Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2576572 - 03/01/14 06:28 PM Bridgette Kearney- Lake Street Dive
E. B. Offline

I have never heard of Lake Street Dive until a couple of weeks ago, and lucky for me caught a local show in town. Bridgette Kearney is a fantastic upright player; I always watch the bass player and she totally lost me. How about an article about her and this great new band.

#2591777 - 04/23/14 08:22 AM Re: Bridgette Kearney- Lake Street Dive [Re: E. B.]
johngoldsby Moderator Offline

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Welcome to the Forum, E.B. I'll keep my ears open for Bridgette Kearney.

#2598433 - 05/20/14 06:35 PM Re: Bridgette Kearney- Lake Street Dive [Re: johngoldsby]
Nicklab Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: New Jersey
She's an interesting player, John. I became aware of Lake Street Dive when I saw them featured in a special on Showtime. It was about the music from the film Inside Llewyn Davis, which is about the folk music scene in New York circa 1961. Most of the music from the special was featured in the movie. I get the sense that Lake Street Dive was tapped by T-Bone Burnett for the special because they fit the vibe of the film's soundtrack. Their performance definitely floored me!

Moderator:  Brian Fox, johngoldsby