Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

Is anyone else getting a narrow vertical black rectangle where the embedded videos should be? :/
See this thread.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Scofield "Past present", in good 96kHz/24 bit.

I do this game where I use my very well spec-ed DIY DAC in all various upsampling and output filter modes. There's 96kHz, 192, 384, and there are 3 upsample methods, some of which combine, so I need to listen to it like a couple of dozen times to find out what I already know: standard DAC settings are good, my standard improved settings are nicer but probably not intended, and this will be interesting to add mixing bands to (I've tried once and it was like a good show).

Apart from what probably most people don't use their quality DACs and computers for, it's a very strong album, no keys though. (I can play keys on these songs, with my great new upgraded piano patches for instance).

Recommended for Jazz/Fusion enthu(o)siasts.

T.

[video:youtube]5xm3S8vuvjU

Vanessa Rodrigues (organ)

Ricardo Silveira (guitar)

Rafael Barata (drums)

In my opinion, the best latin/bossa/samba drummer alive!

So glad to see Vanessa getting some love here. She's a good friend of mine and a phenomenal player. And I agree with you about Rafa Barata - a fantastic player.

I've been revisiting Geoff Keezer's amazing solo piano record Zero One.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JMSN is on fire right now. Check out his side project, Pearl, too.

[video:youtube]

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 2 weeks later...

Local woman done good. The band is the Phantom Blues Band, Tony Braunagel, Larry Fulcher, Mike Finnigan, Darrell Leonard, Joe Sublett, and Johnny Lee Schell.

[video:youtube]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am doing a nice reading/listening experiment.

I am reading the Herbie Hanckock auto-biography (Possibilities), and listening chapter by chapter to the music he describe (and looking to video of concerts on youtube). I just arrived to HeadHunters; listening to the Mwandishi group was something !

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

Check out Mehldau's left hand work on this:

[video:youtube]NwMDvylKBRk

As Bobby Jones said of Jack Nicklaus: "He played a game with which I am not familiar."

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...