Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2617500 - 08/06/14 08:59 PM hey editor boy, how about giving Dick Wagner his due?
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: new england, usa
i mean, the motherfucker changed the way ALL of us play for better or worse, and is the guy who played half the solos other people got famous for.
he was one of my dearest friends, and i don't think he ever got the credit he was due when alive... and he was definitely influential enough.
how about an issue devoted to dick?
at the least, give the guy a cover... he never got it in life, but i believe he deserves it, and i know a lot of other people who would agree.. and sadly, half the fuckin' brats out there don't even know who the man was.

so... cut my brother some love, please? i don't ask for much... but he deserves the moment of fleeting fame many others have gotten.... i mean, i see featured players that aren't even technically guitar players by most of our standards... sorry, thumping away on a drop tuned les paul thru a fucking wah wah pedal into a fuckin dimed marshall with the master all the way down is bullshit.

how about featuring an actual motherfucker for a change?

give dickie his due.

thanks guys. don't make me get all whiney bitch on ya.

peace
pink jimi photon
give dick wagner an issue devoted to him
You may choose only one

Votes accepted starting: 08/06/14 08:58 PM
View the results of this poll.

#2617711 - 08/07/14 02:09 PM Re: hey editor boy, how about giving Dick Wagner his due? [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
I'll second that. To sum-up by paraphrasing a quote of something Gene Simmons once said in a magazine interview long ago:

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2635832 - 10/25/14 11:05 PM Re: hey editor boy, how about giving Dick Wagner his due? [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: new england, usa
thanks kev!