Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cool new effects

might wanna check some of these out. Not effects pedals, but definitely affecting your playing: http://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/1012/the-10-coolest-guitar-gear-innovations-of-2015/55619

this one's my fave:

[video:youtube]

That's cool. I particularly like the Triller and the Wond:

________ [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LbNtC4AYA

________ [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk2iYzAPX_E

________

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Effect wise I can say that I have not seen anything released after 2013 that I would actually want to spend money for.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 2 weeks later...

Cool; I look forward to finding out whatever it is. I like Strymon.

Speaking of not-a-pedal but a cool effect, for sure:

_______ TheGigRig AutoPot - MIDI Programmable Knob Turner

________ [video:youtube]

________

Earthquaker Devices is in yer hedz, buildin' yer dream-toanz:

http://earthquakerdevices.com/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/62578/New-for-NAMM-2016

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Earthquaker Devices is in yer hedz, buildin' yer dream-toanz:

http://earthquakerdevices.com/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/62578/New-for-NAMM-2016

The Night Wire Dynamic Harmonic Tremolo and the Spatial Delivery Envelope Filter with Sample & Hold both look quite interesting... :cool:

______ [video:youtube]

Also from NAMM...Eventide is rolling out a pedal called SpaceTime:

...as does the Eventide SpaceTime... :cool:

Cool. The more tools, the freer and more empowered the creative imagination...

That could be cool if used for other styles, such as, say, more aggressive slightly proggy metal, if you will... 'Zan? Griff? Lokair? BiC? (Who'd I leave out?) Whatcha think?

My now-old DigiTech GNX4 does some similar things if a mic is connected to it's XLR mic input. DigiTech also had a similar enough pedal or two on the market.

"Live" (not necessarily performing onstage), I've found mic-interface "vocoder" devices for guitar to be less satisfying if the overall volume levels weren't a fair bit louder than my un-assisted voice; otherwise, it can be weird and distracting to hear your own voice competing with the effected guitar sound. If recording or just playing, full-sized closed-back headphones can help in such a scenario.

Electro Harmonix is back with a couple of Leslie simulators:

That Lester G sounds pretty good in the video; particularly its growly, gurgly overdrive.

It's got some stiff competition in the not-so-new Boss RT-20, though, which can be had brand-new for a little less...

Holy crap, Strymon's previewing a beast: http://www.strymon.net/products/generalissimo/

...it seems to be aimed at the modular-synth crowd, but I can see mad applications for us guitarists.

I see no mention of maximum delay time in their specs. I think that's a rather crucially important parameter.

I would imagine that it's got to be at least on a par with some of their El Capistan's Modes and functions (note that these reflect the typical times of the mechanical/magnetic tape-echo machines that they're digitally emulating):

El Capistan

Fixed Head A: 50ms - 250ms

Fixed Head B: 150ms - 750ms

Fixed Head C: 300ms - 1.5s

Multi Head A: 240ms - 1.2s (heads 1 & 2 selected)

Multi Head B: 240ms - 1.2s (heads 2 & 3 selected)

Multi Head C: 240ms - 1.2s (heads 1 & 3 selected)

Single Head A: 25ms - 770ms

Single Head B: 50ms - 1.5s

Single Head C (Sound On Sound): TIME knob left of 12 oclock (double speed): max delay time

Single Head C (Sound On Sound): 10s

Single Head C (Sound On Sound): TIME knob right of 12 oclock (normal speed): max delay time

Single Head C (Sound On Sound): 20s

Guitar Player magazine's e-newsletter heralds 12 New Must-Have Effects Pedals for 2016 in a three 'page article. (There's some sketchy writing here and there, begging the question, do the Editors nee editors... ? C'mon, guys... :rolleyes: )

There are some RRREEEAALLLY COOL stomps here! :cool: At least a couple that I do in fact think are "must-haves" that I will have to get for myself! See if you can which two or three would be the ones that I'd want; and tell us what ones catch your interest... :2thu:

__

I saw that- some nifty stuff.

Still, one of the things I found most interesting was the lighting system on the Casper. LEDs under the knobs that reflect down onto the pedals to light their settings and not much else. Could be a good idea for the gigging musician.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

I saw that- some nifty stuff.

Still, one of the things I found most interesting was the lighting system on the Casper. LEDs under the knobs that reflect down onto the pedals to light their settings and not much else. Could be a good idea for the gigging musician.

Aw, c'mon, yer not gonna play my guessing and picking-favorites game? ;):D

The Casper's ghost-lights were kinda cool, though I wasn't sure where the light was coming from- I wondered if the case had a translucent panel with the LED's inside and underneath... ? You're probably right, though.

Well...wasn't it you who mentioned the EQD Bows as one you liked a few pages ago?

Besides that...the Keeley looked like a great deal, and I thought that Aspen Pittman device was pretty cool, too.

So I'll go with those 3 as the ones that caught your eye.

I liked the Keeley and Aspen Pittman myself, TBH. :)

Well...wasn't it you who mentioned the EQD Bows as one you liked a few pages ago?

Besides that...the Keeley looked like a great deal, and I thought that Aspen Pittman device was pretty cool, too.

So I'll go with those 3 as the ones that caught your eye.

I liked the Keeley and Aspen Pittman myself, TBH. :)

All three of those do look to be pretty interesting! And various combinations of them, two or even all three at a time, particularly with the EQD Bows first in line, might prove to be pretty damn cool, indeed.

Frankly, I thought the Casper's demo-videos were rather ho-hum. To be fair, though, it might be a lot more betterer li- ehr, ghostly and in person, with a few control-tweaks.

However, it was the Alexander Pedals La Calavera Phaser that really gave me a sonic SHO ( ;) ), and the Boss Waza Craft VB-2W also appeals to me; I am sure that I'd greatly enjoy both pedals and expect that I'll buy each of them, especially and starting with the La Calavera Phaser.

Hungry Robot's The Wash ambient delay/reverb/wash pedal sure catches my interest, as well, but they didn't have any video or audio... I'd sure like to give one a test-drive!

Strymon puts their Eurorack Generalissimo through its paces:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/01/25/strymon-generalissimo-euro-tape-echo-hands-on-demo/

Kev likes! :cool:

__ Large photo of the Generalissimo prototype

________

there's a website called PedalsAndEffects.com

they have a Youtube channel.

on their channel, you can watch NIN keyboardist demonstrate a Retro Mechanical labs' Electron Fuzz.

here's a cute pic. lookit its widdle face!

http://effectsfreak.com/media/product_photo/ae7c2a1f602586c13707d28e79d02e85.png

This looks cool- the new DigiTech Trio +, effectively an upgraded, expanded, improved Trio "Band Creator" auto bass & drums combined with a Jamman Looper, in one pedal. Looks like a lot of fun, though I can't help but wonder if the available loop times would be enough for some things.

Yeah, I came up with the idea of combining the Trio with my looper as I already have the looper. The Trio+ is a very cool pedal but from the demos I have watched, it would be one that would require a lot of bending over to work the knobs and switching, etc. I would mount it on a music stand and work it while sitting or standing. I could still write and save on the Trio+ and then offload it to my Digitech looper that will hold 99 complete songs...

I'm thinking of creating my jam tracks, etc., to include bass, drums, and a ton of real instruments on my computer using Band In A Box 2016 software. Then off load it to patches on my looper. And bypass the Trio+. The Trio+ is a definite improvement over the 1st Trio. :cool:

Take care, Larryz

The Trio+ is a very cool pedal but from the demos I have watched, it would be one that would require a lot of bending over to work the knobs and switching, etc. I would mount it on a music stand and work it while sitting or standing.

Connecting DigiTech's FS36 footswitch would reduce and simplify a lot of that, though certainly not all of it...

Hehhehhehh... this one's nice... :thu::cool:

<---long demo, but worth it! Yeah, I have the switch which works very well with the looper and you can use the same one with the Digitec Trio. It's great for starting/stopping and moving to the next patch or cruzing through the some of the Trio settings. But the Trio+ does so many things, it will leave the switch in the dust LOL! It may save a little bending over but the + is going to be so much fun you won't be able to keep your hands off of it...the Trio+, the Trio and the Digitech looper are all great practice and writing tools. And now you can save on not having to buy the looper :cool:

ps.

<---shorter demo.
Take care, Larryz

• 3 weeks later...
Just brought to my attention:

Also, this:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBdaxyHIp4c&sns=em

Interesting. For me, particularly the DBA Interstellar Overdriver Deluxe- seems like a lot of sounds in that box. Though I think there are other, simpler, less expensive pedals that would gain me many of the sounds that I like in the DBA IOD...

I'll tell you what, feeding echo into tremolo, or into reverb and tremolo, will give you some cool, pulsing sounds not unlike some of what that Twin Stags dual tremolo pedal has to offer. I do that with my El Capistan and Flint, often timing the echoes to sub-divide the rate of the tremolo. That's one of my favorite sounds!

The Twin Stags struck me as one of those that does a LOT of things that can be done with 2 good discrete pedals* (which is why I probably won't buy one- those bases are covered).

BUT it is all in one housing, so it is more efficient on a daily usage basis (3 fewer cables to deal with), and there's some additional tricks up its sleeve. So it could be great for a board running short on space.

Much the same could probably be said of the DBA IODD, but I think DOD fuzzes sound a bit different from many, more mainstream fuzz pedals, so it's more likely I'll purchase one.

* and to be clear, I have several "double" or "triple" pedals: Visual Sounds H20 and Jekyll & Hyde; the Black Arts Toneworks Sarcophagus; a Red Witch Titan delay; EHX's Epitome and so forth.