Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Can we just get a Music Movie/Documentary Megathread?

2 The Eagles? Really?

Sorry, "History of the Eagles." It really is fascinating.

It's the most fascinating cat fight I've ever seen :D , great film - SAD about the friction and what it destroyed.

Used to be really fond and proud of the Eagles once , Don H. and Glen F, you're not getting my money anymore.

Brett

I have 3 for you (in no particular order)

Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream - extremely long but very good especially the making of the Damn the Torpedoes section

Foo Fighters - Back and Forth - I especially love the part with the band recording album in Dave's garage

Fabulous Baker Boys - Michelle Pfeiffer, red dress on top of the grand piano!! - plus Dave Grusin's soundtrack is pretty fabulous too

- Mark

Crumar Mojo 61+ 61B - Korg Triton Extreme - Voce V3 (with drawbars) - Kawai MP-9000 - Yamaha M207 upright piano... wishing for a Hammond & Leslie

How to Grow a Band - about the formation of The Punch Brothers

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - about the production and delayed release of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco. Most notable for the friction between Tweedy and Bennett (basically the story of what happens when one guy thinks he is a co-leader of the band and the real leader of the band does not share that opinion.)

The Sun Came Out - Neil Finn and a bunch of pals from bands like Radiohead and Wilco have a blast making a charity benefit record. Great fun.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

These should keep you fellas busy. :cool:

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF4H8lB2Y_o

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU0tR0EjAXA

Go watch 20 Feet Form Stardom.

Right f-ing now.

I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of this movie. I got chills in my spine when Merry Clayton was talked about her vocal on Gimme Shelter in the same studio she originally sang it.

The last third, where they were focusing on current backup singers trying to make it as solo acts, fell a little flat for me. (felt a little like the personal vignettes on American Idol.)

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Throw down your heart: Bela Fleck goes to Africa to explore the roots of the banjo - amazing music in this one.

Dancing outlaw: the story of a hard-living, Appalachian tap dancer - you won't belive these are real people. Our drummer kept a copy of this on the bus when we were touring back in the day. We watched it over and over....it's hilarious.

Constantly striving to measure up to the quality of my gear

• 1 month later...

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 2 weeks later...

Began watching this last night. On HBO.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXQsOa1Wbcs

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Standing in the Shadows of Motown

Also, the new BBC Kate Bush documentary is terrific!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Just watched Bring On the Night this Friday. Pretty good. Hated Sting's manager. Very cool to see those cats as young lions crossing over. Sting's got a good voice, too. I was unsure as to how much of it was staged and how much of it was real. It kind of made me uncomfortable, not gonna lie. Still, I enjoyed it. Great music.

Just watched Bring On the Night this Friday. Pretty good. Hated Sting's manager. Very cool to see those cats as young lions crossing over. Sting's got a good voice, too. I was unsure as to how much of it was staged and how much of it was real. It kind of made me uncomfortable, not gonna lie. Still, I enjoyed it. Great music.
You mean Miles Copeland, Stewart's brother? He's a trip.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Stranger: Bernie Worrel On Earth.

There's a scene where Tina Weymouth is in what I believe is Bernie's living space - a motel room, in which it appears she's trying to motivate Bernie into get to a gig. My wife and I both commented that Bernie seems to be suffering from some form of mental illness:(

�Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!�

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone