Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#26198 - 03/08/02 07:47 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: NETHERLANDS
Guys, I just don't know what to say, you are such a bunch of great people!

Geoff,thanks man! I really believe praying helps very much and please don't stop my friend.

David, nice to hear about your (ex) girlfriend, knives don't seem to work in many occasions.

Eric, you da man! I hope she will rock on for at least fifty years, she deserves it after having a not so happy life so far.

Tom, thanks a lot man!

Daklander (what's your name?) thank you too. Glad you survived man. About Joosje getting pregnant? Impossible, some parts are missing:)

Harold, what can I say brother, of course we have to thank the doctors who are determined to win the battle against cancer and I'm really gratefull those people do.
But you were the guy who sent Joosje email with very kind words, you showed her who you really are. She actually knows your face and Cathy and Donovan's.
That really helped her, imagine you are the one that's very very ill and think you are going to die.
And then somebody from the other side of the planet is showing some real sympathy. Man, that helps a lot!!
Thanks a million bro!

Dan, thanks very much for your kind words. I don't know very much about other patients, one of them uses the medicine for nine months now and without the medicine I guess this patient would no longer be among us. Joosje is reacting very spectacular on this medicine, it even amazes the doctors. Some patients don't react on it. In fact the cancer she has is very rare, it only attacks weak parts of the body (my expression in Dutch is much better, sorry for some bad English), the cancer is called G.I.S.T. as far as I know.
The study about it I got to know of from Joosje who is very courageous indeed! She was accepted for it after having signed a contract as far as I know, after all this is a new medicine and it's not 'on the market' yet, so there are a number of 'dangers' I suppose. And yes Dan, she is an inspiration. But you guys were as much as an inspiration for her as well. I mailed her many of your posts and it really supported and helped her!

Thank you all again and I will keep you informed.

Peace.

#26199 - 09/14/02 11:31 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted 07-15-2002 06:19 AM by sign:
Quote:
Originally posted by soapbox:
Han, how is Joosje? Have her tumors continued to shrink? I hope that she is well!
Thanks! Joosje has had a scan a couple of weeks ago and the tumors kind of stabalized.

July 26 she will become 50, but she looks like 35.

Thanks again!

Peace, Han
Han, I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread back to the top, but I was wondering what the latest news is regarding Joosje's condition? How is she doing?

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#26200 - 09/15/02 05:18 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

(I don't think that Han saw this, so I'm going to bump it before it leaves the front page.)

BuMp!!!

#26201 - 09/15/02 09:04 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by soapbox:
(I don't think that Han saw this, so I'm going to bump it before it leaves the front page.)

BuMp!!!
Sorry Geoff, I didn't see it. Joosje will have a scan soon. She looks pretty healthy and as far as I know nothing has changed.

With this medicine she can get 80 as long as she's stable. I hope the tumors will shrink more and even disappear

Thanks for your concern bro

Scrolling through this thread gives me a warm feeling, thank you all.
I wonder why Harold doesn't post anymore. Harold, good friend, where are you??

#26202 - 09/15/02 09:13 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

Han, thanks for the update. Stable may not be ideal, but stable is good. I'm happy for Joosje.

BTW, Harold is still with us. Click here to see where he has posted lately . (FYI, this information can always be obtained by clicking on the post count underneath anyone's post.)

#26203 - 09/15/02 09:23 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Renie Offline

Loc: London UK
Curve is right Joosje's fighter spirit is key.

She also has Sign's loving, committed and resourceful energy. This will be helping too.

It's good to hear things are improving.

Sign, I've also heard that people with cancer who are in cancer support groups have at least a 30% better recovery and survival rate than those who aren't.

While Joosje sounds well supported maybe this type of context would shore up the energy of healing that is happening anyway.

A moving hopeful thread eveyone, thanks.

Renie

#26204 - 09/15/02 11:09 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks for the link Geoff, I thought Harold (who is a very nice bro) was gone.

I don't read many posts anymore so I guess that's why I missed his posts.

Say hello to your lovely wife Ongelique Geoff and thanks again

Renie, thanks for responding.

#26205 - 09/28/02 04:20 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Guys, Joosje has had a scan this week and it seems a number of tumors has gone but there still are some. I don't know whether this tumors has gotten bigger or smaller

She still has to keep using the medicine, maybe for the rest of her life. She has some nasty side effects from this medicine (it's a registered medicine now) but hey, without it she had been no longer with us!

Pretty good news

Peace, Han

#26206 - 09/28/02 04:51 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
rold Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: supernatural BC CANADA
Damn - I completely missed this thread this time! I come on for a few minutes a few times over the day and I've been missing a lot lately.. \:\(

Han, it's great to hear some of Joosje's tumours have gone! Any progress in this regard is awesome, and it's great to hear she's going to make it \:\) Please give her my best wishes and the same for Annemiek and the kids as well.. \:\)

Sorry for not having kept in touch; things have been really busy around here...

Nonetheless, I'm really glad I caught the good news! \:\)

All the very best,

Harold

#26207 - 09/28/02 06:04 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hi Harold, thanks bro, I will pass your best wishes to her and Annemiek says hello to you!

You don't have to say sorry my friend.

I saw your son Donovan on another thread, what a nice little boy he is

E-mail me about him and Cathy please.

Peace, Han

#26208 - 09/28/02 08:51 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

Han, thanks for the update. I'm so glad that some of Joosje's tumors have gone. This seems like a positive step in the right direction. My prayers are with her.

Best,

Geoff

#26209 - 09/28/02 09:10 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thank you so much Geoff!

Peace, Han

#26210 - 09/28/02 09:28 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Temecula, LoCal, USA
Han,
Send all the best to Joosje from this survivor. We all need to stick together. Tell her to hang in there. That nasty stuff may well be replaced by something that's found in the near future that doesn't have the severe side effects. \:D

Cereal's friend should read this and learn from her.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#26211 - 09/28/02 09:50 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Dak, I'll tell her all about you and all the guys who pray for her. She still fights like a lion, but even a lion gets tired I suppose. She has gone through hell and when I say hell, you know like no other what I'm talking about buddy.

I've said before: health is as normal as freedom, but once you've lost it, you realize how valuable it was and is.

I wish you all the very best bro, and thanks a million for your concern.

It's near 1.00 am in Holland now and I have to work tomorrow, so it's time to go.

Peace, Han

#26212 - 09/29/02 06:42 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hi guys, I was at Joosje's place today and she asked me to tell you guys how much she appreciates your concern.

If you want to email her personally, just do it, she'll like it very much: Joosje_m@hotmail.com

Peace, Han

#26213 - 09/29/02 07:07 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Soundcrafter Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just read this thread in its entirety, and I'm amazed at the stories I heard. My grandfather had prostate cancer, but survived it, and he's now 94 and still kikcin'! My aunt had breast cancer. I think she has some surgery, and I know she did radiation and chemo, but she also did the natural and holisic things, keeping her pH neutral, and she survived it as well. My prayers are with you and your sister in law, and best wishes!

#26214 - 12/21/02 10:26 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hi all

I have the privilege to bring you the latest and good news:

Joosje has had a scan and again the tumors have become smaller!!!!

She's still having a hard time, but she's very happy and so are we. \:\)

We wish you all a very merry Christmas and a good and healthy 2003.

Peace, Han (let's give peace a chance)

#26215 - 12/21/02 10:37 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Bob Keelan Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Hamilton Square,NJ,UNITED STAT...
Thanks for the update Han. This is a good reminder for us all to cherish each and every day. Happy holidays to all SSS'ers.

bob

#26216 - 01/10/03 08:49 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

Han, thanks for the update. I'm delighted to read the latest news about Joosje! I hope that she continues to make progress; and as always, my prayers are with her!

Best,

Geoff

#26217 - 01/10/03 10:05 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Joachim P. Dyndale Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: My den in Oslo, Norway
I just saw this thread. I've now read it in it's entirety. I am in awe of you all! Man, what a bunch of great people!

Sign, I'm very happy to hear the good news. Sounds like you have all fought very bravely and kept your spirits up, as much as possible.

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

My thoughts and prayers to Joosje and the familiy. God bless you all!

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

#26218 - 10/27/03 04:49 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hi all

Time for an update. My dear sister in law has had a scan today.

The tumors in her abdomen have gone! There are only a couple of small ones left in her liver, but these are getting smaller.

She is part of a group that started with this new medicine. More than 40% of that group of patients have passed away.

The doctors are amazed about this cute little woman, who still fights like a lion.

Yes, I'm a happy guy!

BTW, does anybody know something about 'rold? I can't find him, emailing doesn't work and I feel he's in trouble.

Peace to all of you, Han

#26219 - 10/27/03 05:30 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Flemtone Online   content
Platinum Member

Loc: Mine Hill, NJ
WONDERFUL news!

Keep the faith, and miracles happen.

Keep us apprised,
Tim from Jersey

#26220 - 10/28/03 12:18 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Oh Man Han! I think you know how happy your post just made me. Give a huge hug to Joosjie for me & tell her Dak said "HEY!!!
Damn, I'm giggling like a little kid.
I gotta dig up something & email it to her.
Thanks my friend.

On the other note, I ain't heard hide nor hair of 'rold. I've been worried too. If you hear, let me know, 'K?

Love ya, bro.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

#26221 - 10/28/03 07:00 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Bill buddy, thank you so much for your sympathy bro.

How are you? How's your health lately?

Peace, Han

#26222 - 10/28/03 10:40 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Tedster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Man, Sign, that's some good news! Hope everything stays on the bright side!

#26223 - 10/28/03 11:08 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Bob Keelan Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Hamilton Square,NJ,UNITED STAT...
Wow! Great news! Made my day! Thanks for sharing with us

#26224 - 10/30/03 10:40 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
Dak Lander Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sign:

How are you? How's your health lately?

Peace, Han
My health is , thanks for asking. I'll be clean 3 years in January. The last blood work a bit over a week ago was excellent. \:D

Our Joint

#26225 - 11/09/03 11:22 AM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Bill buddy

Sorry, I've missed your post. That's great man!
Hope you stay with us for at least another 50 year.

peace, Han

#26226 - 07/24/05 02:51 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
sign Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hi guys

On the last day of SSS at musicplayer I'd like to bump this thread which I treasure.

Thank you all for being so kind and helpful over the years.

Joosje is doing fine, it's her 53th birthday today, she still has a tiny spot in her liver.

Thanks again, see you elsewhere.

Peace, Han

#26227 - 07/24/05 03:54 PM Re: Off Topic but need your help desperately.
boosh Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by sign:
Hi guys

On the last day of SSS at musicplayer I'd like to bump this thread which I treasure.

Thank you all for being so kind and helpful over the years.

Joosje is doing fine, it's her 53th birthday today, she still has a tiny spot in her liver.

Thanks again, see you elsewhere.

Peace, Han
CONGRATSSS!!!!! see ya on the other side and in a while in your studio ;\)

Booshy

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >