Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Thanks for the positive (and the tongue in cheek) responses. I may one day consider stripping the melody instruments and playing for one or two of my usual lyric co-writers, but for now, I'm just having fun, while playing with some plugs. In fact, I did some tweaking with PSP's new E27 EQ (which is frakin' awesome), and made a brighter, punchier ruff.

I know I praise the PSP stuff a lot, and I always make sure to note the ones I have had a hand in developing or testing. In the case of the E27, I was not involved and did no Beta Testing for them on it, but I will praise the heck out of it. :w00t:

Brighter Ruff

Very nice Steve! I like the different textures, the overall feel, how the tune gradually builds, and your phrasing is a pleasure to listen to.

Thanks Al. "Waltz for Karen" is pretty "dang" good too. :cool:

I especially like the chord in the intro (at 26 seconds) :laugh:

I'm guessing at 279 posts, you weren't around for my thread entry into the"Hall of Shame".

What Chord is This?

Steve, thanks for the positive feedback! Your right, "What Chord is This" was before my time. I just read the first three pages and refrained from chiming in as I'm still recovering from my participation in the "Dreams" thread :crazy:

Yes, the chord you referenced in Waltz For Karen is basically the same as "What Chord is This" except I included the third:

LH: E D

RH: G# C# F# A#

So great, Dave.

I always reharm to slow down/minimize the B Section chords, so I was particularly interested in how skillfully you MAXIMIZED them.

Have you ever heard Dave Kikoski's (sp?) version of this? I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT

Found one:

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Very Nice!

I really shouldn't be posting this video, because the sound distorts--bad cameraman. Trying to sort out the wav files now, but probably hopeless. THAT HAVING BEEN SAIDit's really pretty cool. Don Grusin on piano; Iraida Noriega on voice, Rick Shlosser on shaker and me on snare. Little Drummer Boy, from my concert Thursday night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowMYiGeE_4&feature=youtu.be

NS3C, Hammond XK5, Yamaha S7X, Sequential Prophet 6, Yamaha YC73, Roland Jupiter X

Posting my imperfect jazz solo piano recordings actually helps me improve. Thanks for playing along...

COME RAIN OR COME SHINE - AG N2

Sounds good Peter. Nice playing and very well done on a tune that has some hard changes. I thought you sounded relaxed and had a good flow of ideas, with a solid time feel on this one. :thu:

Another song I like, but for some reason I don't play this that often. The middle section, where it goes to the b5 chord on the 1st ending, always trips me up if I haven't played it in awhile. And the way the tonal center changes at the end. Definitely a tune that separates the men from the boys. :cool:

In the celebration of the 52nd anniversary of the "boys" on Ed Sullivan the other day, and not to intrude in the other thread on Jon Batiste's wonderful playing - I went into my archives and pulled out this arrangement I did on "Blackbird" going back a few years now. I changed some of the notes and chords... :D

Dave, I'm just reading this. Thanks so much coming from you. I'd love to hear you comment on recording a solo piece and staying in the moment, so not to ruin a great improve with a major clam. That's where I think there's also that separation between boys and men. I've always enjoyed just jumping off the cliff and that is my weakness. Since I haven't gigged in a while, this is the next best thing, knowing it possibly could be heard by people from around the world.

Edit: Dave I enjoyed your version of Blackbird. Love your refinement! I just get that feeling like you'll always play good on recordings. I still feel lucky when I make it to end without clamming up.

Cheers!

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Without reading through 40 pages in this thread to find our why, I can't seem to post a link to an ogg vorbis audio file I have at dropbox. Is hot linking audio verboten? Am I missing something? I have hotlinked image files several times.
Unfortunately, this forum software doesn't have a capability to post embedded audio links. The only thing you can post is a link that looks like
http://mysite.com/audiofile.mp3

that the user can then click on and go listen to.

That said, I'm not sure if ogg vorbis is playable in most browsers. Also, Dropbox links can be particular.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Hi there colleagues, counterparts, cajolers & curmudgeons!

This is melodic rock type stuff, circa 1988. Definitely not for everyone, but seems to hold up ok. Very simple/basic (I didn't have the skills for anything complex anyway)... No keys solos, just pads, tinkly chorus parts and a few subliminal punches here and there I think we used about 2-3 tracks. The simplicity made it easy to replicate live. All on a Roland D-50.

Cheers!

Always

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

I posted these at the other place, might as well put them here too. This is video from a couple of weeks ago. This is one my groups as a sideman/MD, a soul show-band that does a night of songs from a single artist (different artist each time). This particular one was Stevie Wonder. Obviously there are issues with the audio (both the field recorder and the house), but hopefully you'll get the idea. It wasn't bad for one rehearsal.

In the first clip, I play a melodica solo at about 1:10, continuing at 1:55 and out. In the second, which I spaghettified from the longer performance, I play a crazy little clav thing starting at about 2:00.

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I realize this type of music may not be very popular with this forum's demographic, but I did this remix of Plush Toy Zombie by Cyan DAnjou. I havent done this kind of music in a while, and it was refreshing and a lot of fun! I think I got too deep into the whole Smooth Jazz thing, and theres nothing wrong with that, but in a way this was liberating!

Finished the whole thing really quick, too. Spend practically zero time on mixing it, just nudging the levels up or down a little, and some Alloy2 on the beat. That was it.

I wrote this little melody on banjo and have been playing it for a while, yesterday I decided to try and structure it and record it, just to give myself something to work with. Here's the result! First time I've ever played any percussion on a recording, its definitely not perfect, but its more of an exercise in mixing and recording techniques than anything.

https://soundcloud.com/user3642561/long-way-to-go-2

Here's a couple of older clips. Sloppy (over)playing but a fun live rendition of one of my tunes.

This is the VL1 with Busch's Rhodes sound on the Kronos:

http://diystompboxes.com/sndz/InTheGroove_4-15-15.mp3

This one is a so what except with Busch's Rhodes. The solo starts at 2:12 in.

I think this was one of the first times I used this Rhodes, I really liked the way it sounded.

http://diystompboxes.com/sndz/SoWhatExcerpt_4_15_15.mp3

Finally my Sequential Pro One with breath control. Only listen to this after you are in an altered state:

http://aronnelson.com/sndz/crazyBCSoloProOne.mp3

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

"In The Groove" and "So What Except" . . . closed my eyes and felt myself sitting at a table in the front row and just off to the side of the stage. Nice retro feel to it! Put me in the mind set of hanging out with friends and relaxing after a hard week of work. Your playing definitely tells a story!

:thu:

Crazy BC Solo Pro One . . . cool! :puff::cool: