Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I'll start this one. I just acquired a K2000 for $300. She sounds awesome! Ain't exactly bad lookin' either!

Your turn.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/justinhavu/31d67349-c5db-4a06-a7fe-50e4a5efe630.jpg

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

We just talking keyboards? Last keyboard purchase was a Kronos 61 a few years ago when they first came out,

My most recent music related purchase was a Radial ProD2 and a Boss tuner pedal.....for gigs subbing in on keys and guitar so I don't have to drag out my rack.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Last purchase was a bottle of Coca-Cola.

Actually, I just bought a 12-pack of Coca-Cola.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Picked up a quick release adaptor for my Rode mic clip, because I was tired of them getting damaged, at $15+ per clip:

http://i.imgur.com/32k2w8P.png

Now I don't know how I ever did without it.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

I got some gaffer tape. A couple 1/4" connectors.

A 6ft mic cable. Some cleaner for my in-ear monitors.

Some mixer board tape to mark my two FC7s.

Finally, the Ashby FC7 adapter for use with my FA-08 (once I get the replacement)

:)

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

A faulty sustain pedal which I need to return tomorrow.

Will likely pick up a few velcro coils or something similar to make my own mini-snake too. Ever since throwing the MG06 into my rig the area behind my setup has turned into spaghetti junction.

Will also get one of these within the next week or so. Borrowed our old bassist's for a set just to try it out and I loved it. It's for guitars, but sits at the perfect height for me.

http://www.cliffordessex.net/images/uploads/Guitar/Guitar%20Stool%20Stand.jpg

EDIT: Also getting a free Roland XP80 this week from my wife's old boss. Happy days.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

32 Lives,

and to avoid dehydration while practising:

Slab (24) Lowenbrau, and

Case of Villa Maria Sauv Blanc - just to keep Brett's Kiwi $ from collapsing.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

I bought a bubble machine.

Seriously or are you making fun of mine? :)

No I bought a Chauvet. But it does not put out as massive bubble output as my old one. My avatar is a product of my old bubble machine Cool but it makes a mess.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

No I bought a Chauvet. But it does not put out as massive bubble output as my old one. My avatar is a product of my old bubble machine Cool but it makes a mess.

HAHA! I just posted this on my FB today so I thought maybe you saw and was winding me up. Well then - we are bubble brothers! :cheers:

[video:youtube]

- New laptop for the studio: Lenovo ThinkPad W540

I remember you talking about a new laptop a while back. How do you like it?

Thanks for asking. Once I settled the Mac/PC thing, the decision itself was pretty easy.

As with any computer, integrating took a little bit of work, but it all works great now. It's got a 4-core i7 and a 7200RPM hard drive (no SSD yet - maybe in the coming months), so it handles everything very well. The old laptop really coughed and sputtered with VSTs and ASIO drivers, so this is a real pleasure. I use a Steinberg UR22 interface, and it all sounds great. I'm very happy with the choice.

I think I mentioned this before, but my priorities were speed, I/O and screen size. It never leaves the studio, so weight and portability are not a concern. Being in the "workstation replacement" category of laptops, it relatively large compared to the newer stuff, but I like the 15" display. I also drive a 22" external monitor to extend the work area.

I got an employee discount on it, but I wouldn't call it the deal of a lifetime. It was less expensive than a lower spec'd more portable laptop. I plan to use it a pretty long time (like I did with the last one), so the cost over the long haul will be justified.

I forgot to mention that I also got a ZOOM R16 as a Christmas gift. It's a great tool for recording the live band rehearsals and performances.

Scott, I might have to jump on your train. I've always dug your Stitch bubble machine. If I find one, I'm gonna buy it. I'll let you know if I do.

:nopity: