2thu:

Only on the receipt. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/HandsomeTramp/smilies/04.gif

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Bought a Shure MV88 clipon mic for iPhone and iPad. It turns my iPhone into an excellent audio recorder. It uses Mid-Side recording and, therefore, captures a really nice / wide stereo image from where the iPhone is placed. I've been using it on gigs for self-assessment. I just place it on my keyboard (with a piece of foam in between to eliminate the mechanical noise of the keys) and get real nice sounding recordings. For each gig I usually just record, listen, learn, and erase. It's very convenient.

Clavinet bliss:

I owned a Clav E7 and Mutron back in the day. Fast forward to now and I am using a Kronos and Busch's wonderful Clav D6 library (and a few other software clavs). But the missing ingredient has always been that certain digital effects have just never captured that vibe for me the way that the Mutron and others did.

Why don't I just get another Mutron -'too expensive, too old and finicky to use,

I've tried a bunch of others: now my search is over... The 3leaf Audio Wonderlove Deluxe.. Wow!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz0jqSemJOSceFgyZl9aZERnSXM

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

New acquisition--Ensoniq ESQ-1. Got it as a gift from a church that wasn't using it anymore. Nice warm sound to it. Now, to replace the internal battery...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/justinhavu/IMG_20160902_163921.jpg

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud