Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >
Topic Options
#2895032 - 12/10/17 09:18 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Husker]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
Originally Posted By: Husker
Got a little Christmas bonus, and ended up getting an Integra.

nice set up. thu

Quite simply - If you can't play Jump on it, you don't want it.
MojoGuyPan

The Voyager is a Minimoog.
Bob Moog

KC Island
#2895095 - 12/11/17 08:16 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: davedoerfler]
cphollis Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Massachussets, Florida
Nord Stage 3 Compact. Blog post here if interested.

Keys: NP2, NS3C, NE4D, DeepMind-12
Home: Bosie 200, Yam AG N3
Amps: FA 12acs, RCF TT08as, QSC Ks, SSv3
Stuff: Stay stands, Key Largo, Vent II, X-Air 16

#2895098 - 12/11/17 08:35 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Husker]
vonnor Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Centreville, VA USA
Originally Posted By: Husker
Got a little Christmas bonus, and ended up getting an Integra...

Is it bad that I'm more impressed by the fact that the FA fits perfectly on that shelf than I am with the Integra? razz

~ vonnor

#2895171 - 12/11/17 12:42 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: vonnor]
Husker Offline

Loc: Alabama
Not at all. I did a ton of research before I ended up with that desk....

#2895234 - 12/11/17 05:01 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Husker]
Mr. Nightime Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Melbourne, FL
My latest purchase was a pair of Mackie Thump 12. I decided to go stereo again, and those work perfectly for that.

I still use my QSC K10, but as a bass amp. I play left hand bass with my current band, and will run the bass through the QSC so it comes from its own source.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

#2895719 - 12/13/17 03:10 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Mr. Nightime]
Dockeys Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Just swapped my Yamaha MOXF8 for a CP4. Bit late to the cp4 party but I really like it. Finally a gigging board with nice action and portable (ish).

#2895727 - 12/13/17 03:31 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Dockeys]
davedoerfler Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Dockeys,
CP4, Sk2, FA07, you have got all the bases covered. thu

MojoGuyPan

Bob Moog

#2895817 - 12/13/17 10:50 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Husker]
wcsound Offline

A new Roland VR-730 arrived last Friday that I was hoping would work for a lightweight 'take to practice' rig and 'something different' for a change. Did a lot of listening online and VR-09 review reading but it was still a big guess, and looks like after a T-3, Triton, M-3 and Kronos I can no longer change religions.

Isn't registered, will be returning or offering it here.

#2895820 - 12/13/17 11:57 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: wcsound]
shambler Offline

I grabbed Cubase 9.5 Pro AND Studio One in the sales.

Because SONAR frown

#2895850 - 12/14/17 05:09 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: davedoerfler]
Dockeys Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted By: davedoerfler
Dockeys,
CP4, Sk2, FA07, you have got all the bases covered. thu

Sure do Dave, though I’m still on the fence with the FA07. Pretty deep board but a lot of what i do with it involves compromises or workarounds that, over time becoming a little annoying. Plus playing piano on the FA07 keys isnt the most inspiring..still gonna hang onto it for a while longer and see what it can really do.

#2896032 - 12/14/17 11:22 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Dockeys]
ProfD Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Wash DC Area
I just picked up an Elektron Digitakt drum computer/sampler. It's a very cool little box. thucool

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

#2896186 - 12/15/17 05:31 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: ProfD]
davedoerfler Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: ProfD
I just picked up an Elektron Digitakt drum computer/sampler. It's a very cool little box. thucool

dedicated cowbell pad. friggin' awsome. twothumbs

MojoGuyPan

Bob Moog

#2896199 - 12/15/17 07:02 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: davedoerfler]
ProfD Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: davedoerfler
Originally Posted By: ProfD

dedicated cowbell pad. friggin' awsome. twothumbs

Right. grin

But, to be fair, any sample can be loaded into that slot. I might cue up digital native dance. laughcool

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

#2896208 - 12/15/17 08:51 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: davedoerfler]
Bucktunes Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Quincy, Illinois,UNITED STATES
This beauty... cool

Minimoog Model D

#2898183 - 12/27/17 10:39 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Bucktunes]
MorayM Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Wilts, UK
It's MIDI controller central in my house at the moment. Had a Touché (the weird wobbly slab thing) arrive last week and a TEControl breath controller arrive today. Both are excellent!

The Touché is going to take a bit of getting used to but the bundled sounds for UVI Workstation are very good and show it off well. Bought it mostly to use with the Sub 37 (every knob on the front panel is mapped to CC) but will probably use it a lot in the box too.

Only just hooked the BC up to the PC3K8 but so far it's excellent. None of the factory programs are set up to use it but it's pretty simple to get it working nicely with the orchestral horns and flutes. Next up I want to get stuck into the Kore64 trumpet patches but they're going to take a bit longer!

#2904441 - 01/24/18 11:33 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Husker]
Michael Wright Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

#2904496 - 01/24/18 04:00 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Michael Wright]
Adan Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco
Roland JX-03 boutique synth. Sounds great, impressive quality for 3 bills, perfect for traveling, even more packable than a Reface. No idea yet how I'm going to use it in a rig but I'll figure something out.

roccoromanucci.com

#2904524 - 01/24/18 07:36 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Adan]
Sundown Offline
Gold Member

Loc: UNITED STATES
I got Trilian and Steinberg's Groove Agent 4 for Christmas. I haven't dug too far into Groove Agent yet, but I do enjoy Trilian (particularly the synth bass sounds).

Just Finished: Condensation; Two Button Press
Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Fishing in Kingsbury
Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361
DAW Platform: Cubase

#2904533 - 01/24/18 08:07 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Sundown]
Music*aL Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: SoCal
NS3HP76. Clearing out some older stuff!!

http://oldmoneyjim.com/

http://soundcloud.com/six30jam

http://www.youtube.com/six30jam

#2908723 - 02/11/18 10:40 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: Music*aL]
CEB Offline
10k Club

The amp I ordered a couple of months ago arrived this week. I turned out well. I like it. This should be my last amp...... I'm starting to get too old for this.

Edited by CEB (02/11/18 10:48 AM)

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!
So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

#2908839 - 02/11/18 08:02 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: CEB]
LX88 Offline
Platinum Member

Viscount / Key B Legend Solo.

Still can't say enough about it. The number one difference for me vs. all other clones is the addition of the percussion volume and decay knob.

I find myself making subtle changes on these adjustments - as if it was an additional a drawbar. A lot of times I feel different about how much percussion and decay I need from moment to moment. Not having it " fixed " is hugely important to me.

Also - I think the C/V is excellent. One of the organ models included in a 1930's Hammond BC emulation. The C/V has a more shallow vibrato, but my most recent discovery involves using second harmonic percussion with this less common vibrato quality.

During the course of the year I have had hands on time with a Crumar Mojo 61 and the HX3 module. For me the Legend solo really makes it because all the " editing" is right there using dedicated knobs. The leslie sim is also excellent but for the moment I am mostly using just CV settings through a mono amp.

When I first heard Elvio's clonewheel offerings I thought they were right at the top of the heap of cool things I have heard in the 21st century. I still feel that way.

#2908864 - 02/12/18 03:35 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: LX88]
bjosko Offline

Loc: Denmark
A 1 year old secondhand Mojo 61 almost unused. I was about to order a new one last Monday, but decide to have a look in the local used gear ads, and found this one. The seller had bought it as a replacement for his Hammond SK1, but had thought it contained more sounds, as it was his only keyboard. So it had been sitting unused. I opened up the web editor and saw that it still was on an old version (1.06), and the seller had no clue about the web editor. Looks like new, and I grab it. Updated the software, and this sound like a killer organ, at least on headphones and on my home monitors.
The drive seem so have been tweaked more likely the Vent, and the Leslie sim seems much improved from my experience from the Gemini.
The keys / feel are amazing.

I already have the DMC 122 / Gemini combo, but it are still on the older software, waiting for the new release. It was my plan to replace it with a 61, as I will use my NS3 as bottom board.

Looking forward to meet the band and our usual setup tomorrow, that are the real test.

#2911527 - 02/23/18 06:16 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: bjosko]
MAJUSCULE Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
Picked up a Red Panda/Line 6 Tonecore Bitcrusher pedal recently. Very cool pedal, very versatile, and a great deal. Can cover a lot of stuff my ring mod and flanger do for me and gives me a different distortion sound as well. Exciting!

#2913636 - 03/07/18 11:15 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: MAJUSCULE]
SynMike Offline

The yellow one:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Af4Z8K3.jpg?1[/img]
- Member, MIDI Manufacturers Association Technical Standards Board

#2913662 - 03/08/18 05:13 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: SynMike]
MorayM Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Wilts, UK
Just ordered a Digitakt, my first foray into the Elektron world. This may be a huge mistake?

#2913690 - 03/08/18 08:32 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: MorayM]
ProfD Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: MorayM
Just ordered a Digitakt, my first foray into the Elektron world. This may be a huge mistake?

The Digitakt is a very cool box for what it does. It is sturdily built too.

I had a Digitakt for a couple months and only sold it because I wasn't going to spend a lot of time programming it. But, if I was doing any type of electronic music production, I would have kept it.

In other news, as mentioned in my thread, I just picked up a DSI Sequential Prophet 6. thu cool

#2913715 - 03/08/18 10:49 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: SynMike]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Originally Posted By: SynMike
The yellow one:

Fixed it for ya. thu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0eMkcc91E

#2913717 - 03/08/18 10:54 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: ProfD]
New&Improv Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Corvallis, OR
A couple things for me, one free, but not really, and one really really not free:

First, the free-but-not-free:

with:

I was given this Hammond BCV/Leslie 31 combo months ago, but was only able to coordinate moving it here last week. I've got an appointment for a Hammond tech to come and get it running early next month. It hasn't been played for about 2 decades, and I can see some wiring that is frayed and disconnected in the Leslie, so I'm not gonna try to start it up before it gets looked at. After that, I intend to add a percussion kit to the BCV and a 2-speed mod to the Leslie. This is the first actual Hammond console I've owned, so I'm viewing this as a learning experience as well.

The really-really-not-free, as in very expensive:

Allan & Heath SQ6. My partners in the live sound business and I are opening a recording space, and additionally, we needed another large-format console for festival gigs this summer, so we decided that this board could serve both needs. In the studio, it'll act as the primary console and recording interface, it'll pass 32 channels at 96k to and from a DAW, has excellent mic pre's, and has a really great work surface. I've used A&H boards for decades, and always liked them. It was between this and the Midas M32 for this role, we already have an M32, but there are things I don't like about it, and, while the list price was the same, we were able to get the A&H for significantly less than the M32.

Edited by New&Improv (03/08/18 03:08 PM)
-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

#2914590 - 03/12/18 08:50 PM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: New&Improv]
justin_havu Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somersworth, NH
Got a Korg Karma for around $450.

#2914608 - 03/13/18 02:47 AM Re: Your Latest Purchase (music related) [Re: justin_havu]
Daniel71 Offline

Loc: Rimouski Canada
Lounsberry Tall & Fat

Page 26 of 29 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 >

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner