Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads-up: SpaceStation keyboard amp is apparently back

Depending on your sub, you could run L/R outs of your mixer to the sub, then take the high pass outs of the sub and feed those into the SpaceStation. That way you'd get the crossover built into the sub instead of running in reverse.

Yes, but it really depends on the sub which I don´t own up to now.

I´d only use a sub on occasion,- when I really need it.

The Peavey PV118 and PV115 seem to be cool for keys and they come w/ fullrange inputs in parallel, so you´d feed that fullrange signal to the PA in addition.

A.C.

I'd use my K10 and feed the sub out of the spacestation into that, and turn the bass boost switch on if needed. That'd be a nice compact setup.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

It didn't look to me like this new one has a sub out. Both vids have him turning it around so you can see the back and I didn't see a sub out and he doesn't talk about one either. All the references guys are talking about above is for the old one not this new one.

Also, I understand the concept of getting more perceived volume from a line array type thing because the sound is thrown around the room so it sounds louder relative to actual amp power and speaker size.

At my last bar gig we're on a small stage maybe 12 feet wide the drummer is in the middle taking up half that. The vocalist and sax player are right next to each other in front of us. With an 8 inch woofer it seems no way is this going to keep up. I think this would work for the jazz gigs I was doing a few years ago with a bassist but what about organ bass? It doesn't seem so. Maybe I'm wrong and this little thing really kicks ass but I think he needs to come out with a bigger version, double the power, maybe two 10's or a very robust 12.

I see he's in San Fernando about 35 miles from me, not bad by LA standards. It does look very interesting, maybe I'll see if I can pay him a visit and check this out.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

It didn't look to me like this new one has a sub out. Both vids have him turning it around so you can see the back and I didn't see a sub out and he doesn't talk about one either. All the references guys are talking about above is for the old one not this new one.

Bob

http://centerpointstereo.com/images/cps_specsheet18.jpg

the cut sheet references version 3 and the rear panel shows a sub out of the same version 3

SpaceStation V3,

MoxF6,PX5S,Hammond-SK2,Artis7,Stage2-73,

KronosX-73,MS Pro145,Ventilator,OB DB1,Lester K

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

Also, Sweetwater is showing the product on line now, taking pre- orders with an anticipated delivery of mid August.

and 24 month financing

SpaceStation V3,

Toys: RIP died in the flood of 8/16 1930 Hammond AV, 1970s Leslie 145, 1974 Rhodes Stage

I wonder if this will be available in Europe? Nothing on the interwebz so far.

SSM

As of today , according to their website, ONLY available from them or Sweetwater, so no dice.

SpaceStation V3,

I wonder if this will be available in Europe? Nothing on the interwebz so far.

SSM

As of today , according to their website, ONLY available from them or Sweetwater, so no dice.

Oh well! Back to the drawing board. Was thinking of this to pair up with my Mojo. i might start a new thread.......

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have one on order from Sweetwater.

I see they moved the release date back, I hope the reason for that isn't a design issue.

I am wondering where it is being manufactured and assembled, I see they are using USA Eminence speaker components, hope it is made in the US.

hen it arrives I will post an initial report and a gig use report.

SpaceStation V3,

http://centerpointstereo.com/images/cps_specsheet18.jpg

That looks like an ad from the back of a 1965 magazine. :)

I'm looking at your avatar and thinking 1965 must be pretty space-age futuristic to you.

:D

Here for the gear.

I am wondering where it is being manufactured and assembled, I see they are using USA Eminence speaker components, hope it is made in the US.

Motion Sound used stock Eminence Alpha speakers in the KP-100s keyboard amp which sounded bad and were easy to overload/burn out. I replaced mine with Eminence Betas which had a higher power rating and better tone - they have performed great. Not all Eminence speakers are alike.

Motion Sound used stock Eminence Alpha speakers in the KP-100s keyboard amp which sounded bad and were easy to overload/burn out. I replaced mine with Eminence Betas which had a higher power rating and better tone - they have performed great. Not all Eminence speakers are alike.

These are Eminence Acoustinator speakers.

Here for the gear.

...which have been discontinued. Note that Eminence Betas are the recommended replacement by Parts Express.

...which have been discontinued. Note that Eminence Betas are the recommended replacement by Parts Express.

So Jim, am I reading this correctly that the speakers in the new soundstation are discontinued?

SpaceStation V3,

well this is a little disturbing news

SpaceStation V3,

I don't know about that... the Acoustinator speakers are supposed to be great. Manufacturers update or rebrand their products all the time. Maybe Center Point bought up the remaining stock. Maybe CP had to order the Betas and that could be why the Spacestations are late getting to market.

Regardless, you're getting one, and I'm glad because I'm looking forward to your review!

:thu:

Here for the gear.

I don't know about that... the Acoustinator speakers are supposed to be great. Manufacturers update or rebrand their products all the time. Maybe Center Point bought up the remaining stock. Maybe CP had to order the Betas and that could be why the Spacestations are late getting to market.

Regardless, you're getting one, and I'm glad because I'm looking forward to your review!

:thu:

The replacment speaker for the Eminence Acoustinator CX2008 is the Eminence Beta8CX.

Unfortunately these have different specs.

The specs I mention here come from original PDF files I downloaded from the Eminence website because shops incl. parts-express and eminencespeakers.co.uk report different (better) specs for the Beta8cx.

The usable frequency of the Beta8cx is just only 95Hz-3.3KHz (resonance frequency 62Hz) while the Acoustinator CX2008´s usable frequency range is 60-3.5KHz (resonance frequency 57Hz).

Beta8CX is louder,- 92.8dB vs 90.8dB /Acoustinator.

IMO, the Beta8CX will now force you using a subwoofer always.

Can be CPS buyed the remaining stock of the Acoustinator CX2008 speakers but it will be limited quantity, eventually enough for production run(s), but all the buyers needing replacment speakers later will get problems.

Center Point Stereo is a small boutique company, so I doubt they buyed a large stock of speakers for the Spacestation v3.

A.C.

Hi, I'm new here, been lurking for CPS info.

I remember seeing 100Hz listed as the bottom on this unit in some literature.

Steinway L 1924 | Hammond SK2 | Hammond XPK-200L | Center Point Space Station V.3 | Motion Sound KT-80 | Yamaha U1

You should email them. I did a while ago. I think it was right after you first posted about the SpaceStation in this thread. I wrote him to see if he would do a demo using a CP4 or RD800, specifically keying in on the Rhodes Stereo Vibrato/pan. He wrote back and really liked the idea.

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear more reviews. I also didn't like seeing the low rated at only 100Hz, like AndyW just pointed out. That doesn't seem very good.

I'm still all in, cause I dig the concept. I love playing in Stereo, but the inventor of the SS makes a strong case for it being limited as to who really hears it in a room.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

You should email them. I did a while ago. I think it was right after you first posted about the SpaceStation in this thread. I wrote him to see if he would do a demo using a CP4 or RD800, specifically keying in on the Rhodes Stereo Vibrato/pan. He wrote back and really liked the idea.

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear more reviews. I also didn't like seeing the low rated at only 100Hz, like AndyW just pointed out. That doesn't seem very good.

I'm still all in, cause I dig the concept. I love playing in Stereo, but the inventor of the SS makes a strong case for it being limited as to who really hears it in a room.

I think I will attempt and email to see what he says.

BTW there is a demo with a Privia piano floating on the net, FWIW.

SpaceStation V3,

I think the general consensus of the original spacestation was that it sounded good, had a good stereo spatial fx, but was underpowered?

so this new unit still looks like at best 180 watts, nice 3 way system firing front but a "full range M+S" on the side, and whats with the magnet facing outward? Also, it appears there is no protection (grille) for the side speaker, I can see a mike stand or such poking a hole in the cone,,,,

I think I need to email Mr Pittman with my questions and concerns and hopefully receive an upfront answer to allay my

"fears"

SpaceStation V3,

Note too that the weight is listed as 32 lbs, 44 lbs, and 48 lbs on different lit. Does this have to do with the (supposed) speaker issue?
Steinway L 1924 | Hammond SK2 | Hammond XPK-200L | Center Point Space Station V.3 | Motion Sound KT-80 | Yamaha U1

Here is the response I received from Mr Pittman.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

No worries, the Eminence speaker corp makes the CX2008 again just for me, this is not uncommon for an OEM speaker manufacture. In past I used Eminence in many of my GT amps that were custom made for me. Back then, most the speakers they made were custom OEM just for the amp maker.

A Spacestation MK2 user came into our studio a few years ago and showed me his upgraded MK2. He had replaced the stock 8" (paper cone) with the new CX2008 and had also added Lpads to trim down the mid and HF components. His unit blew my stock MK2 away...I was impressed.

I immediately ordered a dozen CX2008 and converted all my MK2 I still had (for my use) to this example...and did so for a few pals like Michael Boddicker's too....everyone loved the upgrade.

Fender decided not to continue the Spacestation production (I sold GT to them back in 2008, the year the CX2008 was released), and so I recently undertook that effort myself under the A&A company name and reverted to my patent name CPS (because everybody who had one was urging me to make more). I love this product, and I loved that speaker!

Meanwhile, Eminence didn't sell enough coax 8"speakers (not much demand as with another 12" guitar speaker), so the discontinued making them. However when I decided to relaunch the product line they quickly offered to make these again. just for me...so they have relaunched the speaker so to speak...but just for me! I guess if a broader interest for 8" coax returns they may decide to offer them to their dealers, but I doubt it.

But this is no matter for you as I plan to run the new CPS Spacestation V.3 4x per year and always buy extra CX2008 for service and also to upgrade the older MK2 units already out there.

FYI, and something you can post on your blog (which I will read when I find the time, thank you for the link!), the first run will be received by me (today) and shipped out to Sweetwater this week (my only dealer outside of our website at A&A). FYI, Eminence is my turnkey vendor on this new production, as they have a factory there in China that makes amps for Line 6 and PRS...they have an excellent record.

Also, all of these advance (air freighted) units are presold (I guess yours among them!), but yet another shipment is on the water tomorrow and available in a month or so. Additionally the 2nd run is already under way, due to hit in early December! Actually, the response has been very encouraging!

Regarding the side speaker, no worries there either. The previous MK2 used am off shelf Chinese 6.5" 200wt rated Hi Fi speaker and we never had one failure. This V.3 production has an even stronger 6.5" made by Eminence and went thru extensive testing, I do not anticipate and problems (knock wood). But the 6.5" speaker is a very common size so it will be easy to find at any speaker store (or from me) in case the need arises (which I doubt).

Look for more CPS on our website (centerpointstereo), we added 5 more a few weeks ago (performance videos with whole bands using them!), and we are shooting more this week. These later ones will be mostly song performances recorded live and undoctored in our big room studios thru a MS mic system...pretty impressive if I say so myself. But nothing beats actually listening to a V.3, which you will be doing soon!

Once these get out in the market, I am counting on websites like your Keyboard forums, and users like you to "tell a friend". You see, I am a now just a one man company and this is one product that was on my retirement bucket list. I love this product and truly bel;ieve it makes music better for everyone...ti needs to be out there. But my new business model is unique; There will be no general distribution, only Sweetwater and myself. I have one vendor (Eminence) and one dealer (Sweetwater)...the rest I do myself. Much less sress for me (required) and life is (very) good!

Thanks for your interest and great questions. Please feel free to ask me anything you like, And most of all; be sure I will be offering my personal customer support for the Spacestation V.3, just as long as I am "This Side of the Dirt"! (see the CPS video of this name, a GREAT new song by David Morgan Chamberlain Trip performed solo on electric piano with Chamberlain on bass, all thru the V.3. This song could be my anthem)

God bless, Aspen

So I am leaving my order intact, and I only can go on the mans word he will support the system with replacement speakers if that happens.

I really feel in this day and age I should support the small mom and pop and boutique operations out there. I have a good feeling about this product.

I know there were issues with another "small" clone wheel organ company, but size isn't everything. :laugh:

SpaceStation V3,

Joe, this is great to read. I had also contacted Aspen when this product was announced and he got back to me right away.

As I posted previously, I'm looking forward to reading your review - sounds like it won't be too long!

Here for the gear.