Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2867929 - 07/19/17 05:25 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Darcity]
Macsaint777 Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I have one, it has higher latency being USB 2, but it is a fantastic piece of gear!

KC Island
#2868085 - 07/20/17 05:00 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Macsaint777]
Macsaint777 Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I have a friend who has one for $265.00 if anyone is interested, let me know!

Ben

#2868086 - 07/20/17 05:09 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Macsaint777]
bob_sd Offline

Loc: CA
See PM

#2868115 - 07/20/17 07:53 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Macsaint777]
MAJUSCULE Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
Originally Posted By: Macsaint777
I have a friend who has one for $265.00 if anyone is interested, let me know!

Ben

Holy crap, what a deal. If it was local I would already be knocking on your door.

#2868120 - 07/20/17 08:25 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Darcity]
JazzPiano88 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Darcity
I wonder how it would fair against my Allen & Heath Zedi-10FX?

I have that A&H Z10 and am SO looking forward to getting rid of it. (not to mention the functionality that is a complete headache and mess)

A fellow forum member put it in perspective for me... The total raw parts cost is probably $50, of which the electronics is likely less than $10 and I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than $4.

Yes the signals do approximately what the schematic say, but that's about it... Approximately.

Yamaha C7D | Montage8 | CP300 | CP4
Hammond SK1-73

#2885028 - 10/14/17 02:29 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: JazzPiano88]
davedoerfler Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
maybe this will help someone decide on a purchase, maybe not.

Obligatory video follows:

#2886497 - 10/22/17 02:19 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: davedoerfler]
Dr88s Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Been GASing for this since it was announced.

My 'big' rig for the stage show is stereo outs from each of my 2 boards, and mono out from the Nord organs into a Vent with stereo out from the Vent - that's 3x2 channels in all.

Right now I mix the three stereo channels with a Rolls line mixer Velcroed to my pedalboard, with each side of the summed stereo output going into a Radial pro D2.

Monitoring is all handled by the venue; I don't need my own monitor send. Nor do I use external FX.

Outside from one less box on my pedalboard and maybe a small amount of saved real estate, what advantage will this offer over my current setup?

#2886505 - 10/22/17 03:07 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Dr88s]
mate stubb Offline
Grand Poobah of the Trebuchet
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Dr88s

Outside from one less box on my pedalboard and maybe a small amount of saved real estate, what advantage will this offer over my current setup?

I can't imagine that the KL won't sound better than your Rolls. You already have great direct boxes (which you won't need - repurpose or sell to recoup some cost.) Now get a great sounding mixer too.

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

#2886545 - 10/22/17 07:01 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: mate stubb]
Dr88s Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Montreal, Canada
^^

Thanks. As figured. Now, seeing as how I have no personal complaints about the sound from the Rolls, nor have I received complaints, can I justify the price to myself for the mixer upgrade?

#2887434 - 10/27/17 11:44 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Dr88s]
AWkeys Offline

One gig in with the Key Largo, and I cannot believe how much more open and "airier" the sound is compared to my old Yamaha MG06X mixer. I'll miss the built-in reverb a little, but this thing is amazing!

#2887436 - 10/27/17 11:59 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: AWkeys]
musicbysterling Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
+1 here.
I used mine for the first time last Friday, and was very pleased with it's performance. I had the monitor outs connected to my Spacestation with the main outs going to FOH. My Ashly LX308B is now back in it's box.

#2887457 - 10/27/17 03:10 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: musicbysterling]
Al Coda Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: out in the sticks
[quote=musicbysterlingMy Ashly LX308B is now back in it's box. [/quote]

I have a Ashly MX508 ...

So, you say, the Key-Largo "Mixer" is on par w/ the Ashly designs in overall sound quality (and ignoring features the Ashly´s offer in addition) ?

A.C.

#2887476 - 10/27/17 08:59 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: mate stubb]
Al Quinn Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Center Moriches, NY
Originally Posted By: matted stump
Originally Posted By: Dr88s

I can't imagine that the KL won't sound better than your Rolls. You already have great direct boxes (which you won't need - repurpose or sell to recoup some cost.) Now get a great sounding mixer too.

I have a KL and a Rolls. The KL sounds much better. The Rolls was a disappointment for me. I understand a lot of folks like it (which is why I bought it) but for me it's not gig worthy. The KL on the other hand is excellent.

Yamaha C3, '62 A100, Leslie 145, CP4, Mojo, HX3 Module, Vent 2, Electro 4D, AX Synth, SSv3, Markbass CMD 121P, Chopped Leslie 145, RCF TT08As

#2887517 - 10/28/17 05:22 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: timwat]
johnnyd Offline

Anybody using the KL for VST'i? in a live setting
I can't seem to get an acceptable latency (getting 57ms) using Brainspawn Forte

#2887998 - 11/01/17 01:39 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: johnnyd]
TK@Edmondsound Offline

Loc: Atlanta
Possible work around for the iOS connection in could be via a Korg plugKey. Shouldn’t have to do workarounds like that but I imagine it would work fine while still allowing midi control to a board directly, the key largo or a midi hub ie; iconnectmidi.

#2888298 - 11/02/17 01:21 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Al Coda]
musicbysterling Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
For my current needs, I'm finding the Key Largo to be more than adequate in providing me with the the sound quality and build quality I expect from Radial. My LX308B has been in my rack for over a decade and I'm certain at some future date, I'll end up using it again.
Originally Posted By: Al Coda
[quote=musicbysterlingMy Ashly LX308B is now back in it's box.

I have a Ashly MX508 ...

So, you say, the Key-Largo "Mixer" is on par w/ the Ashly designs in overall sound quality (and ignoring features the Ashly´s offer in addition) ?

A.C. [/quote]

#2888389 - 11/03/17 06:53 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: johnnyd]
Al Coda Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: johnnyd

bummer !
Maybe driver issue ?

A.C.

#2888390 - 11/03/17 06:55 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: musicbysterling]
Al Coda Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: musicbysterling

My LX308B has been in my rack for over a decade and I'm certain at some future date, I'll end up using it again.

Thank you !

smile

A.C.

#2888406 - 11/03/17 08:53 AM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: johnnyd]
EscapeRocks Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: johnnyd
Anybody using the KL for VST'i? in a live setting

Sorry I can't help you on that. I played around with a friend's rig who uses the KL with Mainstage, and no issues with latency. NOt sure the number, but it was lower than 57ms.

It sounded so good, with no delay to my ears between key press and note sound, that I just ordered one.

#2888447 - 11/03/17 12:34 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: EscapeRocks]
Daniel71 Offline

Loc: Rimouski Canada
Received mine yesterday, can’t wait to try it..

Regards

#2888459 - 11/03/17 01:59 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Daniel71]
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I tested the KL with my mbp and was more than impressed with it's performance. I too have a 308, and have no intentions of getting rid of it. I can think of many situations where I will use it rather than the KL.

#2890280 - 11/14/17 01:48 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Michael Wright]
Electro Fan Offline

Loc: Maine
I am wondering how many Key Largo owners are using it in a pedal format? Based on the dimensions listed on the Radial site, I would have difficulty setting this on my Px-5s as my top tier board is too close to allow clearance. It would seem that setting levels by reaching down to the floor would be inconvenient, but the unit seems to be buit to be used like a pedal.

Thanks,

Bill

#2890298 - 11/14/17 02:30 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Electro Fan]
FJR Offline

Loc: SF Bay
Originally Posted By: Electro Fan
I am wondering how many Key Largo owners are using it in a pedal format? Based on the dimensions listed on the Radial site, I would have difficulty setting this on my Px-5s as my top tier board is too close to allow clearance. It would seem that setting levels by reaching down to the floor would be inconvenient, but the unit seems to be buit to be used like a pedal.

Thanks,

Bill

I agree! I wish it was either in a smaller footprint - without the pedals, or in a rack mount. I like the idea of consolidating the DB/Interface/Mixer, but I'm trying to figure where it would go, since I would never use the pedal functionality... and since I'm wishing, I think it would be great to have a headphone output!

#2890303 - 11/14/17 02:41 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Electro Fan]
mynameisdanno Offline

I do keep it on the floor, but next to me, not under the keyboards. Easier to adjust that way. It goes on a small pedaltrain pedalboard along with my Mini-Vent with Mini-Remote mod (with remote footswitch under the keyboard), and power supplies for both units mounted underneath.

Once the levels are set, I don't find myself adjusting them very often - monitor volume might get tweaked a few times throughout a night but that's about it.

I don't bother with the foot switches on the Key Largo, though they may be useful for others.

#2890323 - 11/14/17 04:48 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: FJR]
Moonglow Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Northwest Indiana
Originally Posted By: FJR

Thanks,

Bill

I agree! I wish it was either in a smaller footprint - without the pedals, or in a rack mount. I like the idea of consolidating the DB/Interface/Mixer, but I'm trying to figure where it would go, since I would never use the pedal functionality... and since I'm wishing, I think it would be great to have a headphone output!

+1 for an alternate form factor, a rack-mount would be great!

#2890329 - 11/14/17 05:25 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Moonglow]
Electro Fan Offline

Loc: Maine

Thanks,

Bill

A headphone out would be welcomed.
Originally Posted By: mynameisdanno
I do keep it on the floor, but next to me, not under the keyboards. Easier to adjust that way. It goes on a small pedaltrain pedalboard along with my Mini-Vent with Mini-Remote mod (with remote footswitch under the keyboard), and power supplies for both units mounted underneath.

Once the levels are set, I don't find myself adjusting them very often - monitor volume might get tweaked a few times throughout a night but that's about it.

I don't bother with the foot switches on the Key Largo, though they may be useful for others.

I just recently purchased a Gator G Tour Pedalboard to keep my Vent, expression and sustain pedals mounted for easy setup. I think that if I go with the Key Largo I would have to attach it to the board. Unfortunately I went for the larger version of the pedalboard (24” L) for more room, but as I decided to go back to my old INVISIBLE stand, the larger board will not fit under the stand.

Originally Posted By: Moonglow

Thanks,

Bill

Chris, I concur that a rack mount version would be the preferable form factor for me as well. I had been looking at the Samson S10 1U rack mixer, but the Radial quality transformers and ground lift have me leaning towards the KL.
Bill

#2890330 - 11/14/17 05:27 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: mynameisdanno]
mate stubb Offline
10k Club

I've evolved a strange setup. KL perma mounted and wired in the pedal board. Main output L to FOH. Main output R to bass player's hot spot monitor so he can hear keys. Monitor outputs to my in ears.

I do not touch KL levels ever. I used to use a Behringer headphone amp to drive the in ears, but it distorted all the time. Now I carry my old Yamaha MX 06 to drive my in ears cleanly, and also add back my monitor mix from the PA.

So it's kinda weird to have 2 mixers in my setup, but it has advantages:
- keys plug in to pedal board with short custom length cables. Vent is pre mounted and pre wired.
- KL takes up no more room than my previous Radial JDI Duplex, and provides super clean FOH feed. Yamaha sits at my side in a little box and provides convenient ears volume for keys and monitor feed.
- I can blow off the Yamaha and the pedalboard is still fully functional.

#2890331 - 11/14/17 05:28 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: mate stubb]
mate stubb Offline
10k Club

Oh and one more trick - I use the efx enable foot switch as a solo volume boost.

#2890334 - 11/14/17 05:51 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Moonglow]
Al Coda Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Moonglow

+1 too ...

and w/ balanced TRS inputs (usable balanced or unbalanced), gain switches (-20dB/+4dB) for each analog input channel please.
I´d like to use it as kind of summing mixer for other line mixers and USB audio,- or, for the smaller gig as the only line mixer and have the DI functionality for both purposes.

The FX bypass switch is senseless ´cause there´s the option to connect a bypass-switch to almost any FX unit directly,- and when it is a stomp box, there´s a switch anyway.
I doubt I need a bypass switch at all because I´m doing all w/ MIDI.

The sustain ft-switch is dispensable too and when the switches are gone there´s no need anymore to use it on the floor.

A.C.

#2890364 - 11/14/17 11:54 PM Re: Radial Key-Largo Mixer, DI, USB [Re: Al Coda]
hardware Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Las Vegas
Agreed about rack mount.
Having both is nice.
I think Radial Eng is just gett8ng started.
They already have an excellent rack chassis design with the Space Heater.
Can’t be more than 8 inches deep, perfect for mixing.
The Space Heater is the heaviest short rack mounted kit I own.

A Largo with the Radial Tube design on Master outs would be great.
It really gave my VSTs some presence and I finally got rid of my DSP and Native fake digital distortion.
They each have sweet spots but cling to the usual octave and a half safe space.
Going higher and lower is most irritating.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner