Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

The selective color seem fun ! Mike, as not being in the U.S. the factual city-scapes interest me, who would put pictures like that in a blog or something ?

Well, I think even phones can take picture like images, here's fresh one from Amsterdam surrounding, a lonely wheelbarrow with moderate (but reasonable, and no drawing) processing:

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/Pictures/251020141110bmc.png

T.V.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things for any of you photo guys:

I'm becoming obsessed with photos, and am looking for some sort of starter DSLR. Any recommendations?

Also, has anyone tried the wide angle/macro lenses for iPhones such as this one? I had to order it to try it (I'm not expecting DSLR quality, but I thought it would be a cool experiment to try for about $2).

http://s3.postimg.org/ialdja4tr/image.jpg http://s3.postimg.org/cjv75jwtr/57_1.jpghttp://s3.postimg.org/4fn30taen/57_2.jpg

Wow Kenny - that lens looks interesting!! :) :) I have been hoping for quite some time that someone would come up with something like this for the iOS devices.... Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Fingers crossed that they create some sort of macro lens as well.....

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

I'm becoming obsessed with photos, and am looking for some sort of starter DSLR. Any recommendations?

Canon T3i or Nikon D3200/D3300 are both great starter cameras.

Took this one this morning on the drive to work.

Holy cow Mike! Gorgeous. This is worth of being printed out and framed!

Both are from NJ

Jesus, Mike take these down before Christie sees them and taxes you for proving not all of NJ is a toxic waste dump........ :cop:

Beautiful.....

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Both are from NJ

Jesus, Mike take these down before Christie sees them and taxes you for proving not all of NJ is a toxic waste dump........ :cop:

Beautiful.....

Jake

Thank you. NJ is really quite beautiful except for the area in and around Newark airport.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Both are from NJ

Beautiful.....

Jake

Thank you. NJ is really quite beautiful except for the area in and around Newark airport.

I was going to take the opportunity to make fun of NJ too but some other characters beat me to it. ;) The area around Newark airport and along the turnpike in the northern half of the state are pretty awful. I had a friend in college from NJ who used to say they put all the crap along the turnpike to keep people from wanting to move there. :laugh:

Another great one, Mike!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

4892kenlee_joshuatree2014-08-30-2231-20sf28iso4000-1000px.jpg

Milky Way over Joshua Tree National Park, California. The Joshua Trees and rocks in the foreground were light painted.

5641kenlee_diadelosmuertos2014_d610-nikkor18200-womanveilabove-1000px.jpg

Dia de los Muertos is about gathering families and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. Traditions include building private altars honoring the deceased, using sugar skulls and the favorite foods, beverages, and affects of the departed. This is one of my favorite holidays. I find it touching, sweet, beautiful, creepy, funny, and more, depending on the presentation and aesthetic and sense of humor the people have. The antique approach of the photos bring sense of timelessness, and often enhance the macabre quality of people in the portraits.

Historians trace the origins to indigenous observances 2500-3000 years ago ago as well as to an Aztec festival dedicated to a goddess called Mictecacihuatl.

All of these photos were taken 1 November 2014 in Los Angeles, CA USA by me. Thanks for looking.

5579kenlee_diadelosmuertos2014_d610-nikkor18200-strangenun-1000px.jpg

5459kenlee_diadelosmuertos2014_d610-nikkor18200-prettywomanwithflowersonhead-800pxlong.jpg

5544kenlee_diadelosmuertos2014_d610-nikkor18200-womanskull-1000px.jpg

I am one of the featured photographers in the LA Times. They interviewed me and are displaying some of my photos.

The People Behind the Places: What inspires Ken Lee and his photography

For the last several years, we've asked readers to share their best travel photos with us for our annual reader photo issue. We've received many stunning images, and we've gotten to know many budding photographers and travel enthusiasts.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-trb-photographer-profile-ken-lee-20141021-story.html

Ken,

I saw that on FB earlier today but didn't chance to read the article until now. Congratulations, you deserve it!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Thank you very much, Mike!

I have a special love for the LA Times Travel section. As a kid, I used to look through the Sunday LA Times Travel section every week. I tried hard never to miss an issue. And that was difficult sometimes because my family did not receive the LA Times, so I used to look at my neighbor's copy. I'd look at all the mind-blowing, beautiful, fascinating photos of faraway lands and think, "Some day I am going to go to these places, and I will see these beautiful places with my own eyes."

I am so lucky to have been to some of these places.

So you can only imagine my excitement last year when my girlfriend ran in to the house, waving a section of the LA Times Travel section with my photo on the cover! I had won the LA Times Travel Editor's Choice for Summer Photos in 2013! Although I had won accolades from Smithsonian and National Geographic's and won a contest from Lonely Planet Guidebook, this LA Times appearance was extra special because of how how many years as a kid I dreamed of going to those places. And now, I had not only gone to those places and had a photo appear on the cover!!!

So this latest appearance, like winning the Editor's Choice above, is truly beyond my wildest dreams.

And yes...as an adult, I have had a subscription to the LA Times for years. I no longer have to borrow my neighbor's copy. :D :D

startrails-tronapinnacles3-50min-30sf28iso400.jpg