Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2643359 - 11/26/14 01:20 AM need advice on seeking decent stage lighting
1126skyshinee Offline

First, I'm buying from online shops

Second, my budget is 500 max, so if you have a different recommendation please tell me.

Now, this is what I have narrowed my search:

Single Green laser light show with eight heads (32, free shipping).
Eight claw Pro lighting Red Green dj laser light (47, 27+20 shipping).
Eight Multicolored Red + Green + Purple 200mW nightclub laser light (61, 55+6 shipping, i could

not find this one cheaper).

If you have a better option for around the same price range please let me know. thanks guys!

PS:Sorry for my poor English.

#2644477 - 12/01/14 02:29 PM Re: need advice on seeking decent stage lighting [Re: 1126skyshinee]
Eric VB Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

First off, are you in a band? Or are you a club owner? Or are you trying to start your own light show business?

It helps if you include links so we know exactly what you're talking about. Are these correct?

Single Green laser light show with eight heads
Eight claw Pro lighting Red Green dj laser light
Eight Multicolored Red + Green + Purple 200mW nightclub laser light

All of these are laser effects.

Now, I'm not a lighting expert, but from what I've heard you don't want to just have a bunch of effects. Secondly, you may want to have more than one kind of effect (all of these are lasers).

Lasers work best with a fog machine. Without fog you may only see dots where the lasers hit a surface; you won't see the long lines like the ads show. If you are in a band make sure you don't have a problem with fog. For example, you may not be able to breath and sing as well on a stage full of fog.

At the very least you probably want some kind of wash light. In fact you'll want several of these. The kind with the moving head are better, of course, but they cost much more. Even something as simple as two LED Par can lights -- one on each side of the stage -- that automatically change color to the beat of the music is better than nothing.

For more elaborate light shows you will need a controller of some sort.

#2644511 - 12/01/14 06:49 PM Re: need advice on seeking decent stage lighting [Re: 1126skyshinee]
1126skyshinee Offline

I found two lights from the following site, to me look appealing: *URL Removed*
I'm gonna to use the light for the laser show through it.Is there anything I can buy, let's say roughly $450 range? if you have a better option for around the same price range please let me know. thanks guys!

#2644710 - 12/02/14 01:47 PM Re: need advice on seeking decent stage lighting [Re: 1126skyshinee]
Eric VB Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Those look nice!

Moderator:  Jeff Klopmeyer