Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2759007 - 02/24/16 05:07 PM New here, looking for flying strat artwork in past issue
Mark2Cplus Offline

Hey all,
Forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. I subscribed to G.P. magazine from 1979 until about 1990 . There was an ad featuring a stratocaster flying horizontally, the neck had a Slight arch to it and it was sportin a set of fairly small wings.
I remember at the time thinkin it was the coolest artwork I'd ever seen. Unfortunately my collection of past G.P. magazines are long gone. Can anyone help me find which issue it was in ? It may have been in more than one issue. I very much want to find this. If anyone can help me find which issue it was in it would be so appreciated. Hopefully I could then buy that issue if possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

#2759014 - 02/24/16 05:29 PM Re: New here, looking for flying strat artwork in past issue [Re: Mark2Cplus]
Editor Boy Moderator Offline

Loc: San Mateo,CA,UNITED STATES
Hi Mark...

You can usually find old Fender ads online. Was this the one?

#2759026 - 02/24/16 06:06 PM Re: New here, looking for flying strat artwork in past issue [Re: Editor Boy]
Mark2Cplus Offline

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not 100% sure, I think it might be. I thought I remembered it with wings but it could be the hands I remember. When I searched online, I used guitar player magazine artwork and simular key words. I'll try fender ads and simular entries. Man it was so long ago. I plan on getting a tattoo so I will look into it some more. If anyone remembers or comes across something similar please let me know. Thanks again for your prompt help. I look forward to being active in this forum. G.P. magazine had so much great information and interviews I look forward to reading what your members have to offer.