Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2686299 - 05/08/15 06:56 AM BB King
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Jackson Heights, NY
I hear B.B. King is in a hospice and may not be with us much longer. I hope he gets well soon.
Whenever he DOES pass on, though, I hope you guys will give him a special issue or at least a cover story - I can't think of anyone more deserving for lots of reasons.

#2686385 - 05/08/15 11:34 AM Re: BB King [Re: Eric Iverson]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: Eric Iverson
I hear B.B. King is in a hospice and may not be with us much longer. I hope he gets well soon.
Whenever he DOES pass on, though, I hope you guys will give him a special issue or at least a cover story - I can't think of anyone more deserving for lots of reasons.

MUCH AGREED. B.B.'s right up there with ANYONE as far as influence and increased popularity of guitars and guitar-music go.

Reminds me of the fact that my first copy of Guitar Player was the August '83 issue with Muddy Waters and Johnny Winter on the cover, in the wake of Muddy's passing... Great issue, if a sad milestone, with many excellent articles and features related to Muddy and Johnny. cool

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2689527 - 05/20/15 05:22 AM Re: BB King [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Actually, I seem to remember a special B. B. King issue many years ago. Not betting the farm on it... LOL

#2720923 - 09/15/15 05:49 AM Re: BB King [Re: Eric Iverson]
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I just got the BB King memorial issue of GP,and wanted to thank you guys for doing a really good job on it, just like you did for Chet Atkins and George Harrison.
Not sure if it was the same crew, but it WAS the same magazine, LOL.
I'm glad that there are some people who appreciate these great artists, from a MUSICIAN'S viewpoint - not just the usual media BS maximus, most of which is not fit for human consumption.........