Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2486168 - 04/17/13 08:19 PM Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations?
harvey Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I'm running out of pedal board real estate and figure a volume/wah will free up some space.

Anybody use/used one? Are they like two average pedals jammed into one or are there some good ones out there?

http://stjambience.wordpress.com/

GP Island
#2486223 - 04/18/13 07:05 AM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: harvey]
Winston Psmith Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
The only one I remember was the DOD FX-17 pedal. I never used it, but IIRC, it looked fairly short. I don't think they're still made, but they show up used.

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/figures-of-speech

#2486278 - 04/18/13 11:24 AM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: Winston Psmith]
Danzilla Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Many moons ago, I looked into a wah/volume. Pretty sure the one I tried was a Morely. I like using a volume pedal for swells, rather than my pinky on the guitar's volume knob. I thought this would be a good way to have a wah on hand as well. My issue was that when you switch from one function to the other, you're in the middle of the throw, or wherever you had it for the last function. When you switch back, it's off. In other words, goign from one function to the other wasn't as seamless as I'd hoped. Could just be my lack of practicing with it, but it ended up seeming more cumbersome than I wanted. (Ok, weight-wise, carrying two pedals is more cumbersome; but more functional.)

#2486330 - 04/18/13 02:20 PM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: Danzilla]
leftyaxeman Offline

Loc: just south of the swamps
Here's the one I've been using. it's a GigFx Mega Wah. Works very well, and has many wah parameters to customize the sound to your own taste. As a matter of fact, I saw a rig rundown with Peter Frampton and he uses one. Highly recommended.

#2486625 - 04/19/13 05:20 PM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: leftyaxeman]
harvey Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Thanks guys.

Lefty, do you think the gig fx comes in a right footed model?

http://stjambience.wordpress.com/

#2486656 - 04/19/13 09:25 PM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: harvey]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: harvey
Thanks guys.

grin

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2487509 - 04/23/13 03:02 PM Re: Anyone used a volume/wah? Recommendations? [Re: harvey]
leftyaxeman Offline

Loc: just south of the swamps
Originally Posted By: harvey
Thanks guys.

Lol. Like my strat, you would have to turn it over & play it backwards. rawk

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose