Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2641473 - 11/18/14 07:06 AM Best Bassists who have NOT been featured in BP
CirrusMinor Offline

Loc: Iowa
As a subscriber for over a decade, I notice some bassists get featured regularly while others never make the pages of BP. So, I think people should chime in and suggest ONE bassist they feel is deserving of being in the magazine, and the editors should check them out and feature them! Do not nominate yourself, that's cheesy. BP has turned us on to some great music, let's return the favor and turn them on to some greatness! My nomination? Quite possibly our generations best bassist (technical, melodic, groovy, creative...), John Fererra of Consider The Source! They just released their 4th studio release, and have a double disc slated for release early 2015. He is truly a badass and an inspiration! Youtube them.... You will be impressed! 3 piece instrumental Middle-Eastern Sci-Fi Fusion!

#2695888 - 06/11/15 06:57 AM Re: Best Bassists ... Jean Baudin? [Re: CirrusMinor]
joshdiablo Offline

Jean Baudin.. Has he been featured? The guys work with a 12 string bass with Nuclear Rabbit is seriously unbelievable. His solo work is amazing too, but I tend to appreciate a great player more with their work in a band, writing with others instead of the more self indulgent, solo, freestyle stuff that's only structure is the idea it was made from.. In a band, to do what Jean Baudin does to the music, within the structure of the song, while still showcasing his ability is amazing.. If you haven't heard Nuclear Rabbit, check them out. They are off the wall, but Jeans playing makes that band. They are an acquired taste, but one can definitely appreciate the bass work.

#2695891 - 06/11/15 07:04 AM Re: Best Bassists ... Jean Baudin? [Re: joshdiablo]
joshdiablo Offline

Here Jean messing around.. We asked him to do this after practice.. One of his rare moments where he plays a crowd favorite to amuse us!
http://youtu.be/yf56jYDv2fc

#2786433 - 06/22/16 03:46 AM Re: Best Bassists ... Jean Baudin? [Re: joshdiablo]
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Jackson Heights, NY
I love Earl Falconer's playing in UB40 - very melodic and interesting. Has he ever been featured?

Moderator:  Brian Fox, johngoldsby