Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I bought a bubble machine.

Seriously or are you making fun of mine? :)

Scott, I might have to jump on your train. I've always dug your Stitch bubble machine. If I find one, I'm gonna buy it. I'll let you know if I do.

:) He is pretty cool. They are tough to find, even online. There's a bunch of Disney outlets around Orlando and we always pop into them when we're out looking for treasures - if I find one I'll grab it for you. If you end up not wanting it, I can always use a back-up.

It's just so easy to hate when comparing it to other keyboards and modules, for me. I've only been using it for presets, because it's basically being used for orchestral keys at the moment. But when it comes to ease of use, and sound for that matter, I just find my ancient modules do an all-round better job.

It's just so easy to hate when comparing it to other keyboards and modules, for me. I've only been using it for presets, because it's basically being used for orchestral keys at the moment. But when it comes to ease of use, and sound for that matter, I just find my ancient modules do an all-round better job.

What I can't stand with computers is the latency--a major PITA when playing live.

I'm thinking about going the route of a couple keyboards and a rack of modules instead of using a computer live. I love my K2000's Quick Access mode. Makes it very easy to go between my most commonly used presets in a live setting. I just need to get a good sound module that can handle bank and program changes. Apparently, My TR-Rack can handle program changes, but not bank changes.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Just today I ordered a third-party 9v power supply to replace the one I have misplaced for my AX-Synth. (Cue the Keytar jokes.) I also ordered a 20 foot extension for the DC side.

I had gone to the nearest existing Radio Shack to get an adapter, but the transformer cost $20, plus $7 for the right connecter, whose size I was required to guess. Such pricing and inconvenience do not encourage me to do business with them. $7 with Amazon gets me a 9v 1W transformer, $10 a 20-foot extension, still $10 less than buying the two parts from RS. Madness.

Same transaction (Amazon) I ordered a 10' TRS cable which I shall unceremoniously cut in two to repair my 20-year old Ensoniq CV pedal.

I also called my best friend, in another city, and sent him on a mission to pick up a used Acoustic B15 bass amp for me. 50 bucks, 15 nominal watts, and a whole 10" woofer, hopefully should be right for playing AX-synth bass guitar at local acoustic (lower case) jam sessions and sing-alongs.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Last keyboard purchase: Arturia MicroBrute, fun little monosynth that a friend was selling for a steal.

Last musical hardware: K&M iPad holder mic stand attachement.

Last musical software: Midimux/Audiomux, allows MIDI and audio transfer between computers and iPad over the charging cable. Pretty awesome!

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Last few things in the last few months...

USB / MIDI interface

MIDI spitter - why doesn't gear have real THRUs anymore??

Sennheiser G3 in-ear system and some nice (Nord Red) custom 4-driver earphones - freakin expensive and still waiting after 6 weeks

Many many AA batteries - rechargeables, but currently need 16 at any one time!)

A Casio and a cheap stand. It's sooo light and feels great!

Don't flame me for this, but a Pedal Train mini pedal board, a Harley Benton power supply, a Way Huge Echo Puss delay, a TC Electronic Polytune, and a Rockbox Baby Blues overdrive pedal. All ordered online yesterday.

Needed a smaller pedal board for a new guitar teaching gig I picked up. I will add a chorus pedal that I had lying around, and I'm good to go.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

I redid my entire rig last year, 3 new keyboards, stands, and an SS3 amp. The latest thing I got was the SS3, back in December. I probably won't buy much, if anything this year. I'm still gassing somewhat for a Jupiter 50/80, and I'm also enjoying the Kronos threads, thinking a Kronos 61 would make a nice compliment to my Fa08 in lieu of the SK1.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Last keyboard - Yamaha CP4. Played its first two gigs this weekend. Went pretty well except for accidentally bumping the EQ and thundering the stage with boogie-woogie bass for half a song. The stage had four QSC subs under it. I thought the bass player had suddenly turned arsehole.

Last hardware - Samson short mic stand with a telescopic boom. Just what the doctor ordered for lower Leslie rotors.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

^^ So - was it the Portland microwave or the yellow handtruck??? :drool:

Kawai KG-2D / Yamaha CP33 S90ES MX49 CP4 P515 / Hammond SK1 / NS3 88 / NS3Compact

QSC K8.2s K10.2s KSubs / SoundcraftUi24 / SSv3 / GK MB112 MB115 MB210 Neo410

Just got a new Quiklok QL-642 two-tier double-x stand to replace the falling-apart x-stand I have been using for a long time mostly for rehearsals and some gigs (most I use my Spider Pro). $82 at B&H Photo vs. $129 at Sam Ash, I asked them and they couldn't match it. Really like the new one, seems very solid.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Will also get one of these within the next week or so. Borrowed our old bassist's for a set just to try it out and I loved it. It's for guitars, but sits at the perfect height for me.

http://www.cliffordessex.net/images/uploads/Guitar/Guitar%20Stool%20Stand.jpg

It looks like it was designed for some sort of painful 19th century medical procedure.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

^^ So - was it the Portland microwave or the yellow handtruck??? :drool:

LOL. Funny thing is that little handtruck has been so helpful. The microwave is long gone.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I bought my personal tour bus and retirement home!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/spacenorman/Our%20Motor%20Home/P1018052_zpszqgl9o0f.jpg

My parents bought one when they retired. Drove it through 49 states plus D.C. Not quite as nice as this one, but durable. They hit a moose in Alaska and were able to drive it back home afterwards.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

They hit a moose in Alaska and were able to drive it back home afterwards.

I'll bet that moose was tired after all that driving. :facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo