Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine Electronic Musician
Topic Options
#2522676 - 08/29/13 10:00 AM proper forum for playing at nursing homes?
bob-h Offline

My wife and I are now retired. We have played in bands for 40 years and now want to play assisted living and nursing homes,using guitar and backing tracks. We are both former lead singers and can carry that with no problem. Is there a forum where we can discuss types of music, fees, and other situations? My feeling is to play music from 50's and 60's...soft rock, country, etc.I play telecaster and accoustic electric.

#2522833 - 08/29/13 08:09 PM Re: proper forum for playing at nursing homes? [Re: bob-h]
A String Administrator Offline
Admin
10k Club

Loc: Ontario, Canada
All of the forums here, at Music Player, are filled with professionals such as yourself. We tend to stick to the forums that are relevant to our instruments (for example, I frequent the Guitar Forum), but that certainly isn't a rule.

Have a look around and see what forum best suits you. Lots of great folks here who I'm sure will be able to help you out.
My Pics

#2522873 - 08/30/13 04:27 AM Re: proper forum for playing at nursing homes? [Re: A String]
Griffinator Offline
TPS cook & bottle washer
20k Club

Loc: Lynchburg, VA, USA
There are a lot of guys on the Guitar and Keyboard forums who play in nursing homes and the like. It's a really fulfilling experience, watching those folks' faces light up as you play music for them, whether they recognize the songs or not...

#2522942 - 08/30/13 08:46 AM Re: proper forum for playing at nursing homes? [Re: Griffinator]
bob-h Offline

Thanks guys! So many forums here I don't know if I'll ever find the right one....I'd be interested in hearing anyone's experiences

Moderator:  Jeff Klopmeyer