Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, Painted Bird, the latest from John Zorn's Simulacrum band, with John Medeski on organ. This is the 4th album in 12 months by this band, and, afaic, they are all essential. This one adds Kenny Wolleson on vibes to the core trio of Medeski, Matt Hollenberg (gtr) and Kenny Grohowski on drums. It jump-cuts between metal, jazz, free improv and proggy stuff, and I think it's pretty awesome.

[video:youtube]

Nice

One can see the Zappa-esque influence on Zorn.

Medeski can do no wrong on B3

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Just purchased this newly-released Bill Evans studio album - "Some other time " - without hearing a note in advance. Guess I should admit that I've become a Bill Evans "completist," reflexively gobbling up every recording without hesitation.

http://www.resonancerecords.org/_img/covers/BillEvans2.jpg

Discussion here:

http://www.jazzwax.com/2016/04/bill-evans-some-other-time.html

Still this. :drool:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Imogen Heap,Sparks: bought it a year ago and completely forgot I had it until last week.

Here is one track:

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Videos of Margaret Glaspy. I saw her open for the Milk Carton Kids last night; a fresh reminder that you can still write clever pop songs with nothing more than your wits and an electric guitar.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman