Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2768641 - 03/30/16 04:38 PM Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
Why did nothing pop up when I searched "Geddy" on the forum? I could have sworn there was already a dedicated topic for this bass (or the cheaper non-US edition).
At any rate, the local GC just got one in, and I tried it today. Blew me away.

I hated the old one as it was jangly and loose (and I must have tried a dozen of them), but I liked the concept of a stripped-down 70's maple jazz bass.

This new Made in USA edition is very similar to the AVRI '74 model, which felt like a baseball bat to me and quite slow in response (even when comparing the ash and alder editions). This is a somewhat slow neck as well, but feels very comfortable, and I know I would adjust quickly.

So far, my feeling is that this is the best slapper I've tried, and I may upgrade my placeholder (a Modern Player Jaguar Bass with P/J configuration in 70's spacing on a maple neck setup) -- though not right away (I'm focusing on woodwinds at the moment).

Just to be clear, I found this bass an excellent all-rounder, and possibly way more versatile than m y rosewood Select jazz (60's pickup spacing). I tried a gazillion styles and everything just sounded perfectly centered and ready to go.

Very well constructed, even intonation, no dead spots, good all the way up the neck, solid and resonant as a whole, and excellent pickups.

I haven't looked up the specs yet to compare to AVRI '74, Modern Player Jaguar, non-US Geddy Lee, or other Jazz-oriented solid body basses.

This one is $1600, so it's a bit cheaper than AVRI '74, but does come with the deluxe case. Only sold in black, of course. Neck is bound and has separate fingerboard glued on vs. a one-piece neck, just like AVRI '74.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (03/30/16 04:43 PM)

BP Island
#2768644 - 03/30/16 04:57 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Turns out there is also a limited run of 100 in crimson red:

http://www.fender.com/basses/jazz-bass/usa-geddy-lee-jazz-bass/product-0197702806.html

I like the black better. :-)

#2768688 - 03/31/16 01:41 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
EddiePlaysBass Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Belgium
I am confused: the link took me to a black model. With an EUR price of 2,409.- (about USD 2,735.) Guess the latter is due to export or something.

I think the earlier models here were known as Benloy basses, but it's been a while so I could be wrong. Perhaps another forumite with a less faulty memory can assist smile

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

#2768699 - 03/31/16 04:58 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: EddiePlaysBass]
lug Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: League City,TX,UNITED STATES
The Benloy bass is one of the finest basses Fender has ever produced" - Geddy Lee
I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

#2768891 - 03/31/16 02:31 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: lug]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I guess the link doesn't update when you click through the product page. Bummer. Anyway, easy enough for anyone to click and see the red themselves.

Looks like the earlier version (MIJ or MIM?) is still in the catalogue.

There's also a nice Deluxe P/J bass that ha similar specs to my MIC Modern Player Jaguar, but has the P-Bass body instead. I like it in surf green. Similar specs to the Geddy Lee bass other than the body shape. Special order only; not carried in stores. It's about $900 so I'm guessing it's MIM.

#2768934 - 03/31/16 05:41 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
jeremy c Offline
10k Club

Loc: Berkeley,CA,UNITED STATES
The earlier Geddy Lee bass was made in Japan.

#2768990 - 03/31/16 10:18 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: jeremy c]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Fender's new website is maddening. After ten minutes, I am giving up on trying to find the Deluxe P/J on their site, wherever it is hidden. It keeps throwing me to Squire pages and models, and finds nothing if I search directly or even just for Deluxe. You can only traverse directly through specific lines, but P/J isn't traditional and also shows up neither under Precision or Jazz Bass.

Maybe they've stopped making it. But someone needs to get a hint at their web design department, as the new site is NOT going to help them expand their market or even help sales, if one can't find very much either through direct searches or through exploring the site. The old site was one of the best in the industry.

#2768993 - 03/31/16 10:27 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Although I stand by my statement (also made months ago when the new site launched) that Fender's new website is extremely difficult to explore for specific models or to get a feel of the breadth and depth of their product line, the reason I couldn't find the Deluxe P/J is that it is an FSR -- something the Musician's Friend catalogue did not note but which was discovered via a web search:

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86996

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Deluxe-PJ-Bass.gc

Note that the head stock says "Special" vs. "Deluxe", but maybe that's what FSR's tend to say?

At any rate, this model is very close to Geddy Lee specs; as close as a P/J hybrid could be. And most likely a step up from the Modern Player Jaguar Bass. At the least, it has a high mass bridge. And of course an alder body.

On second thought, when I zoom in, I see that it uses the Noiseless Jazz pickup in the bridge, so I'd feel compelled to replace that pickup at least, as I have yet to hear a Noiseless pickup that I like.

Also, the Precision pickup is further from the bridge on the FSR Sea Foam Special Run P/J Bass than it is on the Modern Player Jaguar Bass. I like the unique pickup positions and blend on the Modern Player Jaguar Bass, so I'll pass on this gorgeous Sea Foam model. Might still consider a Geddy Lee upgrade though.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (03/31/16 10:33 PM)

#2769494 - 04/02/16 10:32 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I'm hoping to return on MON with my Select J-Bass and MP Jag-Bass, to get the clearest possible picture of what part the pickup placement has as well as maple vs. rw on a J, but of course I have flats on my J at this point.

Obviously there are many other variables, but this is the most I can narrow down those variables, compared to other models in the line-up.

The Select J with flats is all over my recordings; I bought the MP Jag vs. the expensive AVRI 70's J because it seemed a better investment for more variety than having two J's and both of them quite expensive.

The Geddy Lee is considerably cheaper than the AVRI and has a neck that I much prefer (wider nut, and faster profile). That's why I'm giving it some consideration. But the cheap Jag is actually a very good bass. I haven't had a chance to record it yet though, or gig with it. And surely the neck is way better on the Geddy Lee, as that's one of the best necks I've ever played (and quite different from the MIJ).

#2769684 - 04/04/16 06:27 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
SteveC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Grand Forks, North Dakota
I've heard nothing but glowing reports on this bass. I have a friend who just got one and I want to give it a try. Haven't been able to make schedules click yet. He lives 80 mies away.

I'm pretty sure if I were to go back to a passive 4 string jazz it would be a USA Geddy Lee.

#2769907 - 04/04/16 05:08 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: SteveC]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

It's mine. :-) Although the black picks up dust and smudges and scratches easily, I'd rather buy a bass that I've tried in person and know has a great neck than order the red and hope it isn't hideous like it looks (accurate colors are tricky on a computer screen, not to mention lighting when the photos are taken).

It was a no-brainer in terms of upgrade from the Modern Player Jaguar Bass. Much more articulate, more expressive, deeper sounding, wider dynamic range, and a much better and more professional feel all around.

Slapping is better on this bass than any I've ever tried -- including the AVRI '74 (once you get used to its baseball bat neck and super-narrow nut width).

It's also a great picker. And the difference between the two pickups is way more extreme in character (due to the closer bridge spacing) than on my Select Jazz Bass (a 60's based model), so using just one or the other pickup works better (I usually have to use some "magic blend ratio" on my Select Jazz).

The Jaguar Bass has been photographed and is going up for sale immediately. :-)

The Select Jazz Bass isn't even remotely redundant, however, as the only thing in common is the body shape -- which of course contributes almost nothing to the sound or the feel.

I think I like reggae a little better on the Select, but only due to flats vs. rounds as string choice -- I prefer rounds for slapping so will stick with rounds on the Geddy Lee. Anyway, I think I prefer reggae on my maple P-Bass with flats vs. any Jazz Bass (or even a Fretless).

I tried a lot of musical styles and playing techniques, and everything held up on this bass better than any other I've ever played. If I didn't need to have a choice of flats or rounds at any given moment, I MIGHT consider one or another of my other basses to be redundant at this point. But only the Jaguar is going up for sale.

I do have a feeling though that my Yamaha BB-Bass will now only be used when I have to have low notes available more than once in a song. But maybe I'll just start down-tuning the E-string instead. I've become a much more musical and tasteful bassist since switching primarily to 4-string basses, after a couple of decades of mostly 5-string and 6-string work.

The case for this bass is similar to the plastic molded case my 60th Anniversary P-Bass came with. I don't think it's SKB, and normally I hate plastic cases as the hinges and/or handles tend to break off at the worst possible moment (e.g. hard rain, with a long walk to the car). But this is a nice case, with a good fit inside and nice padding. The hinges aren't plastic so will probably last.

Note that though the Geddy Lee is a maple fingerboard, it is NOT a one-piece neck like the 60-th Anniversary P-Bass. Neither was the MIJ edition, and I think the AVRI '74 wasn't either -- maybe CBS basses in the 70's as well.

I don't really know how important it is for resonance, intonation, and timbre, to have a one-piece neck. There must be a reason why most higher-end Jazz Basses don't take that approach -- especially as even models that are ONLY offered in maple tend to use a separate fingerboard as well as ones where it might cut costs to put a choice of fingerboards on the same neck.

I haven't done my taxes yet, so put this on hold for approximately half down. I usually get a ton back, but tax laws changed this year so I'm nervous. At any rate, even if I owe the government for once (a rarity, but unpleasant when it happens), I think I have enough stashed away to pick this up by next Friday regardless.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (04/04/16 05:11 PM)

#2769956 - 04/04/16 07:48 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Having compared to the MIJ edition, I'm wondering how that one ever got his name. Almost nothing in common with this pro bass, and yet fender pushed that one like it was a pro-level instrument. It should have been a Squire. And Squires aren't bad these days, but the MIJ Geddy Lee in my view is NOT a $900 bass in value.

#2770246 - 04/05/16 04:20 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
kenfxj Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Princeton, New Jersey
This is my Jazz Bass. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my Jazz Bass is useless. Without my Jazz Bass, I am useless...

#2770535 - 04/06/16 01:35 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: kenfxj]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I've always liked natural grain bodies.

I can't tell from the photo angle whether yours is 70's or 60's pickup spacing.

#2770608 - 04/06/16 06:36 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
wraub Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: ennui, az.
Mark- Congrats on what appears to be a fine bass. I have heard much good about the Lee/Loy model, you should be pleased.

My own Jazz has the 60s spacing, which better fits me and my playing. It's pretty aggressive and bright already, don't need to emphasize that for what I play. In fact, I currently have flats on my Jazz, and rounds on my Precision, to better even them out.

Ken - pretty Jazz there, even with a maple neck. smile
The finish/grain on the body reminds me of my Precision, I really like the feel/texture of the grain on mine.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

#2770698 - 04/07/16 07:11 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: kenfxj]
_Sweet Willie_ Offline
El Superfly Grande
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Brklyn, yo
Originally Posted By: kenfxj
This is my Jazz Bass. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my Jazz Bass is useless. Without my Jazz Bass, I am useless...

Ken: You will sleep with your Jazz Bass. You will give your Jazz Bass a girl's name. You are married to this bass, this instrument of metal and wood. And you will be faithful.

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.
Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

#2771132 - 04/08/16 09:32 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
SteveC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Mark Schmieder
I've become a much more musical and tasteful bassist since switching primarily to 4-string basses, after a couple of decades of mostly 5-string and 6-string work.

I always wonder about this. I have been playing a 5 string for a LONG time now. As you all know I sometimes wonder about getting a 4 string again (and it would probably be a Geddy Lee as it was my favorite 4 string passive jazz) to see how much it would change my playing. I know I could "ignore" my B string, but I think there's more to it than just the B string. Neck width, the feel, received speed, etc.

I am pretty happy with my stuff right now. Yes, a fretless has come and gone, and I tried a REDDI recently, but other than that, my Roscoe has been my bass for almost 5 years. My GB Shuttle/Stack has been my amp for a LONG time, and I've been using my JDI/Westone's for my IEM gig at church for a few years as well. Not much GAS really any more. I think I've tried just about everything and currently have what I need to cover any gig around here that I'd get.

Still, there is a bit of a draw to a passive 4 string for me.

#2771996 - 04/11/16 03:43 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: SteveC]
kenfxj Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I had a 2008 sunburst American Standard Jazz with a maple board. Then I stumbled across the 2012 Guitar Center special edition American Standard Jazz with a hand rubbed (not sure why that's important) ash finish sealed with a single thin coat of nitro. Rosewood board. I fell in love and bought it.

Now I prefer a maple board on Jazz basses and I didn't need two $1000 Jazz basses so I did a neck swap and sold the sunburst/rosewood and kept my Jazz.

This was the pair before the swap. I feel the neck swap improved both basses.

#2772001 - 04/11/16 04:02 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: kenfxj]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Interesting. Surprised you didn't have trouble with resale value after the swap. That sort of stuff always makes me nervous, from that perspective.

I may well find that I don't need my Select jazz Bass after all, once I've had more time with both -- even though I have flats on that one and will stick with rounds on the Geddy Lee as I prefer rounds to flats for slapping and need that bass for that type of playing as otherwise I'm back where I started with that one playing style not well-covered by my collection.

#2772051 - 04/11/16 07:05 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
kenfxj Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Well they were both American Standards from 2008 up. I sold it with the newer SKB case and was honest about the necks.

The only problem I can see the buyer encountering is 20 years down the road with "vintage" all original issues.

Fender has always been kind of cavalier about necks and bodies anyway so I felt fine about swapping.

#2772320 - 04/12/16 03:22 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: kenfxj]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Good point. And when I did research on the Warmoth fretless that I scored at an alarmingly low price a few years back, I became more familiar with how generally interchangeable necks are on Fenders and bolt-on designs.

#2779779 - 05/19/16 01:19 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Finally got it inspected today. Nothing major, but the "A" string took a bit of work to balance for tone, focus, and even tension compared to the other strings. I seem to recall that is typical of Jazz Basses though. It's fine now.

Not sure what strings to go with. The Fender strings were good for an hour and that was it; now they're trash and loose feeling as well. But they are fairly neutral in terms of tension and timbre, so I may play them a bit longer before deciding which way to go.

My techie recommends La Bella Talkin' Bass Rounds, but those have radically different tension so I'd want to be really confident before having associated setup work done.

As I like the current timbral balance perfectly and also prefer tighter vs. looser tension for this sort of bass -- which I'll use mostly for slap/pop, funk, metal, hard rock, and plectrum playing -- it might be safest to start with standard D'addario steel strings. For sure, I would want more tension than the Fender strings, not less. And not brighter either.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (05/19/16 01:20 AM)

#2780132 - 05/20/16 12:14 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
sonofzorro Offline

Loc: California
The Japanese versions are cool, never tried one that sucked. String choice is key, try a set of stiffer strings if it seems loose. Remember, the Japanese Getty had a far slimmer neck than any 70's Jazz I ever played. I used Ernie Ball Cobalts, those are stiff as heck to me but are perfect on some basses...try the 45-100 set for slightly less stiff feel, they still sound great.
The American Getty does not have a Badass on it. They sound and feel different, the Badass bridges are not a magic bullet you can ride a la Chill Wills in Dr. Strangelove to an explosion of Getty Lee awesomeness, but even he showed guarded enthusiasm for the new bridge in the video. Having built many Frankenbasses with various very excellent bridges, the Badasses had a quality to them that effects the sound. Enough said.

#2781511 - 05/27/16 11:25 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: sonofzorro]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Interesting. I tried twenty different MIJ Geddy Lees over the course of a few years, and every last one of them sucked big time, had a Squier-like neck, and rattled.

I personally dislike Badass Bridges, just like I detest Noiseless Pickups.

This is why Fender has so many variations; we all have different tastes.

I ordered La Bella Slappers last week -- I didn't even know about these new strings. They arrived Tuesday but it's been a crazy work week. I plan to change strings tomorrow morning as soon as I get up. This is a mixed set (45/65/80/100).

Edited by Mark Schmieder (05/27/16 11:26 PM)

#2781579 - 05/28/16 01:26 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The LaBella Slappers are a bit bright, but are breaking in quickly, and are so even across the strings, as well as being extremely articulate. There was a bit of buzz at first but this went away with just minor adjustments in my playing.

I don't yet know if these are going to be the strings I prefer for this bass; that probably won't be known until recording and mixing time. The Fender strings weren't at all bright, and are probably similar to D'addario rounds, so that will probably be my second reference point.

One thing I can say already, is that these strings feel like they have less tension than the Fender strings. Not sure if that is a good thing necessarily, but I was able to idealize the bass for reggae at one extreme and slapping at the other, along with excellent work on plectrum response.

I may find that all I need to do for these to be the perfect strings is to adjust the pickup balance and tone knob by genre and style, and I'm done (along with adjusting playing technique, as I always do anyway).

#2859151 - 06/03/17 09:04 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Couldn't find the other topic where I talked about being unhappy with these strings pretty quickly due to a weird sticky feeling and a looseness that didn't lead to rattle but did make it hard to play precisely.

After running through some long-deferred album track finalizations (placeholders were replaced by MIDI while working out final arrangements), I just couldn't get on with the LaBella's, so replaced them with Thomastik-Infeld PowerBass EB344's, which are fairly heavy gauge and heavier than the strings on any of my other basses.

I know everyone says to use pure steel vs. nickel plated, and light gauge, but I slap better with nickel and heavy gauge. I can pop just about as well on either, but I only feel like I have usable thumb control on these PowerBass strings.

As for the LaBella's, I misidentified them anyway as they weren't the new Slappers set but rather the standard SN41 nickel-plated medium light gauge set. Maybe the Slappers would be OK.

#2859399 - 06/05/17 01:23 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

After going over around 100 or so of my own songs yesterday, I ended up feeling that perhaps my Select Jazz Bass (rosewood, with flatwounds) is now redundant after all.

Probably I need to experiment with strings yet again. Currently I have GHS Precision Flats on it, but the low "E" string just doesn't have any "oomph" or tonal center -- and these strings are still pretty new.

I do love that bass, but am not convinced I like flats on the "J" as much as I do on the "P" (where I can't stand ANY round wounds at all). Probably I just all along wanted the 70's version with closer bridge pickup and maple fingerboard, than the 60's style.

Interestingly though, songs that need a "J" do better with either model than with any of my other basses, so there's still something about the "J" that is unique and that supersedes the fingerboard wood and pickup spacing.

For example, my Yamaha BB-Bass sounds awful if you solo the "J"-style bridge pickup, but only subtly different when keeping both P/J active vs. soloing the "P"-style neck pickup. Yet it barely sounds at all like a "J"; more like a "P" in fact.

Until I get around to final takes on more of my songs, I won't know for sure whether I still need to keep the Select Jazz Bass around or not. I believe in sticking to a minimum, when possible.

I'll have to do more string research, but I think I've ruled out Rotos (silk or standard flats) for the Select "J". Maybe I'll try TI again, as those worked so well on the Godin Acoustibass fretless that I had for so long, and as the TI rounds have transformed the Geddy Lee "J" model.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (06/05/17 01:25 PM)

#2860578 - 06/11/17 09:39 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I ordered the .050 flat wound set for the Select J-Bass today, after reading tons of reviews of various strings.

I'll wait for the Hofner Verythin (currently out of stock once again) before trying the Pyramid Golds on something, and have now firmly decided against trying the D'addario tape wound strings on anything.

I'm so happy with the medium light D'addario set on my 60th Anniversary P-Bass, and the Thomastik-Infeld PowerBass set on my Geddy Lee, as well as the "cheaper" Infeld set on my Yamaha BB-Bass 5-string, that my Select J-Bass is the only bass that I dare experiment with at this point.

I'm hoping the .050 set will correct the issues with the "E" string (and to a lesser degree the "A" string) from the GHS flat wound set. I'm really finding that I just don't like any of the GHS string sets anymore, so I'm starting to swap them all now for TI and D'addario, across-the-board.

#2861404 - 06/18/17 03:39 PM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Wow, what a difference the D'addario EBC82 set makes vs. GHS Precision Flats on my Select J-Bass! It addresses ALL of the problems I had with imbalance, no body or tonal center to the "E" string, and not reacting as well to finger-style vs. plectrum playing.

I might prefer a 0.45" to 0.50" for the "G" string, but that's about it. Maybe I'll need to rebalance the bass a bit so that the top string doesn't feel like it's jumping out at louder volume and brighter timbre. Already though, my fingers are adjusting and making up for it.

These have a much taughter feel than the GHS set. And they sound good at every tone setting, unlike the GHS set. A match made in heaven!

Furthermore, it is obvious that there is no redundancy in having a 60's flatwound J-Bass and a 70's roundwound J-Bass.

I am preferring the Select J on most material, and the Geddy Lee on funk, slap/pop, and some metal and heavy rock. That's how I originally expected it to play out anyway, but I had shifted to the Geddy Lee for everything as I hated the GHS strings on the Select J.

#2861960 - 06/21/17 05:31 AM Re: Geddy Lee Made in USA Edition [Re: Mark Schmieder]
SteveC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I have some TI Jazz flats on my "jazz" bass - a G&L JB-2 - and I'm thinking of going back to rounds. I just don't know that I'm a flat guy. I use this bass for jazz gigs, and people like it, but I'm not sure I do. May go back to rounds again and see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >