Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

I like that second windmill pic BrettyMic with the glare coming off the blade. Very cool.

From the other night in Seattle

16529261135_952223cbe1_b.jpg

Downtown Seattle by Mike M Martin, on Flickr

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pale, that is a seriously cool photo. You are clearly prepared to suffer for your art - but well worth it. Amazing photo. I love pics involving unusual weather etc. :)

Brett, really like your windmill shot. And you built it too! Does that make it a sort of self portrait?

Bill, I very much liked your open space photo. :)

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Ok.......perhaps I may qualify for the prize for the weirdest photo in this thread with this one.... ;)

This was taken in Prague, on the site of a giant plinth which used to house a HUGE (75 foot tall) statue of Lenin. The statue was destroyed in 1962, and eventually replace in 1991 by.......... A giant metronome!!

For some reason which I have yet to fathom, a wire has been attached to the metronome, and all these shoes have been hung on it....

15921666453_589ebc450a_b.jpgOn a Shoestring in Prague by xxKnuckles, on Flickr

Pale, that is a seriously cool photo. You are clearly prepared to suffer for your art - but well worth it. Amazing photo. I love pics involving unusual weather etc. :)

Brett, really like your windmill shot. And you built it too! Does that make it a sort of self portrait?

Bill, I very much liked your open space photo. :)

Thanks xKnuckles! , I've built about 42 of them so far - and 100's of small beasties and things.

A self portrait? , would you like neked? , I will see what I can do :D....

Legend has it (in this country at least) that those shoes hanging up there signify a "tinny house" or "tinny houses" right near by :D .

Great photo's as usual people :) .

Brett

Thanks Pale & Brett. I am very chuffed (& surprised) that you like the shoes pic....thought there was a good chance that I would be the "sole" (sorry - couldn't resist!...) person with that sort of taste ... ;)

Thanks also, Brett, for broadening my understanding of New Zealand culture.....did not have a clue what a "tinny house" might be, but (thanks to Wikipedia) I now have a rough idea, and as a result am even more confused about why they need to remove their shoes in order to enter one.......

........ perhaps ignorance is bliss....

Here's one I took recently after coming back from a gig. It was taken at 1am and the temperature was subzero, but the fog and the light looked great, so I parked my car and went under the bridge to take a few shots. I froze my ass, and I was constantly looking behind my back (spending time under bridges at 1am never seems like a good idea)

16253686538_99336a82f5_b.jpg[/url]

I love this. Fog makes such a great enhancement to night shots. Taking pictures at night definitely is a thrill!

Thanks Pale & Brett. I am very chuffed (& surprised) that you like the shoes pic....thought there was a good chance that I would be the "sole" (sorry - couldn't resist!...) person with that sort of taste ... ;)

Thanks also, Brett, for broadening my understanding of New Zealand culture.....did not have a clue what a "tinny house" might be, but (thanks to Wikipedia) I now have a rough idea, and as a result am even more confused about why they need to remove their shoes in order to enter one.......

........ perhaps ignorance is bliss....

No , the people that operate the tinny house can afford new shoes , and throw their old ones up on the "sign wire" :)

Brett

What an awesome photo! , complete with Great sunset!.

Brett

Thank you very much. It was a sunrise actually. ;)

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/vasquezrocksnightskyphotos-april2013/images/startrails-arena-kenlee-vasquezrocks-33minf430siso400.jpg

I am saddened by Leonard Nimoy's passing. But he lived long, and we all prospered. Peace. And thank you for everything. This photo was taken at Vasquez Rocks, where "Star Trek" was filmed numerous times, sometimes standing in for Spock's planet of Vulcan.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should talk about the photo. Star trails, showing the perceived movements of the stars (from a series of "stacked" photos). Light painting, illuminating the famous rock formation with an LED flashlight. And yes, that's a meteor in the lower left!

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/vasquezrocksnightskyphotos-april2013/images/startrails-arena-kenlee-vasquezrocks-33minf430siso400.jpg

I am saddened by Leonard Nimoy's passing. But he lived long, and we all prospered. Peace. And thank you for everything. This photo was taken at Vasquez Rocks, where "Star Trek" was filmed numerous times, sometimes standing in for Spock's planet of Vulcan.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should talk about the photo. Star trails, showing the perceived movements of the stars (from a series of "stacked" photos). Light painting, illuminating the famous rock formation with an LED flashlight. And yes, that's a meteor in the lower left!

Incredible pic Ken. I should have guessed that you have been to Vulcan. :)

We're fostering a cat for a local no-kill shelter. We're not ready to fully adopt since Max passed away on 1 December. In fact, bringing in Chloe has really reminded us of this fact at times. However, having her around gives us the best of both worlds. We get to have a cat around without the attachment and whatever other feelings it may stir up.

Here are a couple of snapshots (as compared to the real photos like you lot have been posting lately).

11022829_1542079836059446_1497023597_n.jpg

11015651_1588691544679085_1914895029_n.jpg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:o :o :o I'm shocked Brett! Why do you think that? The whole thing looks and sounds completely credible to me........ Especially since it was featured on the main BBC news today.... (Mind you, they did do a feature on the blue/black white/gold dress on Friday.....) ;)