Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

My new Suhr Jack Rabbit tremolo arrived today, and it is warm, transparent, vibey, subtle, yet authentic sounding. Green like the Diamond pedal that it is probably most inspired by, it wasn't originally my first choice as I didn't know about it given that it's pretty new. But I ultimately decided the Fulltone was a bit too coloured for my tastes, and felt the Suhr was likely an improvement on what Diamond offers.

Niiiiiiiiiice... ! :cool:

Do you place it in front of your amp's input, or in your amp's effects-loop?

Do you have the option of feeding the Jack Rabbit Tremolo with reverb, from your amp or a pedal? How 'bout feeding echoes into it?

(Reverb > Tremolo is THE CLASSIC sound, and I've come to :love:LOVE :love: Echo > Reverb > Tremolo, with the echo-repeats and tremolo-rate timed to pulse together on various beats, or rub against each other... !! :crazy: )

Tell us more about the Jack Rabbit's Tap-Tempo and Strum-Tempo features, as well...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, last night I was only trying it on my brand-new Bassman LTD '59 reissue, which has no effects loop, so there you go. :-)

I didn't try the tap-tempo or strum-tempo features yet. I printed the manual from the web but was too lazy to search for it in my stack. Mostly it was late at night and I couldn't disturb neighbours or housemates so it was just a quick test session.

Good hints on feeding amp reverb to the tremolo pedal. I'm also thinking about experimenting with it in conjunction with delay, to get that "How Soon Is Now?" sound of Johnny Marr, even though that isn't how he achieved it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the Xotic reissue of Robotalk, which arrived today. Too late at night to try it out, unfortunately. This is an envelope filter plus arpeggiator, but from what I can tell is a pure analog pedal (I saw nothing to the contrary). Demos are great.

I know the original pedal isn't new, but I think this R.I. model is from 2015-2016.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Don't remember if this one got posted yet- the Electro Faustus Phototheremin:

[video:youtube]

Witchcraft! Deviltry! Farts! Ducks with kazoos!

Hmmmmmmm, their EF103 GUITAR DISRUPTOR Overdrive/Fuzz/Oscillator is a bit interesting... It could be enjoyable to try to put it to a lot of oscillating use while avoiding sounding like an old video-game console...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdJr4dDjSDk

Ordered the Xotic reissue of Robotalk, which arrived today. Too late at night to try it out, unfortunately. This is an envelope filter plus arpeggiator, but from what I can tell is a pure analog pedal (I saw nothing to the contrary). Demos are great.

I know the original pedal isn't new, but I think this R.I. model is from 2015-2016.

This must be it, or the original that has been reissued?

Nope that's the old model. The new one has clean and tidy silk screening compared to that model of Robotalk.

Just tried it with my Tele on the Bassmaster, and it is definitely the warmest, most transparent, and articulate envelope filter I have ever tried on guitar. A very different effect than wah or auto-wah, so not at all redundant.

The arpeggio mode is a bit weird, but I didn't put much time into it yet as I am backlogged on a lot of things. Mostly it seems hard to control the feedback if you play any low notes, but I didn't play enough with the frequency dial to see whether it can essentially be dialed out so that the full guitar is usable in that mode.

Overall though, I get the impression the arpeggio mode is just a variation on delay, or particularly tap tempo delay.

Nope that's the old model. The new one has clean and tidy silk screening compared to that model of Robotalk.

Just tried it with my Tele on the Bassmaster, and it is definitely the warmest, most transparent, and articulate envelope filter I have ever tried on guitar. A very different effect than wah or auto-wah, so not at all redundant.

The arpeggio mode is a bit weird, but I didn't put much time into it yet as I am backlogged on a lot of things. Mostly it seems hard to control the feedback if you play any low notes, but I didn't play enough with the frequency dial to see whether it can essentially be dialed out so that the full guitar is usable in that mode.

Overall though, I get the impression the arpeggio mode is just a variation on delay, or particularly tap tempo delay.

Aaaah, this must be it, then...

Yep. I much prefer the new look. The sound seems a bit better too... even if I shut my eyes to remove the visual bias. But as they say, they improved the filter tone.

Yep. I much prefer the new look. The sound seems a bit better too... even if I shut my eyes to remove the visual bias. But as they say, they improved the filter tone.

I know what you mean about looks having a lot of appeal like that! Two pedals that I really want were recently done in a limited run with custom art that just killed in comparison to their previous incarnations, and now I really want them with THOSE paint-jobs. They've all been sold off, but fortunately, I might be able to score one or both as eleventh-hour blems. We'll see.

As for that Xotic Robotalk, It sounds very good, very promising, in that video demo, and others; I can tell it's an excellent pedal. But personally, though, for an envelope filter type pedal, the Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser is just the ticket for "my" sound, sounds that I want under my fingers and toes, so's to speak... I'm sure that you're satisfied and that the Robotalk is what YOU want for YOUR sound. Win-Win for both of us.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really a fan of the whole desktop effects thing (unless there are jacks for footswitch control), but this one does an awful lot of things.

Les Paul + Bumblebee + Octron + overdriven tube-amp + Cimmerian Caves in amp's effects-loop would sound so John Paul Jones' synth that Eddie Kramer and Jimmy Page would materialize...

Well, folks, I got an email from the folks who built the Schumann PLL clone, and they're offering me the pedal for essentially the cost of the components. Talk about an offer you can't refuse . . .

Sooo...did you get this yet? I don't recall hearing the end of the story.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Wow, I really like that one, the Octavella. I think that I'd get on very well with that and have a lot of creative fun... :cool:thumbs_up.gif

I'll check out that other one later...

Well, folks, I got an email from the folks who built the Schumann PLL clone, and they're offering me the pedal for essentially the cost of the components. Talk about an offer you can't refuse . . .

Sooo...did you get this yet? I don't recall hearing the end of the story.

Lots of things got in the way, recently. Nothing too critical, here at home, but just getting life back on track, more or less. I'll check back with the maker this week, see what's up with the box. At one point, he had two slightly different models to A/B.

Follow-up later . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Just for fun, check out Michael Molenda's review of the Mel9 pedal, in the Oct. 2016 issue of GP.

I will! I believe that I have that issue at home- I picked it up (I really need to renew my subscription), and haven't even looked at it yet...

EDIT: It's the September 2016 issue that I picked up; I haven't seen the October 2016 issue yet- what/who is on the cover?

Just for fun, check out Michael Molenda's review of the Mel9 pedal, in the Oct. 2016 issue of GP.

I will! I believe that I have that issue at home- I picked it up (I really need to renew my subscription), and haven't even looked at it yet...

EDIT: It's the September 2016 issue that I picked up; I haven't seen the October 2016 issue yet- what/who is on the cover?

Sorry Caevan, long day yesterday. Paul Gilbert is on the cover. Mine just came in the mail, the other day.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

Sorry Caevan, long day yesterday. Paul Gilbert is on the cover. Mine just came in the mail, the other day.

No need to say "sorry"! Not at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I second Caevan's enthusiasm for that phrasing!

I have to say, I liked the idea of these effects, but what they make me think of is Synth Modules, adapted for Guitar? Crap, I may wind up going Modular AND diving back into pedals, all in one fell swoop . . .