Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea of a selfie. Joshua Tree National Park, CA in this night sky photo.

And yes...it's challenging to stand really still for thirty seconds. :D

9814kenlee2016-03-24_2232_30sf45iso1000_joshuatree_archrock_selfie_facingsouth-1000px.jpg

Hats off to you! That is way closer than I would ever get.

:2thu::laugh:

Yeah my wife said I was crazy. You would NOT BELIEVE how fast these guys move.

I've been out walking a lot so I'm seeing a lot of nature: turtles, snakes, lizards, all kinds of birds and weird bugs. Yesterday I saw some vultures munching on a poor baby fox carcass - that was pretty sad (and gross).

You did a great job with this photograph and the standing still . . . no detectable motion blur.

You really could hire yourself out as a statue.

:thu::)

Thanks. When you do this, it makes you so aware of how much you move when you are standing still, and how much a little wind really affects you. :D

Anne . . . so beautiful! I just love the ghost train! That one stretches the mind a bit.

:2thu::love:

Thanks Linda! It is not photoshopped, it is a long exposure of a moving train. :)

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Nice. Next, I think we need a crocodile driving a ghost train with a crocodile taken with an iPhone.

Fixed.

;)

with Ken light painting the scene and standing motionless in the background.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

9756kenlee2016-03-23_0004_147sf8iso200_saltonsea_mineralspa-arch-lightpainting-moon-1000px.jpg

Abandoned mineral spa at night, Salton Sea, California, USA. I illuminated some of the scene with a handheld flashlight, including the building in the back.

That one "arm" that stretches from the wall past us really gets the imagination going!

Love the illuminated building centered in the background. Really other worldly flavor!

So many of your photographs could be used as book covers.

:2thu::love:

Thanks. When we were there, all three of us kept mentioning that it felt like we were in war-torn Aleppo because of how the building looked as if it were bombed out.

How this one "arm" stretching out is even staying up, I'm not sure.

9598kenlee2016-03-21_2315_164sf8iso200_joshuatree_ryanranch-walls-new-1000px.jpg

I photographed the ruins of Ryan Ranch in Joshua Tree National Park, CA with Timothy Little on a beautiful spring night. The main house was probably built around 1896. In 1976, the main house caught fire. Arson was suspected. All that is left are the fragile adobe walls. Illuminated by a ProtoMachines LED2 flashlight and a full moon. 280 second exposure. This is not a post-processing creation. No pixels were harmed during the creation of this photo.

Joshua Tree National Park, CA USA

I hadn't thought of that. Too bad they're not putting out too many more albums as of late....

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

0142kenlee_111sf8iso200-4000k_2016-05-21_2247_santasvillage-monorail-original-fog-lightpainting-night-1000px.jpg

Santa's Village, up in the mountains in California during a very foggy night. The Bumble Bee Car is from a monorail built in 1962. I illuminated this and the above photo with my handy flashlight during the exposure.

www.facebook.com/kenleephotography if you wish to see more photos

0122kenlee_231sf8iso200-4000k_2016-05-21_2139_santasvillage-gingerbreadhouseinfog-lightpainting-fog-1000px.jpg

Santa's Village near Lake Arrowhead on a foggy evening. Light painting (in other words, all illumination and color work was done during the exposure with a hand-held flashlight).