Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2748232 - 01/20/16 06:50 PM Hey Editor Boy
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Northern California
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2748230/Where_is_everyone#Post2748230 <---re: before closing the Guitar Player, Keyboard, Bass and other forums, please read this! As I don't think you have any idea how many of your readers read our membership forums...Thanks, Larryz cool

ps. see the GP Covers thread on this forum, I posted on 8/23/08, to which you have never responded! But that's OK, as 7,000+ readers do seem to care...

Edited by Larryz (01/20/16 07:00 PM)
Edit Reason: ps.

#2748828 - 01/22/16 09:09 AM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Larryz]
Fred_C Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: PA
I had sent two emails requesting additional information on two reviews he had written to Mr. Molenda. He never responded.

IMO, Editor boy is a dickhead and as useless as breasts on a nun.

#2748835 - 01/22/16 09:26 AM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Fred_C]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Fred, I dunno if that's correct, in a couple ways.

When I've read Molenda's comments in GP or here, I generally find myself in agreement.
What abt you, as far as that ?

There is a lot involved in maintaining GP &, while I def am NOT making excuses for anyone, someone in what amounts to a middle management situation doesn't always get to do what they might really want & might lack time to juggle all the fish in the sea...if y'see what I mean, Mr C.

More importantly, I think it's a mistake to alienate the one(s) you / me / we might need to keep on our side.

Let's hold fire for a while....but not forever, there seems to be a definite trend in this group of publications that looks a bit like a self-fulfilling failure fear, i.e., "let's cut back---oops, too much!".
Like when a stock run looks unsustainable & some begin to sell, then everyone jumps ship & the whole thing crashes, not for any real reason but b/c of over-reaction & / or lack of imaginative problem solving.

Take a look at this thread from the KBoard Eds page...
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2673276/Skinny_Keyboardmag#Post2673276

#2748853 - 01/22/16 09:40 AM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: d]
Editor Boy Moderator Offline

Loc: San Mateo,CA,UNITED STATES
Dear Larry and Fred...

Useless dickhead here smile

I apologize for not checking the forum much at all. A bad move, certainly, but we've been very busy expanding our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram initiatives for both community and business reasons, and, as a result, all of the MPN Forums (GP, BASS PLAYER, KEYBOARD, EQ/EM) have suffered from a lack of staff editor involvement. Happily, we have awesome moderators on the forums, and the forum members are obviously fantastic at monitoring things themselves.

We did hear everyone loud and clear when the parent company shut down the forums, and, credit to my bosses, they realized the error and reinitiated the forums super fast. We still need to figure out the business model as I mentioned in my forum post but, for now, all will be as it was.

I can't promise that I will have the time to regularly visit the GP Forum, but since 1990 when I became editor of GP, it has always been easy to reach me with a simple email to mmolenda@musicplayer.com. I absolutely try to answer everyone when I can, and I've never tried to "hide" from the wonderful people who make up the GUITAR PLAYER community.

So if you're pissed off about something, mad at me, want to suggest articles or other content, or just want to let me know what's going on with some cool artists or gear, PLEASE email me if I don't respond to a forum post.

Okay, the dickhead is gonna stop blathering and get back to NAMM.

Thanks for caring so much about the community to post here.

Sincerely,
Editor Boy/Michael Molenda

#2748865 - 01/22/16 10:07 AM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Editor Boy]
Fred_C Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: PA
@Editorboy,

Historically, attempts to "reach you with a simple email" have proven ineffectual.

#2748938 - 01/22/16 02:24 PM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Editor Boy]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Editor Boy
Dear Larry and Fred...

Useless dickhead here smile

I apologize for not checking the forum much at all. A bad move, certainly, but we've been very busy expanding our website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram initiatives for both community and business reasons, and, as a result, all of the MPN Forums (GP, BASS PLAYER, KEYBOARD, EQ/EM) have suffered from a lack of staff editor involvement. Happily, we have awesome moderators on the forums, and the forum members are obviously fantastic at monitoring things themselves.

We did hear everyone loud and clear when the parent company shut down the forums, and, credit to my bosses, they realized the error and reinitiated the forums super fast. We still need to figure out the business model as I mentioned in my forum post but, for now, all will be as it was.

I can't promise that I will have the time to regularly visit the GP Forum, but since 1990 when I became editor of GP, it has always been easy to reach me with a simple email to mmolenda@musicplayer.com. I absolutely try to answer everyone when I can, and I've never tried to "hide" from the wonderful people who make up the GUITAR PLAYER community.

So if you're pissed off about something, mad at me, want to suggest articles or other content, or just want to let me know what's going on with some cool artists or gear, PLEASE email me if I don't respond to a forum post.

Okay, the dickhead is gonna stop blathering and get back to NAMM.

Thanks for caring so much about the community to post here.

Sincerely,
Editor Boy/Michael Molenda

Dear Michael, Please do not include me in the "dickhead" comments as I would never use the term to describe you. I have way more respect for you (and all others) than to make that type of comment. I'm sure Fred was speaking out of frustration, he is usually the perfect gentleman.

My comments are geared toward the amount of readership that the closing of the forum seems to ignore. My only desire is to make these forums a place where everyone enjoys their time on board. I do understand that you are a very busy man and visiting this forum to let us know you're out there may be too time consuming. I appreciate all the work our moderators do and have nothing but respect for them as well. Thank you for getting back in touch and I appreciate all of your efforts to review the forums to see if they can be kept on-line for us.

If not, it has been great meeting all of the guys and gals over the years on the guitar forum. I will truly miss them but will understand if it has to be shut down from a business perspective.

Thank you again, and you deserve all of our respect.

Larryz twothumbs

#2759017 - 02/24/16 05:32 PM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Larryz]
Editor Boy Moderator Offline

Loc: San Mateo,CA,UNITED STATES
Are we all good with the forums at the moment?

Any current requests?

Just trying to patrol, monitor, and keep everyone happy.

All the Best,
Mike

#2759323 - 02/25/16 09:35 PM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Editor Boy]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Editor Boy
Are we all good with the forums at the moment?

I know all of us on the Guitar, Bass and Keyboard forums are very happy that we are all up and running again! Thanks for all of your help in making that happen...

Any current requests?

Yes, please do everything you can to keep us on-line. We have another site up and running should the forums have to be closed in the future due to business and security reasons. But, none of us ever want to see that happen. We are all a band of brothers and sisters with a ton of history. We are family!

Just trying to patrol, monitor, and keep everyone happy.

Mike

Thanks Michael! twothumbs

Edited by Larryz (02/25/16 09:38 PM)

#2761245 - 03/04/16 04:06 AM Re: Hey Editor Boy [Re: Larryz]
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Jackson Heights, NY
Patrolling me?? MONITORING ME?? IN ORDER TO KEEP ME HAPPY???

Seriously, God bless, glad to have the forum up and running.