Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

In search of aDAW!!

I'm running Digi001 on a G4 dual 500. I love PT but it doesn't support dual processors so my plug-in count isn't close to what it should be,(especially using Bombfactory). Logic is ok, but being a guitar player and trying to record parts post processed is whacked (For instants Distortion ). I've tried Digital Performer , but experienced to much latency with the 001, even with the compensation tools in DP. I use mostly audio tracks and about 10 midi tracks per session. ANY IDEAS??? Thanks Remedy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posting this request 5 times wont get you the answer any quicker.I use Nuendo for the PC which supports dual processors in Windows 2000,now that Nuendo is on the Mac Platform you might want to check into it,you won't find this app wanting for much of anything,of course Cubase 5 supports dual processors as well and has a bit more midi features/editing,but I think that Nuendo was much better thought out and much more elegant.I haven't had the chance to use the surround mixer/features much but with the recent release of Dvd burners it's just a matter of waiting for the price to come down.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by Trash Monkey: [b]DP 3.0 DOES support dual processor. I'm still running 2.7 and finished up a Progressive House project last weekend and got 14 Everbs, 8 delays, 3 flanges and a few trim plugs as well as MW limiter on the master. This was on 30 tracks and I'm still on a G4/450 Sawtooth[/b][/quote] Unbelievable! You may be better off staying with 2.7 because my new 867 can barely do this on 3.0 The 3.0 eVerbs take up maybe 5% each. That means 14 * 5 = 70% CPU usage just on verbs.

Hey Cereal, Don't get me wrong, the processor meter was pegged to hell, just lucky I didn't crash but the bounce went smooth. And you're correct in my own tests I've found that Everbs eat up about 5% each. Normally I aux in heavy hitters but said client wanted different settings on all the affected tracks...??? House is probably one of the only styles that you can get away with it and not sound washed. Also on the original post mentioned latency, as much as its talked about in DAW circles I have always been able to work around it with buffer settings. Another thing do you keep your memory cache at the lowest setting of 128? This seems to help performance. Still waiting for 3.0.......

Archived