Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VALHALLA WOODWORKING NOW MAKING A NORD C2D B3-STYLE STAND

Hi everyone,

http://www.norduserforum.com/nord-c1-c2-c2d-organ-forum-f13/stand-for-c2-t3269-30.html

So, after seeing fellow C2D owner Brad Carr's (username BC_C2D) amazing B3-style stand (see link above), with his permission, I approached Byron Coy at Valhalla Woodworking to see if he could make me something very similar. Valhalla (http://www.valhallawoodworking.com) is well-known for making replacement wood parts and reproductions of vintage Hammonds and Leslies.

Byron was enthusiastic about making me one and maybe offering it as a product for other C2D owners so I approached American, Music and Sound (Nord's distributors in the US) and, while Nord do not want to put their name on a third-party product, they were happy to help by shipping a loaner C2D to Valhalla in Pennsylvania for measurement. AM&S feel it will help sales if there is a product like this available as some potential church customers are keen on the traditional organ vibe.

Anyway, the loaner C2D from AM&S is currently en-route to Byron at Valhalla and it will take him about 6 weeks to design and complete the stand. I'm hoping that the price might come down if I can get a few buyers on-board with this initial production run. Off the top of his head, Byron said the stand will be $500 or more. He'll have an exact price over the next few weeks as he finishes the final design.

If you are interested in getting one of these C2D stands, please contact Byron Coy at Valhalla Woodworking. His email is byroncoy@msn.com or info@valhallawoodworking.com and his cellphone is (717) 368-3638.

Thanks,

-Brandon Christy.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that stand is a beauty, indeed...but what really caught my attention on that page was the Nord with reverse-color keys! :D

Agreed. It's a special edition of the Lead 2X for the 25th anniversary of Clavia:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/products/nord-lead-2x/images/nl2x-models-anniversary.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

So Byron at Valhalla Woodworking is nearing completion of my stand and is now taking orders.

CHECK OUT THESE PICS:

http://www.norduserforum.com/nord-c1-c2-c2d-organ-forum-f13/valhalla-woodworking-b3-style-stand-for-clonewheels-pics-t7641.html

The idea has evolved into an amazing stand that will work with just about any Clonewheel - Nord C2D, Nord C2, Hammond SK2 etc..

Byron has developed a clever system whereby the clone wheel will sit on lightweight height-adjustable aluminum rails (not pictured), leaving room for your knees and with a side-to-side adjustment so you can get your clonewheel organ further to the right, thus putting the manuals in the correct position viz a vis your foot pedals. Non pedal players can just sit the organ dead-center.

It breaks down into just a few pieces that are easily portable and only takes 5mins to put together. It will come in a choice of wooden veneers (see pics attached).

If you are interested in getting one of these clonewheel stands, please contact Byron Coy at Valhalla Woodworking for pricing. His email is byroncoy@msn.com or info@valhallawoodworking.com and his cellphone is (717) 368-3638. The more orders he gets, the cheaper his costs become, which will benefit all purchasers.

Cheers,

-Brandon.

• 5 years later...