Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need Help for comming back in Music

Hi, I was a dedicated keyboardist/pianist, my life was music and only. Proud owner of a Nord Electro 73...until I bought PS4. DAMN!!!

I am rusty now, I can play what I played before, but with more effort.

The main reason is that in my country, live music is destroyed. No live for me...no life.

Please help me..

Any suggestions?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like smooth jazz, George Duke, Joe Sample, Brian Culbertson, Jeff Lorber, 4Play and more soul/rnb EWF, Stevie,...I think that I will start transcribing again, and of course I will try to play more..I was very depressed by the fact that it is impossible to do live gigs in my country with the music you love

Get some backing tracks and play along to get your chops back.

Do you have a DAW? Maybe try putting together your own backing tracks, that's fun and satisfying.

Also, see if there are any open jam sessions near you (I don't know the scene in Greece I'm afraid).

Cheers, Mike.

Mind if we ask where you live? There may be forumites near you that you could jam with. If it's Greece, there are a few, Yannis D in particular who hangs here a bunch.

Also yeah. Please just keep the flame alive as best you can! Play along with all those great artists you mentioned. It might be tough to do that by yourself instead of playing live or jamming with friends, but it's at the very least something.

Hello my friend

I don't know your age/ situation and so on, but there's always a band to be part of here in Greece if you want to invest in time/ effort. Just like everywhere else I guess...

Try to get your chops back and go ee groups you like. Its the only way to get in touch with musicians.

What town are you in?

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

• 3 years later...