Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I bought a Mini Vent and Radial Pro DI.

The Vent breathed new life into my NE2, though I haven't used it in a group setting yet. The DI I bought because of a close call with a sound man issue I wanted to avoid going forward.

The unforeseen benefit that thrilled me was that I could take the noisy 1/4" out of my Hammond M3 into the DI then into the Vent into my powered speaker and - WHAM! - great, clean, loud, Hammond tone. It's great! :thu:

Can't remember if it was the Casio XW-P1 or the Roland VR-09 but both were bought within a month of each other. Eventually, one of them will replace my old Yamaha YPG-235 DP that I use as a rompler. Right now I'm leaning towards the Roland but part of that is because it will sit below the GAIA I'm using as my synth. Either one would work as a stand in for my Hammond XK-1c if something went wrong with it at a gig, but I think the VR-09 would be a tad better for this situation because of the Leslie sim. Other than that, pretty close with the other sounds.

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Been a busy last couple of weeks for me. Picked up a Roland Integra 7 and a Numa Compact piano. As well as the usb dongle thing needed to run Halion sonic 2. Which I will try before I buy. Integra 7 came with the A49 controller in the package deal.

At first I was thinking about returning the Integra 7 because the editor is terrible and it didn't work as I thought it would in regards to the AU plugin feature. I ended up building a mainstage template that overcame these issues and now I can't stop playing it. I think it has almost every sound roland ever made.

Haven't had a chance to get into the numa compact yet. Maybe tonight

Upgraded SampleTank 2XL to SampleTank 3 and Arturia V-Collection 3 to V4. Have them both installed but haven't had much time to enjoy them with school going on. Before that I swapped my Kronos 61 for a Kronos 88 with a fellow forum member back before Christmas. Still have a Korg M3 for sale with RADIAS board and expanded sample memory. PM me if interested. Daddy needs a new toy!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

SS3 , MGX06 6 channel yammie mixer to go with it , oh, and an Oberheim Matrix 6 I couldn't pass up locally. What a juicy sound from the OB.....

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Recent notable purchases:

1980 Fender Stratocaster (no modifications in original hard case) :thu:

1976 Arp String Ensemble (fully functional, bought 2 replacement keys for broken ones). Will post pics when I replace the keys.

:nopity:

Last keyboard was my Rhodes. :cool:

Last musical gear purchase was an MXR Analog Chorus pedal for my Mopho.

Last albums purchased were Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" and John Stetch's "Off With The Cuffs".

Last purchase was a bottle of Coca-Cola.

I have to correct this, I picked up an 80's Ibanez FLL Flanger tonight for the Rhodes. I emailed the guy at 5, picked it up at 11 and paid a cool $40 for it. :cool:

Waves API 2500. Pretty good buss compressor.

http://www.waves.com/1lib/images/products/plugins/preview/api-2500.png

edit:

Actually, no. My last music-related purchases were 48 batts of Roxul Safe'N'Sound, assorted lumber, fabric and construction materials for my home studio. And a pair of IsoAcoustic speaker stands.

In the effort to lighten up, over the last 9 or 10 months I purchased the following:

Yamaha MOX8 to replace the S90 XS. Didn't like the MOX8 for gigging. Lacking in polyphony; sounded too "thin". Back to giging with the XS. MOX8 is great for shlepping up 3 flights to rehearsals.

QSC K12 to replace a QSC powered stereo mini PA I was using as stage monitor. That works OK except I often get some ground issues I suspect from house wiring or lighting. Unit is quiet in home studio.

Using the Vent and an EQ with the K12. Yesterday I bought a Gator rack case with shelf to contain those and the associated wire nest.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

Not using it live (not sure I'd be comfortable playing a gig with it) - just using it for home recording, doodling in the car etc so it usually lies flat or perched up in one of those folding wallet things.
Nord Electro 4D, Roland VR09, Roland RD-300SX

Let's see....

Got the SK-2 at Christmas

Got a couple cases for my stands

Got a new wheeled duffel as a cord case.

Got the Hammond cable to run the SK-2 through the Vent, and the extra voices straight to the amp.

The Case for the SK-2 to be delivered today.

2 Hammond t-shirts and a Hammond cap.

Thinking about getting a fold-up garden cart to transport the gear to-and-from the car.

Everything else has been Golf related

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

I'm revamping almost my entire keyboard rig this year. So far I've purchased:

Quick-Lok Z726L double-tier Z-stand

Onstage KT7800 Plus bench

Kawai MP7 stage piano

Yamaha MG06 mixer

Next up is replacing my Yamaha Stagepas 300 speakers with either a pair of EV ZXA1-90's or a CPS Spacestation speaker.

'57 Hammond B-3, '60 Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Leslie 330, Leslie 770, Leslie 145, Hammond PR-40

Trek II UC-1A

Alesis QSR

Was very tempted to get one of those. Is it pretty portable? Does it fit in a back pack?

The iRig Keys Pro is very portable, especially because it is extremely lightweight and doesn't need an AC power source.

In terms of fitting into a backpack, probably not, unless it was a BIG backpack, or you didn't mind it sticking out of the top. The keyboard is about 2' long/tall.

If you're looking for something smaller, there is the original iRig Keys, but it has mini-keys instead of full-size keys.

One potential downside is that the iRig Keys Pro doesn't take batteries, or even have an AC connection, so it always has to be powered via USB or the iPad/iPhone itself. And when the iRig is plugged into an iPad, it draws power from the iPad, and the iPad itself can't be plugged into an outlet. This means that you can only use the keyboard with an iPad or iPhone to the extent that the i-device has the internal juice to power it. This isn't an issue for me, but anyone looking to gig with it would want to find out how long their iPad could power the iRig before needing to be recharged. I should plug mine in and see for myself.

But the iRig can also be used with a laptop, or other computer as well, which is handy. I am using mine as a compact keyboard for my desk when working with software instruments. The action is decent and it is nice not having to deal with an AC cord when moving it around the house. 37 keys is a reasonable compromise between 25 keys (which is too small for my practical use) and 49 keys (which is too big for my desk).

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

Alto Professional TS110A 10" 600 Watt powered Speaker. Sounds great! Of course, right after I bought it, I started getting interested in the Space Station amp.. However after a redesign of my Stone's band's practice room sound system, I can't hear myself very well anymore using my old POS Alesis Sumo100 for my monitor. I expect the new Alto to solve that problem.....and sound a lot better.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com