Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? #2417930 06/09/12 03:08 PM
L
LX88 Offline OP
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
L
Hello

I just discovered this part of the forum.

Anyway, there are some ideas I have for topics I would like to recommend to Keyboard Magazine.

For now I would like to keep my ideas private, because if Keyboard Magazine would not be interested than I would like to save the option for perhaps submitting them to other magazines.

I was also curious if Keyboard Magazine has any connection to Backbeat Books. There is one VERY obvious idea for a book I have that makes me wonder why no one has thought of it.

I would like to submit these ideas to someone who has time to listen.

If anyone knows who I should send these ideas to , please PM me.

Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: LX88] #2427915 07/25/12 08:52 PM
C
cheekygirl Offline
C
All the keys are in the right place.
Finally! A basic keyboard where all the keys are in the right place, the layout is familiar, and my touch-typing fingers don't have to learn anything NEW.

What's with all the wrist rests, bubble shaped gigantic keyboards that take up the whole desk? Give me a basic keyboard that WORKS.

Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: cheekygirl] #2433697 08/22/12 10:44 PM
Stephen Fortner Offline
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member
But who is number 1 ? ...
MP Hall of Fame Member
LX88, my email address is sfortner (at) musicplayer (dot) com, so feel free to pitch away anytime. It's also printed in the masthead of every issue, so we don't try to keep it a secret.

Yes, we do work with Backbeat Books, which is now a division of Hal Leonard publishing.

Cheekygirl, this place is about musical keyboards, not QWERTY (although I spend most of my time at a word processor myself and can totally sympathize). If you play, or even just LIKE music, feel free to stick around. smile

"I'm just a confused musician who got sidetracked into this damned word business..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Stephen Fortner
Principal, Fortner Media
Editor at Large, Music Player Network
Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine
Content Creator and Behind-the-Scenes Writing Wonk, Damned Near Everyone
Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: Stephen Fortner] #2436647 09/06/12 02:01 AM
zephonic Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
I'd like to see an interview with Wayne Linsey from the Tonight Show. I talked to him a couple of times at jams and he is a cool dude who has played with many great artists. He has a lot of stories. And KILLER chops!

Re: Submitting ideas for Keyboard Magazine Articles? [Re: zephonic] #2591522 04/22/14 04:30 PM
zephonic Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads...l_k#Post2591346

Now that Wayne has joined the forum, I thought it appropriate to renew the request for an interview with him?