Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

Listening to this album right now, debating whether I want to go see him next week. I saw Fela a number of times, and love Afrobeat in general, but the show is on Tuesday and it's an hour and a half drive, and the week already pretty action-packed.

Warning, NSFW lyrics.

[video:youtube]

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 2 weeks later...

Link fixed.

[video:youtube]eVc0kp3dWV8

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Tangent - COMM and Genesis - Supper's Ready (my tribute band is learning it).

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Just got a copy of All My Friends. A tribute concert to Gregg Allman, with many top notch players, such as Chuck Leavell, Rami Jaffe and Gregg himself.

I was watching a bit of the DVD version at out bass players place. Chuck was taking a great piano solo and it took the camera guy a minute or so to show him. No respect.

Nord electro 3 73, Casio Px-5s, Yamaha SY-85, A&H ZED FX mixer, 2 QSC K8.2s

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to Blood on Blood live at MSG to learn for an upcoming gig. Singer/leader likes the acoustic/vocals only start. go figure

Odds are if I'm listening to something, i need to learn it or refresh for a gig.

or its on Disney Radio and my daughter is in the car :). i got one less trouble without you ... i got one less trouble without you ... doo doo do-do doo doo ...

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Best thing I heard last week. A nice combination of live Jazz and Hip Hop. Very Glasper/Daniel Crawford inspired. Free Download.

http://f1.bcbits.com/img/a1307782589_2.jpg

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Been listening to a lot of Toy Matinee/3rd Matinee lately. Awesome songwriting and musicianship!

[video:youtube]

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Jazz futures sounds cool.Headhunters: yeah! Somechief: makes me feel agressive in urban language that's not suitable for repetition, don't like. Coller: it's of course some sort of interesting product, but it doesn't speak a musical language I master or feel like learning. Third matinee, year well, interesting parts (well recognized from all kinds of great tracks), but the productions to me sounds kind of wrong, maybe a pro studio should be able to do better on those licks and pop-figures.

To answer the OPs question:

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/wbgoaudio3.png

T.V.

I'm listening to the free preview of Ruthie Foster here, there's also new Dr. John and others. Full albums with free previews is pretty cool. :2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI