Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Introductions?

Hi people!

I'm Jorge, a venezuelan - spanish keyboardist living in Barcelona, Spain. I'm starting a band of rock in spanish. I have a Yamaha MO8 and a Roland XP-50. Now, as a Roland man, I'm deciding to replace my old XP-50 with a Juno Gi, a VR-09, or with the new FA-06. Reviews and comments in this forum are very helpful for me to decide. Thanks!

Gear: Yamaha MO8, Roland FA-06.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I'm Joshua, a keyboardist from Sydney Australia. I've played with a few different bands over the last few years. Throughout uni I play with an original rock band, the occasional corporate/function band as a fill-in, covers and jazz bands. Currently I'm playing with a covers band with some friends from uni and a jazz band. I'm always looking for more people to jam/gig with.

The gear I have:

Keys - Roland RD700GX, Yamaha Motif XF7, Novation MiniNova, M-Audio Axiom 61 MkII and Rhodes Mark I Stage 73 (borrowing from a friend).

Also, here is a links to my SoundCloud and YouTube pages.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkO1slwKcI-95mNREohnrPg/videos

Thanks,

Joshua

Keys: Roland RD-700GX, M-Audio Axiom 61 MkII, Yamaha Motif XF7, Novation MiniNova, Fender Rhodes Mark 1 Stage 73.

Hey!

Came across this thread today... Sorry for not introducing myself when I first signed up...

I'm Simon, 16 year old hammond organist, keyboardist and pianist from Aachen, Germany, huge vintage keys freak... I'm a Jazz/Funk/Blues based player. While being on the road with my B3/drums duo "Twogether" (we just released our second album) I am involved in many band and studio projects. Recent gigs and collaborations include Dr. Lonnie Smith, The Metropole Orchestra, WDR Big Band, Butterscotch, Georgie Fame, support for Bill Wyman and a lot more... :)

My gear:

HX3 custom built hammond clone (B3 features), Leslie 245 (11pin mod), Nord C2 v.2.00, Dynacord DC100 leslie clone, Yamaha CP5 and lots of recording gear, Plugins, Workstations...

Let's see what 2014 brings... I plan to expand my collection with an A100, E100 (just for fun and modding) and one or two more Leslies... :)

Here are some YouTube links.

www.simonoslender.webs.com

All the best, take care guys! :)

Simon

HX3 hammond clone (custom built, B3 specs), Hammond E100 (repair & heavy modding in progress), Nord C2, Leslie 245, Yamaha CP5 and much more...

I've made a few post's - probably should introduce myself: Jim Earley from Steamboat Springs, CO USA. Played keyboards for a living for 22 years, been doing as a hobby for about 10 years now. I decided to buy all new gear recently; that's what led me to this forum.

Here's me playing Green Eyed Lady in a bar back in the mid-90's. It must of been one of the first times we played it, so please excuse the guitar player for being so horribly flat and hang in long enough to hear me rip a solo. BTW - I was playing an E-Mu Vintage Keys.

[video:youtube]

Anyway, hope my questions aren't too stupid, and thanks for having me.

Sounding good jmemcse517,

I lived in Steamboat for the first 5 years when I moved to Colorado. Went to some Classes at CMC and worked for several places including the mountain. Lived at Alpine Meadows and D Bar K back when Wiese Management owned it all. Skiing there was a blast. Some of the best tree skiing I've ever had.

You play there local at all? Old Town Hershey's or the other one I can't remember. I moved to the front range for Avionics and A&P school, Got my instrument Pilot with high performance and complex. unfortunately lost my med while working on multi. Yea the place is really different now, workers were pushed to Craig. Money came in and really tweaked the place.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

Anyway, hope my questions aren't too stupid, and thanks for having me.

Welcome Jim. We all have questions. That's why we are here. Best to have a sense of humor also. And beer. Beer comes up often.

:nopity:

Simon, you rock man!

+1!

The 50|50 video is seriously groovin'. It's good to know the state of great music has a future with you and your peers.

Man, that means a lot to me. Thank you for your kind words!

HX3 hammond clone (custom built, B3 specs), Hammond E100 (repair & heavy modding in progress), Nord C2, Leslie 245, Yamaha CP5 and much more...

Just wanted to introduce myself formally. I'm Summer, soon to be 21, from Georgia. Started piano when I was five and have been playing on and off ever since. Was singing even before that (actually performing / competing, not just like in the bathtub or car haha), and picked up guitar somewhere along the way. My true love is songwriting and performing original material. In terms of my influences and the kind of stuff I listen to, I'm really into 70s kind of stuff - Fleetwood Mac, Carole King, Joni Mitchell. Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

As we are looking forward to your contributions, Summer. Welcome. I think it's great two of the last three introductions are from young people. Should add new perspective (hopefully). :thu:

:nopity:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Simon! I've been playing for 40 years. Maybe if I practice real hard for another 40 I'll be half as good as you are. You have a great approach. I think I'm gonna try to steal some of your licks, if I can manage it!

jmemcse517 -- that's a great song and you rip it. I'd like to hear you play it on better gear! You made it work with what you had, which is what's important. Nice chops!

Welcome, Summer. Love your voice and your cover of Landslide from your FB page! I first heard that song on the Buckingham Nicks album back in 1976, and next to your rendition, it's still my favorite. ;)

Thanks so much man! I really appreciate such wonderful words coming from other musicians. Thanks man!

Hi, I'm Guven from Istanbul, Turkey, nearly half a century old, having classical piano training and having gone the synth way afterwards. I mainly play blues and rock, although sometimes I have to play older pop songs and some jazz standards. My current rig is Yamaha Motif XF6, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Nord Stage EX 76, Korg CX3 (new version) and Alesis QS6.1. And a s**tload of soft synths, growing every day...

Hi Guven! Nice to have a Turkish fellow here. I come to Istanbul quite often (like 3-4 times a year since 2005) as i play with a turkish artist, and i love this city. I hope to have a beer next time there. Welcome to the forum
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Hi Guven! Nice to have a Turkish fellow here. I come to Istanbul quite often (like 3-4 times a year since 2005) as i play with a turkish artist, and i love this city. I hope to have a beer next time there. Welcome to the forum

Thanks a lot, let's definitely do it next time you're here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it's been about six years since I've hung out hereillness and assorted stressors kind of precluded itso most of you won't remember me. So perhaps an update is in order.

Significance of handle: atFulcrum is the name of my project a/k/a one-man band. This would make it easy for you to find me on iTunes or Spotify, for example.

Physical location: I divide my time between Connecticut, whose major exports are tobacco, smog, sleet, and corporate yes men for New York City big shots, and southern California, where the curtains are drawn but the rest of the interior design accessories are real. And even that is merely alleged.

Recent accomplishments: Released an album of progressive rock, Luminous City, and an album of meditative piano improvisations, Movement Along A Path, in 2009, neither of which are available now (but soon again I hope!). Released another album of progressive rock, Describing An Arc (I: Over The Curve), last year, and this album is very available. Working on its follow-up as we speak, along with a second improvisational album, a third of EDM, and a fourth being written with my GF, equal parts prog, new wave, and plainsong. Tracking and mixing the next album for my band in Orange County.

Not-nearly-so-recent accomplishment: Keyboard Corner X; my track somehow actually led the proceedings off.

Axes: keyboards (oh hahahahaha really?), voice, drums, percussion, guitar here and there, very simple woodwinds, and...

Influences: (a tragedy in two acts)

Composers and songwriters from whom I have tried to learn something: Bach, Britten, Vaughan Williams, Elgar, Ravel, Stravinsky, Bartok, Schoenberg, Copland, Bernstein, Gershwin, Zappa, Ellington, Brubeck, Metheny/Mays, Lennon/McCartney, Pete Townshend, Joe Jackson, Keith Emerson, Tony Banks, Dave Stewart, Jem Godfrey, Neal Morse, Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Kevin Gilbert, Becker/Fagen, Difford/Tilbrook, Tori Amos, and to infinity and beyond...

Keyboardists I have tried to understand (and largely failed to, thanks to rusty technique and lack of discipline): Emerson, Banks, Stewart, Mays, Brubeck, Hornsby, Godfrey, Evans, Corea, Hancock, Basie (don't judge! He taught me about economy)

Equipment: (a comedy in three acts)

--currently under hand--

-- hardware --

Korg Kronos X7

Mac Mini (2013)

M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro

M-Audio Axiom 61

Casio XW-G1

Casio XW-P1

Kurzweil K-2000

MOTU Traveler

Focusrite Saffire Pro

Allen & Heath GS3V 32x8x2 console

-- software --

Apple Logic Pro 9.1.8

numerous plugs from Native Instruments, Arturia, Rob Papen, XLN Audio, Eventide, Waves, WaveArts, Lexicon, and Sonalksis, which either make noise or process it

-- waiting in the wings --

old kit such as a MicroMoog, Chroma Polaris, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha DX5, SPX90, RX11, QX21, and other fiddly things I can't remember now.

Hair: no thank you

Eyes: hazel

Weight: 12 stone

Scotch: neh, I drink 1800. When I drink. Which isn't often.

Good to be back, or sort of back.

Hi guys!

After a couple of years of lurking I finally started writing... and promptly forgot to introduce myself!

(Definitely my mom didn't teach me proper netiquette ;) )

Anyway, here I am: Lorenzo from the faraway half-forgotten North-Eastern corner of Italy (Trieste, that's it).

Raised on classical piano, then shifted to jazz about 15 years ago, and then moved to rock-fusion-funky-covers-whatever. And so since the last 9-10 years I'm in the apparently never-ending process of exploring EPs, organs, synths, MIDI, programming and sound modules.

And in the meantime I sing and, most important, play kazoo!

:cool:

I currently play in a Beatles tribute band, a generic rock cover band, and I'm setting up my own jazz-funky-fusion thing.

I recently Nord-ified, trading all my venerable steam-powered keys for a Stage2 and C2.

And that's more or less it, it's great to be here!

ciao,

Lorenzo

Greetings, I am an old hardware engineer now working on some software music instruments. I started creating them in 2001 as a hobby. Some studios liked my work, and I received good comments from Sound on Sound magazine. So now I am transferring them in binary code. It will be a year or so before the major designs are complete, but I hope to offer a few free ones this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

I've sign up in this forum since some month but i've forgotten to introduce myself.

Sorry for that.

I'm laurent,from france.

I live near Paris.

44 years old.

I'm with keyboards since i was so young

I was playing trumpet at the beginning( classical study,and some orchestral experience.)but i was 12 years old when i put my fingers on a keyboard...and it was a poliphonic revelation!

I made some simple chords,found that so beautiful..

So i bought at first a little casio in the 80,and a little psr yamaha...after i bought some Technics arranger(kn 800,kn 2000,kn 6000)

I was as a young boy always in the shops,there was the korg M1 period.

I dreamt about it,but some years after i had the money to buy my first proffesional synth:

The korg 01/W pro.

A good friend of mine(who came back to the states and was singing in a san fransisco gospel choir)took me as a keyboard player in a band to play theses original songs from this american choir.

So we play theses songs,made some little show..earn some money.

After that,we went 1 month to san francisco for holidays,and gave the money we did to the choir.

After this period,i played with some friends in some bands,a lot of friendly moments..

I followed the technology:

korg workstations,roland workstations(3/4 of the fantom series),yamaha motifs(i know very well and love all the motif series.)

I had the roland MC groovebox too(i loved the 909 and 505),or korg electribe.

I took the Alesis ADAT revolution(multiple adat XT,yamaha 02/r,mackie series)

Since some years i'm with mac and controllers too(macbook pro and Mac pro,i'm a big ableton live and reason fan)(nektar panorama,maschine from native,and akai apc40)

The last years,i had some personal musical thoughs:

-i realized i love the most playing music as a traditional keyboard player.

-i realized I'm an absolute fan of the 60/70 vintage music.

What i love the most is playing piano,eps sounds and organ(while i'm not a pure organ player)

For exemple i'm not a big fan playing annoying pads as a keyboard player.

So i am lucky to have a good job where i can modulate my agenda,and i'm playing with 2 bands(1 blues rock 60/70 oriented,the other southern rock and psyché rock oriented)and we are playing in differents places/festival/etc etc in france.

So i think i can be qualified as a semi-pro player.

I'm an absolute fan of the rhodes,unfortunatly i can't have one to play(too heavy)so i'm always in search of the best hardware rhodes sounds.

In the last years i had 9 nord keyboards,1 kronos,1 jupiter 80(i'm a big fan of the jupiter 80),3 korg SV1..and a kurzweil PC3k8

I love the the kronos and sv1 rhodes,but i don't like korg vision for reliability.

I love the NORD(i have the electro 4 and i will buy the stage 3 for sure)because they are some of the best friends you can have on stage(sounds good,reliable...)

My favourite actual synths are:

-the motif XF(so reliable and efficient)

-the jupiter 80(sounds so warm for me,i sold it and took the integra not to be too sad)

-the kurzweil pc3k series(i sold my pc3k8 for weight,and took a used pc361 in perfect conditions to keep kurzweil)

The most efficient keyboards for the music i play are high level stage piano,and a waterfal type organ clone.

I recently sold my nord piano 2 and roland RD700 nx,and bought the RD800 and yamaha CP4.

I love both,but i found a lot of pleasure with the CP4 rhodes for exemple.

I think i can't have better rhodes than these in the yam.

I tweaked a lot and find a good feeling with it.

Oh:

My dream would be to buy a vintage vibe..but expensive and heavy.:-(

One day in the future maybe.

I hope next year to buy a hammond sk1 and a neo ventilator 2.

I was reading all the topics in the keyboard corner forums since so many years,and recently decide to sign up.

What i love in this forum:

-not geek oriented,i can feel the real musician in everybody here..i love it.

-i'm feeling very near from so much live oriented players here.

-There are so much kind persons here,with so much experience.

I know i can learn a lot with you..and i'm very proud to share with this community.

Thanks for reading me,and sorry english isn't my native language(i know i'm not alone)and i'm always afraid to make some mistakes and write the opposite i want to explain.

Excuse me if this appears.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.