Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is on repeat. Trying to get the brief solo at 3:03. Got it at 80% speed comfortably but struggling to get it any faster! I look forward to the day when I can start listening to things without thinking "Is this going to make me a better player? No? Then I shouldn't be listening to it." :facepalm:

[video:youtube]

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

just watched/listened to "The Concert for Valor". I'm only 20 miles from where it was held but I didn't have all day available. Knew it would fill up fast and Park Police would shut the gates. I read people were being arrested for climbing the fences. :cop: Ain't nobody got time for that.
:nopity:

Deodato - Prelude. That is the CD with the version of Also Sprach Zarathustra that has the Rhodes solo and became a hit many years ago. Sadly, it also seems to be one of those songs that sounded much better when I was just learning to play keys in cover bands.

It is not as good as I remembered.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Just watched this. My friend posted it in response to New&Improv's Mumpbeak video that I shared to Facebook. Pretty cool stuff.

I ended up recognizing a tune (Bezriel), which I figured out I knew from N&I's band, Xenat-Ra's live record. Funny how that works. Cool tune, heard at 42:25.

Here's the original Mumpbeak video. Shanir Blumenkranz on bass is the link.

Also very cool.

Just watched this. My friend posted it in response to New&Improv's Mumpbeak video that I shared to Facebook. Pretty cool stuff.

I ended up recognizing a tune (Bezriel), which I figured out I knew from N&I's band, Xenat-Ra's live record. Funny how that works. Cool tune, heard at 42:25.

Nice! Will have to check that out later! I caught this band on Monday, here in Corvallis:

They only play tunes that make it to #1 on the pop charts. Charlie Hunter still blows my mind every time I see him, watching him play is like watching someone play 3D chess on a fretboard. Steven Bernstein is a hell of a trumpet player, and one funny dude.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I ordered the Relayer Steven Wilson remix/remaster, but it's still back-ordered from my distributor. But I saw that I had missed this when it came out, so I ordered it as well. First time through at the moment, and only the stereo mix, it doesn't seem like as drastic an improvement as Close to the Edge, but still sounds terrific. Definitely more clarity and separation of the parts. The alternate versions are pretty interesting as well. Really looking forward to getting Relayer, that was always one of my favorite Yes albums, and I can't wait to hear what Wilson has done with it.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

It's that guy who wears the toque in the Keyboard articles: Brian Charette. This is refreshing. It's clever, not derivative of Smith/Defrancesco, or even Goldings. I've had this on rotation since August.

One could do the online master class: http://www.mymusicmasterclass.com/premiumvideos/jazz-organ-masterclass-brian-charette/

Been asked to play keys for a uni project covering this song:

[video:youtube]c-3ONcinw10

Hadn't heard of the band before but I'm really digging the track right now and can't wait to start digging into those organ solos!

Gear feeds the soul.

HERBIE HANCOCK: ACTUAL PROOF

While warming up to sit-in with The Roots, Herbie Hancock performs Actual Proof for the Tonight Show studio audience.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50