Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Changing it up is half the fun.

Do you use a bypass strip? My Clav generates a lot of noise if I add too many pedals (esp with the MF Phaser for some reason) so I am hoping the strip will address that.

I use the MF Ring Mod on my rhodes and a EHX MM on my Voyager. Never tried an overdrive on the Clav although that makes sense.

Cool vintage rig ! :2thu:

my German brother, Danke!

Do the synths run thru the Fender amps too ?

both running through the Bassman 10

But to make it perfect, a real Minimoog D and Prophet 5 should replace your synths in that area,-

nothing's perfect, right? :laugh:

and I miss the Oberheim 4 (or 8-) Voice on top of the Yammi CP,- for the authenticity, so to speak ...

An ARP Odyssey (white face) on top of your Leslie would be ice on the cake though. :D

working on it. ;)

... and where´s the ARP/Solina String machine ? :facepalm:

sometimes working on that, would be nice for sure

Well, can´t wait for your next pic ...

A.C.

that will be boring, just a computer and a couple keyboards, but it's functional

:nopity:

Never tried an overdrive on the Clav although that makes sense.

gives you the sound Billy Preston got on "Heartbreaker" [/quote

]stones I assume? Did not know that was Preston but know the song and patch (esp the pc3 one) well. Might have to steal my son's overdrive pedal (he plays gtr) and give that a try

Nice rig Dave. When are you having us over for a jam? :snax:

well Joe, Noah (noahzark) and Rodger Hooper have been here, but not for awhile. Anytime you have a reunion at U 0f M let me know. Course you could always come for any other reason. Bring your own cape. :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/661/eMVhw2.jpg

Trebuchet ammo, in the bottom of that pic!

The two happiest days of my life: the day I got my CP70, and the day I donated it. Of course, the 20 years between were pretty good too. (PS: don't tell my wife I said this.)

Great rig, in any case. I spent 25 years in Ann Arbor; maybe I'll be passing through there again (my folks are still in Saginaw sometimes.) Meanwhile, let me know if you'll be in Durham NC!

Bring your own cape. :D
I'm always wearing my cape under my "civilian" clothes, as well as my lensless glasses. :cool:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Trebuchet ammo, in the bottom of that pic!

was wondering how long that would take, longer than I thought anyway :laugh:

believe it or not, it's my second CP 70. I was very happy when I sold my first one. I just couldn't get what I wanted in this setup with a DP. I even looked at used spinit pianos. The action of the CP 70 is excellent, and it sounds at times like a wonky upright. Perfect for me now, anyway. I have a Kawai 52" upright in the family room if I need something prettier sounding.

I spent 25 years in Ann Arbor; maybe I'll be passing through there again (my folks are still in Saginaw sometimes.)

actually Jeff, Joe went to University of Maryland, the other U of M. Probably sould have written U of MD. I'm mostly downtown DC (where I'm writing this) or in the near 'burbs, where the gear lives. Anyway, that's alot closer to NC than Michigan.

I was born and raised in Michigan in the little town of Allenton between Romeo & Port Huron. The Michigan vs Ohio State games where epic.

UPDATE: Herndon may technically be in VA, but its really metropolitan DC.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

I was born and raised in Michigan in the little town of Allenton between Romeo & Port Huron. The Michigan vs Ohio State games where epic.

UPDATE: Herndon may technically be in VA, but its really metropolitan DC.

Yeah, Herndon is 10 minutes up the road from me. We refer to this area as "Northern Virginia" and really, it has nothing in common with the rest of Virginia.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

This is my current live rig setup in my music room.

MOX6 above FA-08

Left is my MacBook Pro running MainStage

Right is my Alesis iODock for my iPad. Sitting behind that is my Steinberg UR22 Interface when using other boards.

(The Cubs sign is from an old bar in my hometown ;) )

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/escaperocks1/IMG_0232_zps22bb0486.jpg

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Talk about a crack addiction: a year and a half ago I got my first Kurzweil, a K2500RS (Rack / Sampling, also has a hard disk) and upgraded the OS so I could use KB3. I still like it a lot. But it's heavy and unwieldy for hauling to church, and there's no useful leslie effect in it. So I also bought a Roland/Boss Leslie pedal, which is very pleasing.

Then last Easter I found a K2600 (76 notes, sampling) on CL, liked it even more -- 'cept for the KDFX Leslie. That's all right; I just use an aux output pair for KB3 organs, post chorus, post overdrive, into the aforementioned Boss pedal. Just one object to haul (plus pedals), easier than the rack and a MIDI keyboard, but 55 pounds plus a 35 pound SKB case -- 90 pounds (40 KG) is a little much for my aging bones and scrawny muscles. And winter (slick sidewalks) is coming.

So yesterday, with the, um, reluctant agreement of my wife, I ordered a used PC361 (half the weight) from GC. I've been watching the Kurzweil intro videos on my TV. :drool:

Upcoming: I'll be selling the K2500 RS, and probably my beloved Alesis Fusion, which "reliably" boots in one, two, or three tries (as it has since I bought it 6 years ago).

If anyone can gimme some advice on reasonable prices to ask for the above two, I would be very grateful. Selling them should at least partially offset my beloved spouse's financial concerns.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Lookin' good, David! :thu:

agreed, except for the Bud Light nonsense. ;)

lol!

It's way too neat David!

I have a decent little area for my gear, but I can't set it up the way I play live due to space constraints, due to a desk and A frame workstation stand. I'm working on my Floyd band stuff where a lot of it is logistics and muscle memory, getting used to reaching for a board in a certain position. The only place I have where I can set everything up that way (aside from the garage which is now too cold) is in my weightlifting area in the basement. It's ugly, but it's getting the job done!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

• 3 weeks later...