Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2479249 - 03/21/13 11:56 AM when tragedy strikes, we gotta stick together...
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: new england, usa
hey peeps,
local legends the Easton Brothers (Mark and Barry)/avalanche had a tragic fire at their studio in eastford this past saturday nite, and lost all their recording/gigging gear and countless priceless artifacts from 50 years of rocknroll, the shaboo inn, and god knows how much else... the avalanche pa is gone, all of barry's drums, all the recording gear, countless guitars and vintage mics etc...all that's left is cinders and half melted speaker baskets.
the important thing is no one was hurt by the fire, tho barry is in rough shape right now...
anyways, hope that our musical community will step up and help the brothers get back on their feet.. and hoping they choose to rebuild the studio, tho that may be a while coming.
gonna be looking for donations of gear, cash, and more importantly HUMAN POWER to help rebuild when the time comes.
hoping that some good hearted musicians will step up to help, so if it's something you want to be involved in, let me know. right now is way too early to really know what's gonna happen, but one thing that can help immensley is to visit avalancheus.com and consider buying a copy of their album, to help them recover from this near death blow. your ears will thank you, and so will your karma.
people are already stepping up to help... which is awesome.. let's show the world we take care of our own.... and let's show all the non musicians, that the whole worldwide community we share is one.... thanks for your time.
peace,
pink jimi photon (former guitar, easton brothers band)

GP Island
#2479270 - 03/21/13 12:43 PM Re: when tragedy strikes, we gotta stick together... [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
http://www.myspace.com/theeastonbrothers <--- samples to listen to...feel sorry for your buds Pink...

#2479343 - 03/21/13 07:06 PM Re: when tragedy strikes, we gotta stick together... [Re: Larryz]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
I have an idea what that's like; losing everything in a fire is rough...

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2479354 - 03/21/13 09:28 PM Re: when tragedy strikes, we gotta stick together... [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

we will help 'em rebuild. brought barry a brand-spankin' new drum set last nite... nothing like his custom tamas, but they'll do to start hopefully.

#2479688 - 03/22/13 06:39 PM Re: when tragedy strikes, we gotta stick together... [Re: pinkjimiphoton]
pinkjimiphoton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

i DID just buy an autographed copy of their album..every little bit helps.

i know what it's like to lose, and i mean everything.

it's happened to me many times in my life..

it's tough to start over again when you're in your 50's, man..

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose