Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

ok, this is 6 months old, but I missed it the 1st time around.

[video:youtube]

That's a lot of cool parameters and features included in one pedal! I won't ditch my current favorite wah for it, but this does a lot of things- I'll try one out sometime and it might just be handy...

(Tip: if you're faking the multi-layered 5/4 intro and bridge for "White Room" live, descending minor and Major triads on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd strings with a LOT of sustaining, singing feedback really works well; being backed-up by the bass and as many singers as you can muster all doubling and harmonizing with you also further helps conjure-up that classic bit of Cream multi-track madness.)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, folks, I got an email from the folks who built the Schumann PLL clone, and they're offering me the pedal for essentially the cost of the components. Talk about an offer you can't refuse . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

u ordered it already, right?

No question! This will be my first 'custom', hand-assembled nut job pedal, so I'm very happy to get it. I also like knowing that the folks who built it are local, so if anything goes wrong, I have someone I can take it back to.

We'll meet up next week, so I'll have more of a report then . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

Well, folks, I got an email from the folks who built the Schumann PLL clone, and they're offering me the pedal for essentially the cost of the components. Talk about an offer you can't refuse . . .

This will be my first 'custom', hand-assembled nut job pedal, so I'm very happy to get it. I also like knowing that the folks who built it are local, so if anything goes wrong, I have someone I can take it back to.

We'll meet up next week, so I'll have more of a report then . . .

That's fantastic! I'm glad for ya, Winston! :rawk:

Earthquaker Devices is in yer hedz, buildin' yer dream-toanz:

http://earthquakerdevices.com/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/62578/New-for-NAMM-2016

The Avalanche Run mentioned at the end of that piece is finally out; here's some video:

...while I'm here, there's this from Alexander Pedals, too:

It isn't a pedal, but rather, something you put them on:

Soooo much want.

I considered thise, before I got my Pedaltrain 'board. I like the Holeyboard's curved and tiered design, but I DON'T care for their flimsy transport bag. If one wasn't lugging it around much, or went to the trouble and expense of obtaining some sort of big heavy-duty case for it, it wouldn't b so bad; if one is gigging, the pedaltrain and others are a better out-of-the-box way to go.

They've started selling a HSC for the boards now, for all models except the brand new super sized board. So no more issues of flimsy carry bags!

Oh, sure- now that I bought another pedalboard! ;)

I want to get the ultra large to build a huge pedalboard. So many pedals... But as noted, there's no HSC for them yet.:(

But I'm tempted to get 2+ of the regular large ones, especially since I REALLY need to make different boards for different genres. And then I could mix & match colors...;)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I want to get the ultra large to build a huge pedalboard. So many pedals... But as noted, there's no HSC for them yet.:(

But I'm tempted to get 2+ of the regular large ones, especially since I REALLY need to make different boards for different genres. And then I could mix & match colors...;)

With their curved design, two would be very nice side-by-side... I'd like two smaller boards with pre-amp-input pedals on one, and effects-loop pedals on the other...

Ooooooh...not bad!

I was just thinking in terms of my genre-specific boards, but FUNCTION-specific makes just as much sense!

Danger, Will Robinson!!!

I did that with 4 Pedaltrain boards. One for front-end effects like Ring Mods, Filters and Pitch Shift effects, (The Pre-Frontal Lobe), one for OD/Dist. (the Big Box of Noise), one for Mod effects (the Motion Sickness box) and one for Delay/Reverb effects (named, as you might guess, the Tardis). While I've always been fond of Wilde's axiom that ". . . nothing exceeds like excess." this was really pushing it.

Reverb dot com is running a 15% Off Sale on Pedals until Midnight Cental Time tonight; use Coupon Code "Flash15" on Checkout:

ab87b53a-4961-4522-84a1-902b937f7420.gif

...so I bought a SolidgoldFX Sasori and TrueTone H2O V3.

Oh, nice! :cool::2thu:

If I wasn't needing to get a new laptop soon, I would've taken advantage of that sale.

If you ever decide to part with that Sasori, Lemmy know, I want first dibs onnitt...

The one I bought is even in the traditional "rising sun" color motif. :laugh:

I intend to use it on all those nifty 60's era spy theme songs- "The Prisoner" will probably be first.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

The one I bought is even in the traditional "rising sun" color motif. :laugh:

I intend to use it on all those nifty 60's era spy theme songs- "The Prisoner" will probably be first.

Niiiice. (Copper and Black? Or White and Red?) What other paint-jobs 'n' motifs izzitt available in?

The motif designs are all identical, near as I can tell. The colors?

I got the red & white. There's also white & black, red & black, copper & black, bronze & black, Phoenix blue & black, Roman bronze & black, silver & black...that I know of.

AFAIK, the differences are merely cosmetic.

I don't know how new the Rev 2's are, but I just ordered the Moog Minifooger 05 Analog Delay pedal this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

I'm going to put my Empress Superdelay (special black edition with the vintage mods) when I have time.

The Moog delay starts at 35ms and goes all the way to 700ms, which is beyond the range of most analog delays (at both ends). Nice for slapback at 35ms.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I don't know how new the Rev 2's are, but I just ordered the Moog Minifooger 05 Analog Delay pedal this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

I'm going to put my Empress Superdelay (special black edition with the vintage mods) when I have time.

The Moog delay starts at 35ms and goes all the way to 700ms, which is beyond the range of most analog delays (at both ends). Nice for slapback at 35ms.

I'm a big fan of my Empress Heavy- tell us more about the Superdelay!

Also, a review on the Moog will be cool, too. I've loads of pedals, but have never pulled the trigger on one of theirs, eve though I'm positive they're killer.

The Superdelay is too complicated for live use, bottom line. Therefore, why bother?

I have a gazillion delay plug-ins and all of them are better than the Empress. But it does have some unique features that those who play guitar live (I rarely do; mostly a live bassist and woodwind player these days, rarely even playing keyboards live anymore, but gigging more than at any time in my life).

I doubt there is a delay pedal that covers more ground than the Empress Superdelay Vintage Modified edition.

I also only want analog pedals anymore; for digital, I'd rather wait until mix time with plug-ins. And simultaneously, I am splitting up my bass, keyboard, and guitar effects vs. cross-purposing, so I am optimizing for best of each category per instrument vs. compromise choices to cover all instruments.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager