Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Something New from Spectrasonics

Spectrasonics won't reveal what it is yet; but since last Thursday, they've been dropping hints around the Internet and counting down the days until their next releasescheduled for September 1.

Recent tweets:

"It's not what you're expecting"

"Something new"

"Ten years in the making"

As someone who owns all of their products, I'll be interested to hear what's next; but I could live without the tease, which is why I've waited until now to start this thread. Even so, feel free to enjoy the chance for conjecture, if you'd like. ;)

Looking forward to Thursday.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm putting in my prediction of the next generation or replacement for Stylus.

I'm putting in a 2nd prediction that whatever it is is amazing.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Their FB page has 5.4K likes on the upcoming announcement. Lots of comments with people guessing.

Spectrasonics replied to many of the guesses with "Nope". I didn't see any replies to the guesses that involve hardware. Hardware seems likely ...

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

I'm putting in my prediction of the next generation or replacement for Stylus.

Stylus is certainly due, considering how much more mature Omnisphere & Trillian are as instruments.

I'm putting in a 2nd prediction that whatever it is is amazing.
Well, duh! ;)

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

I'd guess hardware, or perhaps even a DAW, judging from the hints; but if it is a new beats program, history indicates they'd rename Stylus as they did when replacing Atmosphere with Omnisphere and Trilogy with Trilian.

"Stimulus" perhaps? ;)

Best,

Geoff

"The fourth instrument" seems to run counter to the "It's not what you're expecting" hint, as a new software instrument is exactly the sort of thing I would have expected, albeit not necessarily before a new rev of Stylus RMX.

Not that I'd be at all disappointed with a new software instrument from Spectrasonics...

Best,

Geoff

Speaking as one who has registered every iteration of every product Spectrasonics has released, I believe I've been asked what kind of new products I'd like to see Spectrasonics make every time.

My guess is they've been considering this input from each registered user for at least a decade now, which may be why they posted "Ten years in the making" earlier.

Best,

Geoff

There have been a lot of guesses in a composer forum I visit that a guitar virtual instrument would make sense in that it would complete the rhythm section Spectrasonics has focused on with their other products. As someone there pointed out, guitars also qualify as a "fourth instrument" in the intervals between the tuning of most of the strings. Food for thought...

Best,

Geoff

I'll risk derision and come right out and say this: I have always wished Spectrasonics would do generic rompler stuff, either as an expansion to Omnisphere or as a separate instrument. You know, piano/ep/organ/clav/brass etc.

That would connect a lot of dots for me, personally.

Hardware instrument?

What are you not telling us? :boing:

Come on, Dave, those NDA's are meant to be disregarded. :evil:

I'll risk derision and come right out and say this: I have always wished Spectrasonics would do generic rompler stuff, either as an expansion to Omnisphere or as a separate instrument. You know, piano/ep/organ/clav/brass etc.

That would connect a lot of dots for me, personally.

Me too!! I love how easy and intuitive they have made omnisphere! Would love them to do a bread n butter plugin!!

OK, this is just ONE reason I love this forum. I had no idea who Spectrasonics was all about, but 30 minutes later, man I'm all in!

Just have to think a bit about how I integrate their technology with mine :)

So cool ...

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"