Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2468086 - 02/03/13 09:34 AM OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread?
TuskBuffer Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Lorain,OH,UNITED STATES
Wondering if it's taboo, like playing "Stairway to Heaven" at the guitar store laugh

So, who's it gonna be?
http://www.tuskbuffer.net
TuskBuffer Mammoth Ivory Guitar Picks

GP Island
#2468087 - 02/03/13 09:37 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: TuskBuffer]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
I'm a Saints fan, predicting Niners.

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2468097 - 02/03/13 10:04 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Hwy 49, California
I have to go with the Niners and SF winning both the series and the superbowl in the same year! It would be very cool! I hope it's going to be a great game and I won't mind a bit if the Ravens win it. Both brothers are great coaches but the real talent is with all of the players! cool

#2468230 - 02/03/13 05:58 PM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: TuskBuffer]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
My money's always on Los Angeles in the NFL.

#2468248 - 02/03/13 07:50 PM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Ultimately, a pretty good game- congrats to the Ravens and their fans!

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2468257 - 02/03/13 08:36 PM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Congrats to the Ravens, I know they were pissed when the lights went out but they held on anyway...the niners almost made the come back...good game!

#2468724 - 02/05/13 08:24 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Larryz]
Sharkman Offline

I know it's late, but I haven't been here in about a week. I picked the Ravens to win, and it was really a fairly easy call to make. If the Patriots beat the Ravens in the AFC Chamionship game two weeks earlier, the Patriots would have been a huge favorite. Therefore, it only makes sense that the team that beat the obvious favorite should be the new favorite.

#2468730 - 02/05/13 08:37 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Sharkman]
SEHpicker Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Inverness, Florida
Played a noon to 4 gig on Superbowl Sunday. Between songs Dave, my front man yells - everyone for the Ravens - lets' hear it! half a dozen people (out of 500-600) gave small cheers.
Dave then said how bout them 49er's - same thing - very lame couple of shouts.
This was surprising to me - I yelled out - who doesn't give a shit?
The whole place exploded in cheers. I guess San Fran & Boston are just too far away to have much of a fan base here. confused

www.huntgroupproductions.com

#2468740 - 02/05/13 08:49 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: SEHpicker]
Fred_C Offline
Gold Member

Loc: PA
I thought it was a really good game.

#2468800 - 02/05/13 10:46 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Fred_C]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I was busy picking fly shit out of pepper. Seemed to be more interesting to me.
Whitefang

#2469105 - 02/06/13 05:18 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: TuskBuffer]
LeftyBlues Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Only watched the first half as I wasn't feeling too good. Beyonce was really a bunch o' nothing, I guess I just don't get pop music - it was a dance routine more than anything. Let's go back to marching bands shall we?

#2469174 - 02/06/13 07:58 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: LeftyBlues]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: LeftyBlues
Only watched the first half as I wasn't feeling too good. Beyonce was really a bunch o' nothing, I guess I just don't get pop music - it was a dance routine more than anything. Let's go back to marching bands shall we?

Given the context, we shouldn't really be expecting music in the first place. It's about entertainment, & what entertains the masses isn't usually going to please music aficionados.
Marching bands are so deeply tied to the conventions & orthodoxies of a bygone era that they have surpassed being merely a nod to nostalgia & are now thoroughly fossilized in amber. I might could be entertained by an actual Apollo moon launch, followed by a recreation of the Battle of Culloden, with lots of bagpipes, & maybe Hawaiian hula dancers with ukuleles.

#2469194 - 02/06/13 08:37 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

How about a monster truck mud pit with heavy metal guitars playing while the cheerleaders do some mud wrestling? The winning surviving chicks with the most clothes left on get 3 points added to the half-time score...

#2469213 - 02/06/13 09:08 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Larryz]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Larryz
How about a monster truck mud pit with heavy metal guitars playing while the cheerleaders do some mud wrestling? The winning surviving chicks with the most clothes left on get 3 points added to the half-time score...

I guess I would score that a little differently, like points deducted for most clothes remaining.

#2469228 - 02/06/13 09:22 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I could force myself to sit through a football game if they had these guys do the halftime show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014

#2469244 - 02/06/13 09:51 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser
Originally Posted By: Larryz

I guess I would score that a little differently, like points deducted for most clothes remaining.

if it's 0 to 0 you would have a minus score? either way you score it somebody [pun intended] is going to have a wardrobe malfunction...

#2469246 - 02/06/13 09:54 AM Re: OT: What? No Super Bowl Thread? [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser
I could force myself to sit through a football game if they had these guys do the halftime show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lNFRLrP014

Very cool but don't forget to duck during the flyover... cool

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose