Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2684769 - 05/02/15 01:08 PM Nasty speaker buzz- repairable?
grandstaff Offline

I hope this is the right forum for this-- One of my PA speakers generates a nasty buzz on certain notes from my piano. It's very pronounced on C1 and G1, and a little less on G2. It's just on the one speaker. I did all the usual fiddling to eliminate the obvious, like trying different cables, different settings on the mixer, different piano voices, different inputs, you know the drill. The speaker is under warranty, but I am a long way from any service centers. Has anyone experienced this, and do you think I could open up the speaker and find the problem and fix it? Maybe just a loose connector or screw or something?

My setup:
2 Behringer Eurolive B215XL speakers
Yamaha EMX 512sc powered mixer
Casio Privia PX350

#2684800 - 05/02/15 06:16 PM Re: Nasty speaker buzz- repairable? [Re: grandstaff]
grandstaff Offline

And behold, the healing power of posting questions online-- it was a loose knob on the speaker stand. * sigh of relief *

#2684827 - 05/03/15 05:14 AM Re: Nasty speaker buzz- repairable? [Re: grandstaff]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Glad you figured it out.

You might want to join us at The Keyboard Corner.

#2685810 - 05/06/15 03:06 PM Re: Nasty speaker buzz- repairable? [Re: Joe Muscara]
grandstaff Offline

Thank you Joe. I'm a longtime lurker. Might have something to say there one of these days smile

Moderator:  Jeff Klopmeyer