Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#2855993 - 05/18/17 11:41 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: linwood]
Bill W Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Washington DC
Yeah, I finally broke down and bought this...sounds too good to pass up. I have installed it, but haven't played a note yet.

My Genesis Tribute Band: www.sellingfairfaxbythepound.com

KC Island
#2856050 - 05/18/17 07:56 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: linwood]
LX88 Offline
Platinum Member

Wow... it used to be the B-O.... that's just about as good as HOAX.

Attempt at humor aside... there's a lot of buzz about it. I hope I can check it out.

#2856104 - 05/19/17 06:38 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: LX88]
RoadHousePiano Online   content

Loc: Long Island, NY
Is anyone else having trouble mapping the drawbars to their onscreen controls in either Gigperfomer or Mainstage?

#2856284 - 05/20/17 02:40 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: RoadHousePiano]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Yeah, I was using the other way of loading presets, which only changes drawbars. I missed the previous page of this post due to ignoring it on account of the topic title not seeming relevant to me. Thanks for clearing up that it WAS briefly called "B-0" -- I thought someone had simply revived a zombie thread for a dead product.

Tonight I bought UVI Rotary finally, as I stupidly forgot to apply a soon-to-expire credit when doing another super-late-night purchase the night before for the iZotope RX6 Advanced update. I already own PSP L'otary, but my impression so far is that this one is a bit better for organ while PSP's is perhaps better for guitar.

It will be interesting to compare the UVI impulses to the ones used in the B-5 update. No energy for that; I'm only still up because the VSL Synchron Percussion download and install is requiring frequent intervention due to its size.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (05/20/17 02:41 AM)

#2856725 - 05/22/17 01:32 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Acoustic Samples]
Music*aL Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: Acoustic Samples
The C2D will work perfectly wink and is 100% compatible, the demos were made with it (just select the nord C1/C2 mapping)...

When I select the Nord Stage midi template, nothing happens and the program does not respond to midi input (other than note on messages) unless I midi map each controller. This makes it a bit cumbersome since I have to midi map every instance of B-5 in each existing Digital Performer project. For new DP projects, I can create a template and work around it that way...

Am I doing something wrong?

aL

PS. I am really enjoying B-5 V2!!!

http://oldmoneyjim.com/

http://soundcloud.com/six30jam

http://www.youtube.com/six30jam

#2856852 - 05/23/17 01:08 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Music*aL]
Mighty Ferguson Online   content

Loc: Massachusetts
I just want to chime in on this thread to thank Acoustic Samples for making this update free. I wish all vendors were as good to their customers. It sounds killer. I love the Jim Alfredson and Steve Nathan presets as well, great job all around.

#2856971 - 05/24/17 07:14 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Mighty Ferguson]
bg Offline

Loc: Hollywood, FL, UNITED STATES
What do you grizzled vets think about the B5 scanner vibrato? I listened to most of the online demos and I didn't hear 888000000, scanner vibrato on C3, Leslie slow or off, and sustaining one note.

And sorry for the dumb question, but is there a trial demo version available?

#2856974 - 05/24/17 07:20 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: bg]
Acoustic Samples Offline

Loc: france
Originally Posted By: bg
What do you grizzled vets think about the B5 scanner vibrato? I listened to most of the online demos and I didn't hear 888000000, scanner vibrato on C3, Leslie slow or off, and sustaining one note.

Each model has its own scanner vibrato, and it sounds authentic for sure because it's sampled, so it's the real thing wink

And no, sorry, there is no demo for it, just like for every sample based instrument products on the market.

Edited by Acoustic Samples (05/24/17 07:21 AM)

#2856976 - 05/24/17 07:22 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Acoustic Samples]
Acoustic Samples Offline

Btw, for the people asking about Falcon's compatibility, UVI just released the 1.3 today and the B-5 V2 now works in it wink

#2857031 - 05/24/17 12:19 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Acoustic Samples]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Yep, looking forward to doing that update when I get home tonight. They probably needed more testing time for Falcon than for UVI Workstation. I'd be surprised if UVI actually did the work itself earlier for the freebie than the not-free product. :-)

#2857161 - 05/25/17 05:59 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Acoustic Samples]
bg Offline

Each model has its own scanner vibrato, and it sounds authentic for sure because it's sampled, so it's the real thing wink

And no, sorry, there is no demo for it, just like for every sample based instrument products on the market.

Ok, could you point me to an example of what I was asking about? I do hear several examples of what sounds like scanner Vibrato (the "V" settings), but not scanner Chorus. Thanks.

#2857173 - 05/25/17 06:36 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: bg]
Bill W Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Washington DC
I've noticed that when slowly triggering a note, there is one brief, higher-pitched tone played prior to the sound of all of the drawbars. It's not percussion...it just sounds like one of the higher drawbars is being triggered prior to the others. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it, but it doesn't sound correct to me.

My Genesis Tribute Band: www.sellingfairfaxbythepound.com

#2857223 - 05/25/17 08:24 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Bill W]
Mighty Ferguson Online   content

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Bill W
I've noticed that when slowly triggering a note, there is one brief, higher-pitched tone played prior to the sound of all of the drawbars. It's not percussion...it just sounds like one of the higher drawbars is being triggered prior to the others. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it, but it doesn't sound correct to me.

I'm sure Acoustic Samples will respond, but I took that as the simulated key multi-contact system that a real tonewheel/drawbar organ has.

Edited by Mighty Ferguson (05/25/17 08:26 AM)

#2857278 - 05/25/17 01:10 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: bg]
iluvchiclets Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
I listened to most of the online demos and I didn't hear 888000000, scanner vibrato on C3, Leslie slow or off, and sustaining one note.

I too struggled to find this fundamental Hammond setting, and was unable to find a sound example of it! I bought B-5 regardless.

There is a lot of fun to be had with this simulation! I prefer a "brighter" sounding organ, and there are EQ tweaks avail in the speaker EQ section.

I think the Chorus/Vibrato "3" played without Leslie is fantastic...there is virtually nothing that separates it the real Hammonds I have known. When played through the Leslie simulation, it sounds a bit different to me. I get the impression there is possibly some amplitude vibrato as opposed to only pitch vibrato? Also, on a couple of chords I have played, there is the impression there is trilling going on. That is to say, possibly one note is at a different point in the vibrato C/V circuit?

Not sure if I am imagining it, and I have not exhausted all the different Rotary Cab simulations yet. There is a lot included!

C/V is the most important part of the Hammond sound for me, so I have to admit I am hard to please and, perhaps, overly focused on this point. All in all, very pleased with the purchase, and even more so with the update. It addresses some very key points.

#2857444 - 05/26/17 09:15 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: iluvchiclets]
bg Offline

ILC, your post is very helpful. Thank you. Since scanner C-3 sounds good without Leslie sim, maybe a different Leslie plugin would fix the slight phasing you're hearing with the B-5 Leslie sim. So cool that you're focused on C-3 chorus too. Minds in the same gutter...

#2857617 - 05/27/17 06:40 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: bg]
Acoustic Samples Offline

Ok, could you point me to an example of what I was asking about? I do hear several examples of what sounds like scanner Vibrato (the "V" settings), but not scanner Chorus. Thanks.

I just created a quick mp3 of one note first normal then following the sequence: C1 V2 C2 V3 C3 and V1, then the same exact thing with a chord.
Vibrato test

#2857618 - 05/27/17 06:42 AM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Bill W]
Acoustic Samples Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill W

As Mighty Ferguson pointed out, this is a simulation of the key contacts. On a real organ, the quicker you press a key, the quicker all contacts are made (there are 9 under each key). But if you play very softly, you can actually get all frequencies to play one by one as each contact is made. We modeled that with velocity, so it's not entirely correct as velocity does not equal speed of key struck, but it's a good approximation.

#2857691 - 05/27/17 01:34 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Acoustic Samples]
iluvchiclets Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
...this is a simulation of the key contacts.

Very cool! I had not yet played the B-5 softly but, now that I did, you can hear the initial different contact. For those who have played a real Hammond, you will know what it is!

#2859139 - 06/03/17 06:50 PM Re: Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation [Re: Markay]
dougb415 Offline

Loc: Summertown TN
Is there any way to turn off pitch bend recognition in the standalone version? My Impulse 61 is throwing out random pitch change info, even tho I've disconnected the pitch change wheel. I need a new controller, but right now this one works okay *IF* I can turn off pitch wheel recognition.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner