Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2477718 - 03/15/13 12:24 AM Question about TC HoF
Nillerbabs Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Denmark
What up, shredders and gentle fretlings!

On a brief visit from the keys department. I have a short question about the Hall of Fame reverb, which I recently bought from a friend for cheapsies. When I turn off the effect, the reverb is cut immediately. I would like it to resound after switching off the pedal, having everything I play thereafter be dry. Do you know if this is possible? Would seem odd to mé if not. To my ears, the manual doesn't state this clearly.

Thanks!
Niels

GP Island
#2477725 - 03/15/13 03:05 AM Re: Question about TC HoF [Re: Nillerbabs]
The Geoff Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Glasgow
On the pedal I have, there are 2 output sockets - one cuts the effect instantly when the button is pressed, plugging into the other allows the affected signal to continue until the effect wears off naturally - would this apply to your pedal?

G.

#2477779 - 03/15/13 08:21 AM Re: Question about TC HoF [Re: The Geoff]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Some Delay/Reverb pedals have a "trails" setting, which allows the Delay/Reverb sound to trail off, even when you've switched off the pedal. I was just reading the HOF manual on the TC site, and didn't see anything about a "trails" setting for any of the various Reverb models. You may want to email the company for more info. Good luck.

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/regrets-only

#2477826 - 03/15/13 11:09 AM Re: Question about TC HoF [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
I would look into using an expression pedal in conjunction with your reverb. You can increase the effect and decrease the effect to include tapering it off and going dry...

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose