Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2481240 - 03/28/13 12:23 PM St. Matthew Passion Free Tickets
Eric Iverson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Jackson Heights, NY
My co-worker Diana had 2 tickets to go see the St. Matthew Passion at Carnegie Hall tonight, but her boyfriend is sick so she can't make it. She was kind enough to give them to me!

This is really cool, since I'm a Bachaholic of sorts - mostly instrumental; and I love to dabble in Bach on guitar, mando, flute.... this is vocal music, but not "wretched excess" like some opera is, for my taste.

Anyway, it's been a LONG time since anybody gave me any free tickets to a major concert! I wish my wife could make it; not sure she wants to sit through three hours of Bach, LOL.....

GP Island
#2481260 - 03/28/13 01:02 PM Re: St. Matthew Passion Free Tickets [Re: Eric Iverson]
Winston Psmith Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
I'd go to hear just about anything at Carnegie Hall! Okay, maybe not Polka Music on a pipe organ, but otherwise . . .

Have a great time, man!

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/figures-of-speech

#2481274 - 03/28/13 01:46 PM Re: St. Matthew Passion Free Tickets [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
Not sure if your wife and your co-workers' boyfriend will be with me on this, but perhaps you and your co-worker could go?

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose