Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36
Re: cool new effects
hurricane hugo #3048902 06/14/20 07:55 PM
20k Club
20k Club
Originally Posted by hurricane hugo
I was wondering if that Chase Bliss pedal with the motorized faders had made its way here yet, hahahahahaha.

I know, right?! grin And I don't post a lot new pedals on this thread, so when I do, you know it's gonna be no 'ho-hum', 'same old same-old'...

Such is definitely the case there. I do think that I want one.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _
GP Island
Caevan O'Shite #3048984 06/15/20 02:39 PM
W
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
W
Not exactly new, but pretty cool -

Remember the iStomp, Digitech's "black box" effect pedal that you could load with different FX firmware? It was a sort of precursor to T.C. Electronic' TonePrint series. You needed an iOS device to load different FX into it.

My bandmate, who is a master in the App realm, ordered a used one from GC, only to find it was super cheap because it didn't have the needed connection cable, so she got another one. Having two iStomps on hand, she loaded one with Adrian Belew's Impossible Pedal, and brought it to my place yesterday.

It's dual Pitch Shift effect, BUT . . . you have to stomp the switch to "play" the pedal. Stomping it On and Off switches among your straight input signal and two preset Intervals, Up or Down, as you like. With some very vigorous stomping, you can turn a sustained tone into a three-note riff. There also seems to be a Pitch Detection function, so you can pick your Intervals on the fly, without having to stop, bend down and turn knobs?

I couldn't find a Manual anywhere, at least not in English - a French language site had one posted, but my French isn't near good enough to help out. Finally, I went looking for photos of the labels that Digtech sent out with the iStomp. so you could customize the face of your pedal, and know what the knobs did. I found a good image of the Impossible Pedal's label, and that was enough. Knob 1 is Voice One, 2 is Up/Down, 3 is Voice Two, and 4 is Up/Down, again. It's

As usual, fooling with the Impossible Pedal has inspired me to try something similar in my MFX, so I'm likely to wind up with a whole new bank of sounds. In the meantime, I've got a week of garden work ahead of me.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com
1 member likes this: Caevan O'Shite
Winston Psmith #3049065 06/16/20 12:52 AM
20k Club
20k Club
Originally Posted by Winston Psmith
Not exactly new, but pretty cool -

Remember the iStomp, Digitech's "black box" effect pedal that you could load with different FX firmware? It was a sort of precursor to T.C. Electronic' TonePrint series. You needed an iOS device to load different FX into it.

My bandmate, who is a master in the App realm, ordered a used one from GC, only to find it was super cheap because it didn't have the needed connection cable, so she got another one. Having two iStomps on hand, she loaded one with Adrian Belew's Impossible Pedal, and brought it to my place yesterday.

It's dual Pitch Shift effect, BUT . . . you have to stomp the switch to "play" the pedal. Stomping it On and Off switches among your straight input signal and two preset Intervals, Up or Down, as you like. With some very vigorous stomping, you can turn a sustained tone into a three-note riff. There also seems to be a Pitch Detection function, so you can pick your Intervals on the fly, without having to stop, bend down and turn knobs?

I couldn't find a Manual anywhere, at least not in English - a French language site had one posted, but my French isn't near good enough to help out. Finally, I went looking for photos of the labels that Digtech sent out with the iStomp. so you could customize the face of your pedal, and know what the knobs did. I found a good image of the Impossible Pedal's label, and that was enough. Knob 1 is Voice One, 2 is Up/Down, 3 is Voice Two, and 4 is Up/Down, again. It's

As usual, fooling with the Impossible Pedal has inspired me to try something similar in my MFX, so I'm likely to wind up with a whole new bank of sounds. In the meantime, I've got a week of garden work ahead of me.

"Hi! I'm Adrian Belew- one of the world's guitarists!"

Cut to about 5:35 here:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _
Caevan O'Shite #3049312 06/17/20 01:35 PM
W
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
W
That's the beast . . .

Therein lies a sad tale, which relates back to CEB's post about the Rubberneck Delay: DOD/Digitech is among the walking dead, as far as product lines. Samsung bought out Harman, DOD/Digitech's parent company, some time back, looking to scrape the cream off the top, in terms of the more expensive product lines, and doing away with a lot of the consumer products, including DOD/Digitech. The entire Digitech development team was fired around two years ago, and there've been no new products since around the advent of the Trio, with nothing forthcoming. You're likely to see some blow-out sales on remaining DOD/Digitech gear, as retailers dump whatever they have left on hand, but bear in mind, they'll all be "orphan" products, with no company support, no in-house repairs, and very likely a lack of available replacement parts.

FWIW, Lexicon and Alesis were also Harman companies, and as a Synth user, I saw what happened to Alesis. Whole product lines disappeared, and the Support pages for Legacy products were slashed, to the point where it's as if some products never existed? Looking on Lexicon's current website, the only Signal Processor I see is the MPX200 . . . Ah, well.

Last edited by Winston Psmith; 06/17/20 01:36 PM.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

Winston Psmith #3049408 06/17/20 08:14 PM
W
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
W
Delay is probably my favorite effect outside of Distortion, and this thing caught my eye, in part because it looks a lot like something from Chase Bliss? No, it's a Walrus . . .

New Walrus Mako series D1 Delay

Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard