Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new single done for Record Store Day by Lake Street Dive:

[video:youtube]

Rachael Price does it in one take...she's the real deal.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! , found another cool band - "Eisbrecher" from Germany , Big big sound with walls of cool keyboard sounds.

But , I'm a bit disappointed peep's - no keyboardist to be seen or found (well I can't find him :( ) - backing tracks?. Don't tell me , not again , surely not. >

Brett

Have you guys check out Scott Bradlee & The Post Modern Jukebox??

If not, here is a link to one of his videos -

NYC based pianist plays ragtime covers of pop songs. Great stuff!

Keys: Roland RD-700GX, M-Audio Axiom 61 MkII, Yamaha Motif XF7, Novation MiniNova, Fender Rhodes Mark 1 Stage 73.

N&I, I finally got myself an Elephant9 album recently. They'd been on the list to check out for a while. Very cool stuff. I'll have to sit down with that live video.

Breaking out one of my first records ever:

http://eil.com/images/main/Madness+-+One+Step+Beyond...+-+LP+RECORD-445050.jpg

Incidentally, the title track is what inspired me to pick up sax back in junior high.

George Duke "Funny Funk".

I recorded a 96k/24b version on SSD yesterday evening (more like night, using headphones) from a processed version originally from the MPS Fusion Recordings CD. I used midfreq. averaging with new additions (using a graphical side band gate from "calf"), including an anti-clip signal, serious CD correction equalizing (11 bands) and some other stuff, and it sounds as funky now on the speakers as it did on headphones!

T.

At this very moment? The ringing in my ears and the occasional rustle of paper from the next cubicle.

But on my way to work this morning, it was Blackberry Smoke (as usual).

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

At this moment, this track, from the Live in Munich 1977 DVD:

Nice classic keyboard setup, B3, Mellotron, and Clav, and (not 1 but) two Minimoogs! I'm not familiar with Don Stone, but he sounds great here. If you can make it through the guitar wankery and Beethoven quotes, there's a 2nd unaccompanied key solo at 10:55, starts on Clav, ends on the dual Minis.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I've long been a Joe Jackson fan and I'm always intrigued at the groups of people he puts together. Just found this full-length show from the Olympia in Paris, from the time of the Duke tour. Can't say I'm 100% on board with the Duke arrangements, but the revisits of his own tunes are fantastic. And the band is the cream of the crop of NYC - Regina Carter, Adam Rogers, Jesse Murphy & Nate Smith with longtime JJ partners Sue Hadjopolous & Alison Cornell.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

One blues riff by Benmont Tench on Tom Petty's "Into the Great Wide Open" in the second verse. Very simple, but very tasteful, very nicely placed in the song. Love the sound of the Wurly. It's his only riff in the song though.
Nord electro 3 73, Casio Px-5s, Yamaha SY-85, A&H ZED FX mixer, 2 QSC K8.2s

Elephant9. I've been digging these guys on record for a few years now, and just found some live video of them.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm8QAxa3Zyk

Finally checked this out last night. Thank you for sharing. :cool:

P.S. If Mr. Fortner sees this... I reckon there's a sweet interview to be had with Mr. Storløkken. :idea: